It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one that was formerly on my impossibles list...a WBS Penguins St. Patrick's Day jersey. I was not necessarily looking for this specific style, but wihtout a St. Pat's jersey, my collection felt like it had a hole of some sort haha. This is an authentic jersey made by SP.

I am getting another arrival on Tuesday. Not telling you all what it is though. You'll just have to check back. :D

StPatsjersey.jpg

nice pickup WBS!

HawksFan! Slap a Tenth anniversary patch on that Avs!

already got one ready and waiting :stickhndl:

hey BJS, were you at the Avs game last sunday? I swear I saw you walking around between periods but I was too far away to tell for sure.

hey BJS, were you at the Avs game last sunday? I swear I saw you walking around between periods but I was too far away to tell for sure.

Wasn't me man. Last game for me was the Devils a few Saturdays ago. I'll be there tomorrow night though. I usually wear the Drury to the Rangers games, but I'm going with the Leschyshyn since they are honoring him before the game. Let me know when you're going again and we'll talk between periods!

That's a pretty sick jersey WBS! Always love the promotions the minor leagues do!

Uh, not always.

kwingsmcd2.jpg

This is now by far my most valuable jersey...

Picked it up today off of Kijiji.

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

Game Worn Stanley Cup Playoffs Brendan Shanahan Jersey!!

He Held the Cup in this jersey!

That looks amazing

That looks awesome!! It also means I saw him holding the Cup at what was then MCI Center in that jersey at a very close distance, which is a memory that makes me feel a little sick to my stomach. Not sure if you paid more for the jersey than my father did for the lower level center ice tix to that game, but since to this day, he still won't tell me what he paid, we'll never know.

I think it would be difficult to get a photomatch since it was only worn for 2 games.

There are some faint red marks on the numbers...but thats it for wear.

As i recall, the red wings werent exactly getting hit that hard that series as well.

This is now by far my most valuable jersey...

Picked it up today off of Kijiji.

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

Game Worn Stanley Cup Playoffs Brendan Shanahan Jersey!!

He Held the Cup in this jersey!

you musta paid an arm and a leg for that! ...any kind of photo matching or authenticity? you should send it to milt byron to get it authenticated if you dont have any documentation..

How much would you think that would cost?

And how much would you estimate its worth if i went down that road?

no clue. if its real.. prolly a few grand ..most importantly get it authenticated....go on gameworn.net and ask questions..

http://byronshockeyland.com/

Thanks, Just registered....

I hope I can get it authenticated, the girlfriend has been hassling me about an engagement, and the ring is the costly part.

She bashes my jerseys on the regular, would love to inform her that "This ring has been brought to you by________"

As everyone else said, if it's legit, that's one heck of a find.

The only place I could find pics of gamers from that season is here.

They only have regular season jerseys shown, but all of those appear to have a white set tag which kind of concerns me. Then again, switching to a red tag for the playoffs could make sense.

I was looking at others last night.

I came across those ones as well. but i also found some that had the red tag (From the season before)

I havent been able to find another 97/98 Road jersey from the Stanley Cup Finals

The better news is i havent found a Shanahan either =)

Good Lord dude...that is just fantastic! It matches up too. Shanny wore a 56 in Nike and both patches are genuine; not the repro crap you usually see from eBay. The only question mark, like Matt said, is the set stamp inside. They were usually white back then but I have seen the Wings use the red ones on the red jerseys in later years so there's no reason to think this isn't a good jersey. I'd still send it to Milt though just to have it in writing.

Just for the record too...the other Shanahan Finals jersey I've seen...sold for over $5,000. You sir, might be sitting on a gold mine. I'll give you $2,000 for it! :D

Good Lord dude...that is just fantastic! It matches up too. Shanny wore a 56 in Nike and both patches are genuine; not the repro crap you usually see from eBay. The only question mark, like Matt said, is the set stamp inside. They were usually white back then but I have seen the Wings use the red ones on the red jerseys in later years so there's no reason to think this isn't a good jersey. I'd still send it to Milt though just to have it in writing.

Just for the record too...the other Shanahan Finals jersey I've seen...sold for over $5,000. You sir, might be sitting on a gold mine. I'll give you $2,000 for it! :D

Would you actually give me $2000 for it?

I need to buy an engagement ring

why dont you get it authenticated..sell it for around 5k, get an engagement ring and have money to put down on the future wedding or honeymon!

I'm relatively young and impatient?

Tell you what...let me see where I stand after tonight as I have something else of this caliber on my radar. If all goes well, I think we can work something out.

Sounds Good

Finally got around to finishing this jersey. It's hard to tell from the photo's but I was able to find a correct all star patch with the little trademark logo's on the bottom :thumbsup:.

2189826180105461084S500x500Q85.jpg2139752940105461084S500x500Q85.jpg