It arrived today

lafountain

I'm not up to date on my Caps lettering, what's the issue with the lettering on the one you got?

It has "JAGR #68" on it.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not up to date on my Caps lettering, what's the issue with the lettering on the one you got?

Hard to describe. Here's a pic of a game worn.

http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/images/Wash/02-03WashJagrbk.JPG

My most recent additions:

This jersey's not really new but I just finished customising it. Many thanks to "Bear" who got this lettering kit for me from CSL.

2855965150054115799S500x500Q85.jpg2831963780054115799S500x500Q85.jpg

Got this Jagr jersey yesterday and I'm planning to do a complete makeover. The lettering is not accurate and misses the "A" and I want to add the 9-11 Flag patch.

2500355990054115799S500x500Q85.jpg2633653770054115799S500x500Q85.jpg

Beautiful Toews Jersey.

I'm looking to add an Alternate Hawks jersey next.

Quick question: Are the Red stripes around the body raised? I noticed on a couple customized Hawks jerseys that you can see the stripes bulging underneath the numbers a bit, if that makes sense. Is that how the gamers look too?

Thanks!

Edited by cikiri

had this one arrive today, torn between making it a Crosby rookie or Lemieux final.

Fluery, Talbot and Orpik are strong options too, or I could defy convention and get Ziggy Palffy.

2458543670103761653S425x425Q85.jpg

While Ziggy on that would certainly defy convention, my first thought when I hear the name Ziggy Palffy is of him in the Gorton's version of the Isles jersey...so you may want to go with someone else like Fleury. The world has too many Crosby jerseys already.

Hard to describe. Here's a pic of a game worn.

http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/images/Wash/02-03WashJagrbk.JPG

Well the 6 seems bigger than the 8 on the jersey. From the pic of the gamer, the 'holes' in the numbers are too large on that jersey. They are smaller on the gamer.

It has "JAGR #68" on it.

I seriously had people wanting me to pay THEM to take that jersey when I wanted to get rid of it. I ended up donating it to a thrift shop/interfaith clothing center while I lived in Vermont.

had this one arrive today, torn between making it a Crosby rookie or Lemieux final.

Fluery, Talbot and Orpik are strong options too, or I could defy convention and get Ziggy Palffy.

I looked for one of those a while back, but quit on my search to acquire a couple other things. I was gonna make it a LeClair jersey myself.

While Ziggy on that would certainly defy convention, my first thought when I hear the name Ziggy Palffy is of him in the Gorton's version of the Isles jersey...so you may want to go with someone else like Fleury. The world has too many Crosby jerseys already.

I mainly try to collect and customize goalies, so Fleury would be my first choice. The Cindy is only tempting

from the resale or trade bait power down the road. Thinking long term, will there be as few of these legit jerseys

around 20yr from now as a Gretzky are now? Food for thought.

I'm definitely loving all the new Hawks jerseys I see, but that Canadian Hull jersey also rocks. Lots of great pick-ups guys.

JustAnothaVictim, nice work on your Toews - looks sweet! Glad I could help with the kit.

Haven't posted a new pickup in awhile but my camera crapped out on me and I haven't replaced it yet. I was excited about this pickup so I took a couple pictures with my old camera which doesn't take the best quality pictures as you can see lol.

Anyways, I saw an auction for a LA Kings jersey that had about 20 auto's on it that came with two LA Kings 30th anniversary pucks with holders, a auto'd program, and a poster that was at $20 with no bids. I decided if I could get it for the $20 I would take a chance on the jersey and see if I could get all the auto's off it then re-sell the rest of the stuff for $10-$20 and end up with a clean jersey for little to no money out of my pocket. Here is what I was dealing with when the jersey arrived. It's hard to see but the entire bottom half of the jersey is covered in light blue auto's.

2903317440105461084S500x500Q85.jpg2476332250105461084S500x500Q85.jpg

I hit the jersey with goof-off, goo-gone, paint thinner, acetone, alcohol, bleach, and nail polish remover all of which did nothing but make the jersey smell like crap. As a last ditch effort I figured I would spend the $10 and take it to the dry cleaners to see if they could do anything with it but I wasn't expecting much considering all the things I tried that didn't affect the auto's one bit. Boy was I surprised when I picked it up today;

2167112070105461084S500x500Q85.jpg2687295250105461084S500x500Q85.jpg

So in total with the dry cleaning this cost me about $50 minus whatever I can get for the pucks, poster, and program which I hope is around $10-$20. I am gonna do another Gretzky with this and make it into a 93 finals jersey even though my beloved Leafs should have been the ones in that final lol.

Quick question: Are the Red stripes around the body raised? I noticed on a couple customized Hawks jerseys that you can see the stripes bulging underneath the numbers a bit, if that makes sense. Is that how the gamers look too?

Yes, the red stripe around the midsection is raised which gives the twill that look. I don't really notice it much unless it's in the right light. I haven't seen any pictures of gamers that are big enough to tell if it's the same on them. I'd imagine it would be though.

I hit the jersey with goof-off, goo-gone, paint thinner, acetone, alcohol, bleach, and nail polish remover all of which did nothing but make the jersey smell like crap. As a last ditch effort I figured I would spend the $10 and take it to the dry cleaners to see if they could do anything with it but I wasn't expecting much considering all the things I tried that didn't affect the auto's one bit. Boy was I surprised when I picked it up today;

So in total with the dry cleaning this cost me about $50 minus whatever I can get for the pucks, poster, and program which I hope is around $10-$20. I am gonna do another Gretzky with this and make it into a 93 finals jersey even though my beloved Leafs should have been the ones in that final lol.

I'm a big fan of the dry cleaners. That really looks amazing.

A couple of more here. Customized by Truman at gamedaysportsarchives.com

Gretzky 1851st point jersey

Complete with surged nameplate and captain's 'C'

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

Lindros Leafs debut

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

Just got this yesterday. My favorite Cup win - I had just graduated undergrad and was taking a year off, which meant I had plenty of time to watch hockey. Plus that team was stacked, there was no way they were not going to win.

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

A couple of more here. Customized by Truman at gamedaysportsarchives.com

Gretzky 1851st point jersey

Complete with surged nameplate and captain's 'C'

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

That's a really nice Gretzky but that jersey is an 88-89 and Gretzky got his 1851 point at the beginning of the 89-90 season when the jersey's had the new CCM font on the hem but no Shield. Also Gretzky wasn't the captain in 88-89. Not sure how you are with accuracy but I thought I would point it out.

That's a really nice Gretzky but that jersey is an 88-89 and Gretzky got his 1851 point at the beginning of the 89-90 season when the jersey's had the new CCM font on the hem but no Shield. Also Gretzky wasn't the captain in 88-89. Not sure how you are with accuracy but I thought I would point it out.

I was under the impression that in 89-90, the Kings used the small CCM logo. I went to NHLUniforms and that is what it showed.

Gretzky was the captain when he broke Howe's record which is what I'm trying to capture. Does someone have a pic from that night?

EDIT: So much for finally having the 1851 jersey, it is the large CCM sans NHL logo. Time to add that to my want list. I thought my list is supposed to get shorter!

53120665.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD79614F681818451C51B7828EF944D44AE6C0715CA6460F064E9C89C783688B46

I vote Palffy or LeClair

I was under the impression that in 89-90, the Kings used the small CCM logo. I went to NHLUniforms and that is what it showed.

Gretzky was the captain when he broke Howe's record which is what I'm trying to capture. Does someone have a pic from that night?

EDIT: So much for finally having the 1851 jersey, it is the large CCM sans NHL logo. Time to add that to my want list. I thought my list is supposed to get shorter!

53120665.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD79614F681818451C51B7828EF944D44AE6C0715CA6460F064E9C89C783688B46

Might as well swap out the C for an A to make it a correct 88-89 jersey.

I vote Palffy or LeClair

Palffy, LeClair, or even with Mark Recchi you couldn't go wrong. He did play with the Penguins post-lockout.