It arrived today

lafountain

Where'd you find OHL authentics?? All I've ever seen are replicas or gamers. I searched for a grey/alt Sudbury Wolves - I had to settle for a replica.

I have been wondering the same thing, I just started looking at OHL and CHL jerseys and was wondering where to get authentics.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where'd you find OHL authentics?? All I've ever seen are replicas or gamers. I searched for a grey/alt Sudbury Wolves - I had to settle for a replica.

I got the Whalers jersey directly from the team. They still have some left from before they switched to the Edge jersey. I think it was $120. The Wolves jersey I got off of eBay from someone who seemed to have a connection with the team as he had 2 BNWT jerseys. I lost the first auction but he sent me a second chance offer for the other one and I got it for $101.

This came in today, now I just got to bye a seam stripper and take the lettering off. Pretty much everything looks to be authentic if your going by the Fake vs real Edge guide at the top of the page.

NHL logo and Reebok emblems are patches and sewn on. I can clearly see the RBK in the collar, the fight strap appears like the real one, only thing is the center ice tag. Cant really say its one or the other but according to the guide, they are very similar anyway. Either way, the fabric feels great, and since i dont have another Authentic Edge, all i can say is im Extremely satisfied with it.

2541983730104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

2659606390104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

Hmmm...I DO know that the Rangers had game-worn set patches in their jerseys during the 1996-97 year but I don't know about the issues. There is a possibility that the jersey was an blank issue that someone customized with Driver...that does seem unlikely though. Bruce Driver? Nah. Either way, that's a NICE jersey.

Not as impressive as Slime's (very nice btw sir) but anyway, here's my latest trio:

Boston Pro Player authentic:

2173044940105083711S425x425Q85.jpg

Rangers Pro Player authentic:

2710490930105083711S425x425Q85.jpg

and a bit more unusual, a 1994/95 Nottingham Panthers replica:

2155856270105083711S425x425Q85.jpg

Pretty small that one, bought it on a bit of an ebay whim, nice mesh material they've used though.

great pick up. The jersey is team issued. But didn't the game worn and game issued Rangers jersey have a set patch in the hem?
Hmmm...I DO know that the Rangers had game-worn set patches in their jerseys during the 1996-97 year but I don't know about the issues. There is a possibility that the jersey was an blank issue that someone customized with Driver...that does seem unlikely though. Bruce Driver? Nah. Either way, that's a NICE jersey.

The seller said this in their auction:

"Sorry can't provide certificate of authenticity as was illegally acquired from the back of the Rangers team van one drunk night when I was in NY in 1997."

I have no reason to believe that someone in NZ would make something like that up. They only started the bidding at $5 too.

Oh nice. Is there any rust and/or salt in the fight strap snaps? That's a tell-tale sign that the jersey was used. Also, being that Driver was a D-man, look for wear or pilling in the elbows.

Ed, those Pro Players are awesome. They're such a great quality jersey too. I see tags on those too which makes it even better.

So, just to clarify; a game-worn set patch would only be on a jersey that was sold as a game worn, right? Such as Meigray.

The players aren't skating around with "game-worn set patches" inside their jerseys are they? hah

I'll check the strap for rust. The elbows and jersey in general does have some wear, I noticed a tiny hole in one elbow.

So, just to clarify; a game-worn set patch would only be on a jersey that was sold as a game worn, right? Such as Meigray.

The players aren't skating around with "game-worn set patches" inside their jerseys are they? hah

I'm pretty sure most are, yeah. I know MeiGray tags all their stuff BEFORE use. In fact, they were running a promo earlier in the year where if you could actually find a picture of a Ranger with his MeiGray tag showing, you'd get a certain percentage off on the jersey when you bought it. Back then though, I honestly don't know. I THINK that 1995-96 was the first year Rangers jerseys were officially set tagged and back then it was all done by Mike Folga the trainer. MeiGray has only been around since 2002 so back in 1997, it was only he and Cosby's handled all the jerseys so who knows where they came from then?

D-oh! Where's my head at today?? I got some kits in the mail yesterday and after finishing up some of my fellow posters jerseys, I got to work on these:

anucks3rdcirca1996CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

nucks3rdcirca1996bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

nalTeamcirca19912aCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

nalTeamcirca19912bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I'm still missing the A on the Bure and have to sew all the arm numbers on still but you get the idea. The USA jersey came out just perfect. I think it's now my favorite non-gamer. I mean, come on....just look at it! The blue, the USA crest, the Canada Cup patch...I DARE you not to love that jersey! :D

Got this one in today, another pickup from gameworn.net for a really good price. It wasn't as good as the other Rangers jersey I picked up but still good. If somebody is looking for one of these I can sell or trade it. Pm me if interested

Size 56

2083220450105461084S600x600Q85.jpg

2969771930105461084S600x600Q85.jpg

Excellent. You need an NHL 2000 patch for that one now. Too bad there's not a whole lot to put on that jersey. Those were some awful Rangers teams back then.

I got this today:

Nordiquescirca1994CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

ordiquescirca1994bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Worn in the strike-shortened 1995 season. I always liked Scott Young because he was a solid player AND an American. He and Craig Wolanin I always liked. There's a TON of wear on it especially on the arms. Some great stick marks on the front and about 12 team repairs too.

Excellent. You need an NHL 2000 patch for that one now. Too bad there's not a whole lot to put on that jersey. Those were some awful Rangers teams back then.

If I hold onto it I will most likely make it a Fleury.

Alright, Well i lied, I am extremely curious to see if the Phoenix I purchased is real. Everything follows the guide to a T. The patches have the tan suede. Everything looks legit but untill i get a confirmation, i wont know for sure. Here are some more photos that might help. Sorry for some of the blur, All Nhl and vector logos are sewn on patches by the way.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/575600867foGeWv

Alright, Well i lied, I am extremely curious to see if the Phoenix I purchased is real. Everything follows the guide to a T. The patches have the tan suede. Everything looks legit but untill i get a confirmation, i wont know for sure. Here are some more photos that might help. Sorry for some of the blur, All Nhl and vector logos are sewn on patches by the way.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/575600867foGeWv

It's real, good luck with the strip job.

It's real, good luck with the strip job.

Sweet,

Got all the stuff off, put just one tiny hole in one of the arms that will be covered up, upon renumbering. I just need to get some googone because that Bottom "Phoenix Coyotes" left a noticeble shade difference.

Ha thanks, I said quite a few choice words when i put the hole in the arm. The body fabric was easy to do but that arm fabric is something else. I just hope i can get the residue off it with no problems. Im going to try some goo gone and then wash it in cold water. Do you think i should air dry it or gentle cycle in the dryer?

Ha thanks, I said quite a few choice words when i put the hole in the arm. The body fabric was easy to do but that arm fabric is something else. I just hope i can get the residue off it with no problems. Im going to try some goo gone and then wash it in cold water. Do you think i should air dry it or gentle cycle in the dryer?

If it was me, I would wash in the delicate cycle, then air dry it.

Just a quick question, Whats a good way to get the leftover outline of the numbers out of the jersey. Its not glue or anything, just the outline of where the numbers were.

Turn it inside-out and hit it with a hot iron with a lot of steam. That should get the outlines out no problem.

Cool, its in the washer as we speak. Which brought up a good question.

Do fake Edge Authentics bead away water? As soon as water started hitting the jersey, the water beaded away. I wonder if fakes do the same.