It arrived today

lafountain

I don't think the Shanahan is a real gamer. The "A" looks off and the set stamp shouldn't be red. And it's pretty unusual that Shany's jersey stay that clean.

One other thing that worried me was the amount of wear on the set tag despite there being little wear on the exterior of the jersey. There were other 97/98 regular season jerseys with the white tag that were hammered, but the set tag still looked clean.

For the record, I'm not trying to burst anyone bubble - I'd personally love it if it was the real deal. Especially if you then sell it to Mike/Brilliant so it stays in the IJ family and you get a nice ball & chain err, engagement ring.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Shanahan is a real gamer. The "A" looks off and the set stamp shouldn't be red. And it's pretty unusual that Shany's jersey stay that clean.

I believe for the Cup finals they got a new jersey. Cause i believe they had the Vladamir patch on the chest for most of the season, but since the cup patch goes there during the final it got moved to the shoulder.

If that's the case.

Shanahan only played 2 games in it probably amounting 50minutes tops in the jersey, there are some red marks on the numbers that I can get some pics of.

brendan-shanahan_yzerman.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

The "A" looks to be in the correct spot and i dont think looks that weird.

There's still the "A" that look different, even in the pic of Shany himself. I also noticed that the Nike Swoosh logo looks slightly different and it should be stitched trough both layer of the hemline. Your set tag seem to be directly behind the Swoosh and that shouldn't be the case.

Have a look at the pics of the Nike Gamers here: http://www.dropthepucks.com/sotg/Detroit.htm

I would love to see a pic of another 1997-98 Playoffs Tag...

This may just be me being optimistic, but I have not been able to find a good quality pic of shanahan in the jersey...

The pic i found, is pixely, and could attribute to the different looking A maybe?

Flames, I think your best bet is to try and get that authenticated before you try and move it. If you get it authenticated then sell it and get yourself a nice wife :) otherwise keep it because its a beauty

Here you go: This is from a Larionov GI

2323820510100283076S500x500Q85.jpg

The other pics are here: http://sports.webshots.com/album/557201010NNwuxg?start=36

Here's another album, that shows your jersey: http://sports.webshots.com/album/563222261xHXABO?start=48

Should i try to contact the guy and get my money back then?

And that Larionov Swoosh looks very similar to the Shanahan one too....

Should i try to contact the guy and get my money back then?

And that Larionov Swoosh looks very similar to the Shanahan one too....

How much did you pay? If it isn't too much, then keep it is a nice authentic jersey.

How much did you pay? If it isn't too much, then keep it is a nice authentic jersey.

I paid $120.

And i HATE HATE HATE the Red Wings.

If i had to divide the NHL into 10 teams i like, 10 teams i am impartial too, and 10 teams i hate...

The Red Wings would be in that 10 teams i hate category.

I paid $120.

If i had to divide the NHL into 10 teams i like, 10 teams i am impartial too, and 10 teams i hate...

I mean that's not unreasonable for an authentic jersey. You can easily but that on the eBay and get more for that.

I mean that's not unreasonable for an authentic jersey. You can easily but that on the eBay and get more for that.

Already did put in on ebay

This is now by far my most valuable jersey...

Picked it up today off of Kijiji.

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

Game Worn Stanley Cup Playoffs Brendan Shanahan Jersey!!

He Held the Cup in this jersey!

I might be wrong but to be honest I think that's another Griffenfood job.

1) That NIKE neck tag is a 98-99 season version tag, for 96-97 and 97-98 seaosn, the NIKE used the traditional CCM Mid 90s Center Ice tag. That squared type Center Ice tag didn't exist until the 98-99 season for NIKE jersey. The one you have is a 98 finals, which doesn't seem right.

2) That NIKE swoosh looks too fat for me.

3) The NIKE and NHL logos at the back hem should be embroidered through "both layers" of the jersey. As far as I can tell from your pic, your set tag is right behind the swoosh, and it is obvious that Swoosh and NHL logo are both not embroidered through bother layers of the knit.

So to be honest, I might be a jerk, but to me that jersey doesn't look like a real authentic, let alone a gamer....

1) That NIKE neck tag is a 98-99 season version tag, for 96-97 and 97-98 seaosn, the NIKE used the traditional CCM Mid 90s Center Ice tag. That squared type Center Ice tag didn't exist until the 98-99 season for NIKE jersey. The one you have is a 98 finals, which doesn't seem right.

3) The NIKE and NHL logos at the back hem should be embroidered through "both layers" of the jersey. As far as I can tell from your pic, your set tag is right behind the swoosh, and it is obvious that Swoosh and NHL logo are both not embroidered through bother layers of the knit.

So to be honest, I might be a jerk, but to me that jersey doesn't look like a real authentic, let alone a gamer....

The game issued Larionov jersey victim posted has a rather fat swoosh as well...

Got a few in today.

Cant beat this one for less then 20 bucks

2613524850104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

Got a good deal on this one too.

2017436380104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

Nice pickups..Where did you find that coyotes jersey (if you dont mind me asking) i have been looking for one for a while

I paid $120.

I bet I can take a stab at 2 others that goes in that hate section

I came across a Fedorov jersey with those same patches and Brilliant determined it was a (good) knock off.

The Shanahan one is probably made by whoever did the Fedorov. Fake jersey aren't a new thing, it's just much easier for them to get to people now.

Check the links below for the Fedorov jersey...

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry21464

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry21467

I think you could resell the jersey for $120 or more on eBay anyway.

Even though it's fake, it's still a really nice fake. Not like the ones people buy on eBay everyday now.

The game issued Larionov jersey victim posted has a rather fat swoosh as well...

I highly doubt the Larionov Wings is a real authentic game issued as well.

Here is a "Real" Authentic NIKE Red Wings (just authentics, not game worn or issued):

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...%3D1&_rdc=1

As I mentioned earlier:

1) That neck tag is a 98-99 version, and that is a 98 Finals jersey.

2) NIKE and NHL logo is embroildered through both layers.

Here are a gamer from collector that posted their jerseys on websots:

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/1051220757040387878iEhjCx

Here is some gamers from Spirit of the Game.

http://www.dropthepucks.com/sotg/Detroit.htm#96-97

The NIKE Shanny is a 98-99 season gamer and has the neck tag that your Shanny 98 finals finals

The best bet is to compare your Wings jersey to some other NIKE NHL jerseys during that span. Leafs, Sharks, Red Wings, that I have all have same type of material (in material I also mean "weight" wise).

Griffenfood sold a bunch of fake NIKE Red Wings gamers with Finals patches and Boyer set tag inside about 3-4 years back.... Fedorov, Yzerman, Shanahan...

Again I might be wrong, but the NIKE and NHL logos are embroildered through both layers just makes me wonder...

An impulse bid that I ended up winning ... I mean he's a hall of famer and the top scoring left winger of all time, he just didn't do all that much when he was on Broadway ...

robitaille_rangers_white_front.jpgrobitaille_rangers_white_back.jpg