It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guam - I'm lovin' both of the pickups!!! Is the Caps jersey a size 48? If so...I was bidding on that one too! :P Are you going to make the Vipers jersey a BONDRA?!

Guam - I'm lovin' both of the pickups!!! Is the Caps jersey a size 48? If so...I was bidding on that one too! :P Are you going to make the Vipers jersey a BONDRA?!

I did win the Caps size 48 (didn't go as high as I expected) but the one in the picture is a 52. You are correct about why I picked up the Vipers jersey. ;)

Sorry to break up the Hawks party here, but here are some recent arrivals for me.

I used to have this, sold it, and saw an opportunity to get it back, however I would be open to trading this for something on my want list.

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

And I finally got to check this off my wantlist (yay!)

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

Ah, you probably saw the post while the images were linked to webshots. I linked them to photobucket so they should show up now

Very nice pickups guys! Did Gretzky have a double tagged jersey with St. Louis?

I could very easily be wrong, but I thought the double tag thing was just with Starter when he joined the Rangers.

I know he didn't have double tagged CCM with the Oilers, but double tagged Gretzky Edmonton jerseys did start getting made at one point.

Yes he did. In fact, he had left tagging on every jersey he wore since 1983(possible exceptions in 1988-89 and 1989-90?). It started in 1983-84 when Nike decided to move their stamp from the right to the left side since Wayne would tuck the right side into his pants. When he got traded to Los Angeles, I'm pretty sure his CCM jerseys at that time weren't double tagged but once the shield showed up in 1990, they started doing it on both sides. That continued with the Blues and then with the Rangers' Starter jerseys.

I could very easily be wrong, but I thought the double tag thing was just with Starter when he joined the Rangers.

I know he didn't have double tagged CCM with the Oilers, but double tagged Gretzky Edmonton jerseys did start getting made at one point.

I can't seem to find any conclusive photographic evidence. This is as close as I could find on Getty Images.

51584382.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=FE1CE9934D1C2A8C97AA53EC8370C5DBB9A3B00317DC5E3111BCCDA3CB6F69BA

Much better. That World Cup one is killer. Does that one have a Bauer patch sewn over a screened-on Bauer logo?

Bauer logo is screened on, not a patch.

in '98 for the Nagano olympics, Bauer embroidered their logo on the chest.

I can't seem to find any conclusive photographic evidence. This is as close as I could find on Getty Images.

51584382.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=FE1CE9934D1C2A8C97AA53EC8370C5DBB9A3B00317DC5E3111BCCDA3CB6F69BA

that's pretty conclusive right there. You can see the CCM on the left side of the hem. I've seen some of his all star jerseys double tagged as well.

Gotcha. Maybe what I'm thinking of was just on WC gamers. I've seen the older Bauer logo with the lower-case r screened on the jersey and then had a Bauer patch with the swooshing B sewn over it. That's still a great jersey though. Who won that tournament by the way? :D

Yes he did. In fact, he had left tagging on every jersey he wore since 1983(possible exceptions in 1988-89 and 1989-90?). It started in 1983-84 when Nike decided to move their stamp from the right to the left side since Wayne would tuck the right side into his pants. When he got traded to Los Angeles, I'm pretty sure his CCM jerseys at that time weren't double tagged but once the shield showed up in 1990, they started doing it on both sides. That continued with the Blues and then with the Rangers' Starter jerseys.

Yes Gretzky did double tag his jerseys since then. However I remember JustAnotaVictim mentioning that Gretzky didn't have double taggeed jerseys initially in LA. I would like to know this for sure, as I have an '88 Kings home jersey that I'm getting lettered with Gretzky (for his debut with the Kings at home vs Detroit in October '88) however it is a single CCM jersey. I have a photo below showing Gretzky with a distinct "small CCM" logo on the left as well.

221897.jpg

Now I'm curious for anyone with photos from his first game vs Detroit to see if he indeed had a double tagged jersey for the debut

Gotcha. Maybe what I'm thinking of was just on WC gamers. I've seen the older Bauer logo with the lower-case r screened on the jersey and then had a Bauer patch with the swooshing B sewn over it. That's still a great jersey though. Who won that tournament by the way? :D

Hahaha, yeah yuk it up....Lucky Richter was in his prime then....

As for last night, well its just the round robin....we'll see what happens when the games really matter! :)

Hahaha, yeah yuk it up....Lucky Richter was in his prime then....

As for last night, well its just the round robin....we'll see what happens when the games really matter! :)

When you lose to Russia or even Germany :P

My most recent additions:

This jersey's not really new but I just finished customising it. Many thanks to "Bear" who got this lettering kit for me from CSL.

2855965150054115799S500x500Q85.jpg2831963780054115799S500x500Q85.jpg

Got this Jagr jersey yesterday and I'm planning to do a complete makeover. The lettering is not accurate and misses the "A" and I want to add the 9-11 Flag patch.

2500355990054115799S500x500Q85.jpg2633653770054115799S500x500Q85.jpg