It arrived today

lafountain

2001 North America All-Star Game Issue

Gotta love those eBay sellers that have no idea what they actually have. I got lucky and stumbled across this one. It has a few issues, but nothing I'm not willing to work through. The biggest issue is the fight strap was cut off. You can see it pretty clearly in the picture of the back. Why someone would do that is beyond me, but I'll get it fixed up somehow and get it made into a Sakic in no time. I had been looking for an authentic of the North American version of this jersey for a long, long time.

2001NorthAmericaAll-StarGI.jpg

2001NorthAmericaAll-StarGIback.jpg

th_2001NorthAmericaAll-StarGIAll-Starp.jpgth_2001NorthAmericaAll-StarGINHLPAtagg.jpgth_2001NorthAmericaAll-StarGInecktaggi.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked this up at the WBS Pens game last night. They had a stand of WBS Penguins game worn jerseys as well as some Pittsburgh game worn and issued jerseys. All of the WBS jerseys were $150 (b/c the players were no longer on the team I think LOL), but you still can't go wrong for that kind of a price.

Anyway, this is an Adam Henrich 2008-2009 game worn WBS Penguins home jersey. It is a size 58 and has the fight strap as well as the Blue Cross sponsor patch and the 10th anniversary season patch.

Henrichfront.jpg

Henrichback.jpg

There is some light wear on this jersey but I will post the evidence in another post so as not to bog down this post with tons of photos.

That's a sharp looking jersey. Are those two repairs on the arm there? It looks like the inside-out stitching I've seen many times on other jerseys. Very nice indeed. Any explanations as to why the tie-up lace was removed?

I have seen that on the arms of several other jerseys too, but I never knew it meant there were repairs.

To be honest, the people minding the stand were typical in arena vendors and no one from the team with a special knowledge of the jerseys, so I'm not sure how knowledgeable they would have been. I just asked them if I could inspect the jersey and then decided to purchase it.

Turn it inside-out and take a look at that arm to see if there's any stitching. If so, it's a team repair. It not, then it could be a mighty big material pull; which isn't uncommon in those crappy 1.0's I guess.

Didnt really arrive today, but this is the finished project that i received a few days ago.

The Before:

And the After:

Nice work!

I would have thought a jersey like that would be a huge project.

Good signs for others who might be able to pick up bad custom jobs for a good price.

How long did that take?

Nicely done CC, any residue from the numbers? Pics look pretty clear but can only zoom in so far.

CC great job!

Derby: I saw you posted in this thread and said to myself there is no way that jersey made it across the pond in a day!

It took about 12 hours stopping and starting. This was my first attempt at destitching so your time may vary.didn't leave a whole lot of residue and the numbers basically fell off. Sprayed googon to be sure then washed and then ironed out the outlines, inside out. Looks goods as any old blank except for the small hole I put in the arm fabric. Be careful with that fabric as it pulls bad! It was very tedious but for the price it was well worth it. I have a Colorado home edge coming with the same cusomization ao hopefully that one turns out better.

That's a sharp looking jersey. Are those two repairs on the arm there? It looks like the inside-out stitching I've seen many times on other jerseys. Very nice indeed. Any explanations as to why the tie-up lace was removed?

I noticed that some players do it. Now the player in question with that jersey, I dont know, but I guess some players don't like to have something hanging down from the jersey, and take it off.

The parade of Coyotes Jerseys continues. All i need now, is the edge Away and Alternate to complete their Complete Uniform Set.

2380814640104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

Great pickup

:thumbsup:

The parade of Coyotes Jerseys continues. All i need now, is the edge Away and Alternate to complete their Complete Uniform Set.

2380814640104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

Yeah that is a nice addition. I have been looking for an authentic version of that jersey for a while, so I guess I will have to keep searching ebay. That's also fantastic you are very close to completing the Coyotes uniform set, that is quite an accomplishment! Keep it up!! :thumbsup:

Ha, thanks

I know a few people on this board were selling Size 52 authentics for a good price. This was the first size 48 that i have seen in a while. Ultimately wanted a 46 but I was never able to find one.

NICE JERSEY but we have to do something about that blanket. Right in the fireplace!

That bad boy has some good repairs on it huh? You could probably photomatch that if you dug deep enough.