• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it finally found me. The one us Rangers fans look for above all others:

Rangerscirca19942aCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Rangerscirca19942bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

StanleyCupFinals1994Rangers3-vi.jpg

The patch matches up and the Cosby's stamp inside matches up too. It was advertised as an issued jersey when I bought it. The guy actually just messaged me back and says it came from Barry Meisel himself back in the mid-90's. Now, I don't want to jump the gun here but I have found two spots on the jersey that COULD be board burns and/or paint transfer. If this is what I think it is, I could probably just stop collecting right now. :D :D :D

"And this one will last a lifetime." :D

Seriously, talk about Holy Grails. Well done, Mike. Oh, and thanks for making my 94 Cup patch picture in my signature look like crap in comparison!

Brilliant - just be glad that seller didn't get back to me with close ups of the patch, or you would have to have paid atleast twice what you did :)

Seriously that's an epic pick up man. Seeing the patch now, I have no doubts about it's authenticity. From my research here's the proof from two verified '94 cup jerseys:

Karpotsev '94 SC gamer sold at auction

94_patch_gamer.jpg

Hirsch '94 SC game-issue

94_patch_gamer2.jpg

Congrats man!

Thanks guys. This is beyong anything I've ever had before and maybe bigger than anything I WILL ever get...unless I manage to pry that Leetch Cup gamer away from Barry Meisel but I don't think that's gonna happen! And yes, this is why I unloaded so many of my others last week. Well worth the price of a few authentics in my book!

And I just heard back from the guy who I bought it from and he said that his company obtained it directly fom Barry Meisel back in the mid-90's and that it may very well have been worn in the Finals. I have to contact Barry about it but nevertheless, this baby is the real deal! WOO-HOO!!!

JizzInMyPants.gif

Absolutely ridiculous pick-up, Mike! If that thing is a gamer...geez...I don't even know what to say. You try to contact Barry about it yet?

I just shot him off an e-mail so I just have to play the waiting game now.

Like D said, the differences in the gamer and replica eBay patches is really something. When you look closely, they're not even CLOSE.

I just shot him off an e-mail so I just have to play the waiting game now.

Like D said, the differences in the gamer and replica eBay patches is really something. When you look closely, they're not even CLOSE.

SOOOOO true. Damnit Brilliant! I might have a pretty sweet one coming in my opinion (which you have seen), but I mean this just takes the cake. I honestly can't believe I'm even seeing pictures of that beauty. All I can see is him, without a helmet, cross-checking a 'Nucks player to win the Cup :D :D :D

All there is to say is wow Mike. Awesome! I can imagine how you feel because I'd feel that same way if I ever was able to find a 1996 or 2001 Avs Stanley Cup gamer or issue. Not quite sure if you can do better than that. Congrats on a great pickup. Happy it's in the right hands too.

2299195840105040840S425x425Q85.jpg2423104200105040840S425x425Q85.jpg

Got it just in time for the trade today. Paid $30 shipped for it and I still paid more than the Devils did to get Kovalchuk. :lol:

Alittle late but nice pickup Guam.

I just got one in a 48 the other week. It really is a nice jersey.

Great pickup on the Rangers jersey. To say that's bigger than some of your other really excellent jerseys is truly saying something.

Here are some recent pick ups that I haven't put up...

1999-00 CCM All-Star Game Replica Jersey

0205002203.jpg

0205002207.jpg

2002-03 CCM Capitals Jagr Replica

0205002209.jpg

0205002212.jpg

2005-06 RBK Toronto Maple Leafs Authentic

0205002213.jpg

0205002215.jpg

Alittle late but nice pickup Guam.

I just got one in a 48 the other week. It really is a nice jersey.

I was eyeing the one that you ended up with, I would have gone for it if it wasn't for a high shipping price and I wasn't really desperate for this particular jersey. At $30 though I couldn't pass it up and it really does look much nice in person than in the pictures.

This one is likely going to be an immediate resell...

If your interested, feel free to send me a message.

prongerjersey001.jpg

prongerjersey002.jpg

JizzInMyPants.gif

BAHAHA

Upon seeing this i ___ in my pants, but with that said, i was eating some grapes at the same time.

Awesome. Two dynamite pick-ups there. That LaFontaine is gorgeous BUT he didn't wear the C that year; Mogilny did. Still great-looking nonetheless.

Oh hang on a minute, I guess LaFontaine did in fact wear the C when he came back from injury that year. Nevermind my earlier statement. You're good to go!

Not really sure where to put this post but since Brilliant posted that 1994 SCF Rangers team issue in here I figured this would do. There were only a couple known 94 gamers out there. I think I just found another one. Already sold.

Link