It arrived today

lafountain

Well some of you may remember that I posted this jersey in this thread back in October, but today I just picked it up from customization.

This is a WBS Penguins 2009-2010 alternate jersey customized with Penguins prospect Mark Letestu, who had his first call up to Pittsburgh while this jersey was in customization. Good timing huh?

And yes, I know this looks like the Blackhawks Winter Classic jersey. Don't have to tell me, but I like it anyway. LOL.

Letestufront.jpg

Letestuback.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the baby Pens 3rd ... it is strange seeing that style with white instead of the sand color, but I think it fits the look of the crest. Glad they didn't add shoulder patches or anything.

Here's my latest acquisition, my first official MeiGray documented gamer: a 2001-02 Rangers pre-season jersey with 9/11 ribbon patch of tough guy #21 Steve McKenna.

Thanks to our own IrishLAXburger2 who decided against cannibalizing this jersey for the patch, and sold it me for what it cost him - a very classy move. :thumbsup:

mckenna_back_sm.jpg

mckenna_front_sm.jpgmckenna_patch_sm.jpg

Being a pre-season jersey, the name is actually head-pressed vinyl on a nameplate. The jersey itself is in fairly good shape with just a couple stick/puck marks and some minor board burn on one elbow.

Another new Wings jersey:

november2009003.jpg

november2009004.jpg

A Cheli and 2000 patch. Nice. Kind of miss him now with all the Wings injuries. It's passed my mind about a Wolves Chelios.

My latest customizing haul...a really, really long time in the making. Need to split this up in a few posts, sorry about that. That's how you know it's a good haul! :D

These were done by the same place that letters the jerseys the Avs wear on the ice so they're basically game ready. I couldn't be happier with how they look!

DAHaul.jpg

Ray Bourque, 2001 Stanley Cup.

Bourque2001whiteStanleyCup.jpg

Bourque2001whiteStanleyCupback.jpg

Peter Forsberg, 2000-2001 CCM.

ForsbergCCM2000-2001white.jpg

ForsbergCCM2000-2001whiteback.jpg

Peter Forsberg, Koho Alternate.

ForsbergKohoAlternate.jpg

ForsbergKohoAlternateback.jpg

Paul Stastny, 2006-2007 rookie jersey.

PaulStastny2006-2007RBKwhite.jpg

PaulStastny2006-2007RBKwhiteback.jpg

Part 2...

Had the Garth Brooks patch added to my already customized 2006-2007 Joe Sakic. Thanks again to JeffB for the heads up on the eBay seller that was offering these patches.

Sakic2006-2007RBKGarthBrooks.jpg

Sakic2006-2007RBKGarthBrookspatch.jpg

Joe Sakic, 2005-2006 RBK Alternate

Sakic2005-2006RBKAlternate.jpg

Sakic2005-2006RBKAlternateback.jpg

Joe Sakic, 2000-2001 Koho, MVP season.

Sakic2000-2001Kohodark.jpg

Sakic2000-2001Kohodarkback.jpg

Milan Hejduk, 2005-2006 White, on a blank game issue, with the old NHL shield on the tail.

Hejduk2005-2006RBKwhite.jpg

Hejduk2005-2006RBKwhiteback.jpg

Milan Hejduk, 2005-2006 RBK Alternate, on a blank game issue.

Hejduk2005-2006Alternate.jpg

Hejduk2005-2006Alternateback.jpg

Those are all great looking jerseys. How many Avs jerseys do you have now?

@xcdude...Thanks man!

I hate you, man. No... just kidding but you sure know how to make collectors envious. Awesome... just awesome.

I don't really share to make people jealous, just trying to share with people that understand my sickness! :thumbsup: Thanks for the love.

Those are all great looking jerseys. How many Avs jerseys do you have now?

Thanks Jeff. I have right around 40 gamers and authentics (that includes a few replicas as well), then around 15 All-Star and international jerseys that feature, or will feature Avs players. There are always more on the way too. We all know how that goes.

My latest customizing haul...a really, really long time in the making.

DAHaul.jpg

Holy crap Jay - that's an amazing haul. Congrats man I know you've been wanting to knock some of those out for quite a while!

Hopefully you got a good deal on the customizaton jobs. They look great.

Great haul!

Those sure do look awesome. Within all those, how come no Dale Hunter yet? As I'm sure everyone's aware, he started out a Nordique for several years, then of course was a Cap for what seemed like forever, and went out with the Avalanche to try and win a Cup in his last year in the league.

Hopefully you got a good deal on the customizaton jobs. They look great.

Got a great deal and they're local. No shipping and they already have exactly what's needed on hand so there's no ordering kits from other places. It's what I've been looking for for a while.

Those sure do look awesome. Within all those, how come no Dale Hunter yet? As I'm sure everyone's aware, he started out a Nordique for several years, then of course was a Cap for what seemed like forever, and went out with the Avalanche to try and win a Cup in his last year in the league.

Dale Hunter played for the Avs late into the 98-99 season. Those were the Starter years. Ask akteon too, it's tough finding Starter blanks first of all, and due to the variance in how they fit I have a hard time buying blanks without trying them on first. I have a size 60 that fits great, from akteon in fact, and a size 60 that's way too slim. Go figure.

Holy crap Jay - that's an amazing haul. Congrats man I know you've been wanting to knock some of those out for quite a while!

Thanks Matt. You and Evan know exactly what I went through, and you went through pretty much the same thing too, so I think you have an idea of how I feel right now. It was a long process, but it was totally worth it when I see how well these are done.

Superb haul, did you pick up all 12 at the same time?

These weren't necessarily new pickups, I just didn't post the blanks when I got them. The alternate Forsberg jersey has been sitting blank in my closet for the past three or four years. All of the rest of the jerseys I've acquired are a little newer than that. There were 11 that I had customized and 1 just that had the patch added to it. They were all customized at one time though. It was a fun trip to the jersey store as you can imagine.

They were all customized at one time though. It was a fun trip to the jersey store as you can imagine.

Yeah that's what I meant, must've been ace taking delivery of those dozen :)

What's the name of the place that did the work?

Yeah that's what I meant, must've been ace taking delivery of those dozen :)

What's the name of the place that did the work?

It's Denver Athletic and I'm pretty sure they just do Avs jerseys. I also need to check with them to see if they do mail order stuff and replicas too. Do you have some Avs jerseys you need done?

Yeah I've got a couple.

I have one that I need done as well. I have one of the 1st Starter replicas that came out. I'd like to make that into a Sakic 96 Stanley cup jersey.

BJS could you tell me where that place is located and what they charge? thanks man

and of course, congrats on the insane haul