It arrived today

lafountain

A few others I picked up today!

Rangers starter sz 60G

How big is that Rangers jersey actually? I've got a Starter 60G of that style (1996-97) that is actually more like a 54 and it really doesn't have the blow out huge sleeves goalie cut jerseys normally have.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those were the days when men were men and jerseys were jerseys. You have impeccable taste in sweaters, sir.

:angry: Seller claimed it was new, but, its not... and since I know nothing about how to clean these up, anyone who wants a shot at it, shoot me an offer.

Note* the name is also about 2-3inches lower than it should be on the back

Surely it's worth giving coloursafe bleach a try? That's still a nice addition to any collection if you can scrub it up (and sort out the name issue as well).

What size is it? I've only ever seen 2-4XL (replicas) floating around.

Hopefully the seller gets a karma punch right to the netherregion for 1) letting it get to that state and 2) lying.

:angry: Seller claimed it was new, but, its not... and since I know nothing about how to clean these up, anyone who wants a shot at it, shoot me an offer.

Note* the name is also about 2-3inches lower than it should be on the back

TBTC%20Yzerman.JPG

TBTC%20Yzerman1.JPG

TBTC%20Yzerman2.JPG

I've got a new summer project :D

That jersey is pre 91 so putting the finals patch on wouldn't be accurate unfortunately.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2640840570100337552TtMdRp

I couldn't get the pic or the link to cooperate. You will have to go through the album and see the old school green jersey. This style was worn, although this particular jersey is a vintage brand.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2640840570100337552TtMdRp

I couldn't get the pic or the link to cooperate. You will have to go through the album and see the old school green jersey. This style was worn, although this particular jersey is a vintage brand.

NorthStars17.png

In 1990-91 the NHL mandated that all jerseys have the NHL shield on the lower hem of the jersey. See the pic above from NHLuniforms.com. Brilliant!'s jersey does not have said shield, and it is from the 80s. The vintage jersey is off a bit.

This is Brilliant!'s jersey (I'm pretty sure)

NorthStars16.png

The Kings jersey came today, and after studying it, I can't tell what exactly it is, game used or not wise. So I was hoping someone else could check out the pictures as well, I'm figuring it's game issued because of the 84-07 tag, but I don't know about much else other than that. I've also never seen anything like that with the fight strap before.

2442540680105736502S500x500Q85.jpg

2160842000105736502S500x500Q85.jpg

2725115920105736502S500x500Q85.jpg

2464049040105736502S500x500Q85.jpg

2344940930105736502S500x500Q85.jpg

2688234870105736502S500x500Q85.jpg

The Kings jersey came today, and after studying it, I can't tell what exactly it is, game used or not wise. So I was hoping someone else could check out the pictures as well, I'm figuring it's game issued because of the 84-07 tag, but I don't know about much else other than that. I've also never seen anything like that with the fight strap before.

2442540680105736502S500x500Q85.jpg

2160842000105736502S500x500Q85.jpg

2725115920105736502S500x500Q85.jpg

2464049040105736502S500x500Q85.jpg

2344940930105736502S500x500Q85.jpg

2688234870105736502S500x500Q85.jpg

That is a sweet jersey!

Looks like a game worn . obvious stick/puck marks and board burns.. maybe a team repair too? cant tell for sure.. But again, if you want it to gain some value, and also get it authenticated to know for sure.. send it to milt byron

http://www.byronshockeyland.com/authentications.htm

If its a gamer. Id say its worth atleast 10 times more than you paid for it..

Wow, that's a beautiful Kings jersey. The born-on tag matches the year that Miller played for the Kings in 84-85, the fight strap looks altered to his pants(maybe) since it was sewn through the 4 and the arm marks look good too. I'd say you're sitting on a winner BUT you should get it authenticated just for the added value.

Nice pickups. I like that caps one.

Oooh, NICE 2000 jerseys. Those Rangers Pro Players are awesome. There's not many options since that team was in the toilet but it's still sweet. Why is the patch on the fight strap? It's not sewn on there is it?

Speaking of new arrivals, I got this at the office today:

tonOilerscirca1989CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

onOilerscirca1989bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Worn during the first part of the 1989-90 season by Mark Lamb. This is the now-infamous set of Oilers jerseys that were MEANT for the 1988-89 season and thus had the 10th anniversary patch on the shoulder. When they couldn't get out of their Nike contract that year however, the jerseys were stored and then recycled into the 89-90 season, had the patches removed and then the glue covered with a piece of fabric. It's hemmed like crazy too! The waist AND arms. Awesome!

I dont think so, it seems to just be jammed there so it doesnt get lost. It didnt came with one of those little baggies that minor_league_hockey seller has on his so thats my guess at least

This showed up just in time today!

onalTeamcirca1984Pedersonsmesh-vi.jpg

nalTeamcirca1984bPedersonsmesh-vi.jpg

It's a BEAUTIFUL replica of the 1984 USA Olympic jerseys from Sarajevo. It really reminds me of the Vintage Minnesota Hockey jerseys that I've seen with the really wide mesh body. It's matches up almost perfectly to the ones I've seen that were worn on the ice that year...even the collar tag too. Somebody really put some love into this thing.

This showed up just in time today!

onalTeamcirca1984Pedersonsmesh-vi.jpg

nalTeamcirca1984bPedersonsmesh-vi.jpg

It's a BEAUTIFUL replica of the 1984 USA Olympic jerseys from Sarajevo. It really reminds me of the Vintage Minnesota Hockey jerseys that I've seen with the really wide mesh body. It's matches up almost perfectly to the ones I've seen that were worn on the ice that year...even the collar tag too. Somebody really put some love into this thing.

Millen! One of my favorites from the team. Nice.

Ok, there's a bit of a story to these three which arrived yesterday. Also, apologies for the crappy phone quality photos.

On the search for a good Red Wings Jersey to get customized as an Yzerman or Fedorov (my two favourites from the 90s/early00s) I came across 3 ebay auctions all ending on the same day which had very low starting bids. A blank ProPlayer replica, a CCM replica Yzerman and a CCM authentic Fedorov. The authentic was the one I really wanted, the Yzerman 2nd choice and blank ProPlayer third... but they ended in the reverse order (PP, Yzerman, Fed).

So i bid on the Proplayer and was the only bidder and won. This made me happy because I figured I'd probably miss one or both of the others. It's a large which is a bit big on me but it is such an awesome quality jersey. Crest is beautifully sewn, collar is tough, material is great and has double stitched elbows.

PP01.jpg

PP02.jpg

Edited by Fitzwah

Then came the Yzerman. It has the " I Believe" patch heat pressed on which i know is inaccurate for the style/time but the customization is really good and for the price (and getting it shipped to Australia) it was a good option to just have an Yzerman jersey in my collection. not sure what the 'player' tag is but i'm guessing it meant that popular players came pre customized to stores or something of the ilk. Bidding was at about $47 after slowly climbing in the last minutes and i figured that someone had put a max bid of $50, so i threw in a bid of $51 in the last few seconds and got it.

SY01.jpg

SY02.jpg

SY03.jpg

Finally, the Fedorov. Surely I wasn't going to win all 3. Same deal as the Yzerman auction, but actually a bit cheaper which was nice. The name customization is a little too curved but it's close enough for now and i may look to rectify it down the track. Jersey is in very good condition, had one mark which came out with a wash. Felt a bit guilty for buying three of the same style jerseys in one hit, but I like them all!

SF01.jpg

SF02.jpg

The end!