It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mind the dirty clothes.

Ahh, don't worry Brilliant, compared to lafountain, you look like Martha Stewart (haha!). This post by lafountain was the very first one for this thread, which has become one of the most popular threads on the forum... and to think it all started with his messy bed! :P :

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?s=&...post&p=2684

Ahh, don't worry Brilliant, compared to lafountain, you look like Martha Stewart (haha!). This post by lafountain was the very first one for this thread, which has become one of the most popular threads on the forum... and to think it all started with his messy bed! :P :

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?s=&...post&p=2684

Yeah, his mess has nothing on mine. Glad I was able to help create something so great by not making my bed that day, or just about any other day for that matter.

It arrived a few days ago and forgot to post it. This one is a team issued mesh jersey, made in Berlin, Wisc. Unfortunately this jersey is too big for me and I´m looking for a size 54-R. This jersey is 58-R

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2528254600054115799ovXTbJ

Still looking for a trade

That King Vitamin jersey is slowly becoming one of the holy grails of hockey jersey collecting, at least around here.

Maybe I'm just not quick enough but I don't get the 'King Vitamin' thing. Help?

And no it's not a game-worn.

kingvitamin.gif

When the jersey was released in the 90s, many compared the logo to that of the breakfast cereal character . The Quaker Oats cereal, King Vitamin (usually mis-spelled, King Vitaman), was big in the 70s and there were even animated commercials for it. They used some creepy dude on their cereal box for a while, too.

Oh boy, that was a little before my time. No wonder I'd never heard of him. I do see the resemblance though.

I had always said that I'd never own a Rangers 3rd jersey UNLESS I could find a Starter one from the late 90's. Well, I found one:

NewYorkRangers3rdcirca1997-vi.jpg

I'm thinking of putting Graves on the back to honor Adam scoring the series-clinching goal against the Devils in the 1997 Conference Semis.

Graves-vi.jpg

Ah, memories....

Oh boy, that was a little before my time. No wonder I'd never heard of him. I do see the resemblance though.

I had always said that I'd never own a Rangers 3rd jersey UNLESS I could find a Starter one from the late 90's. Well, I found one:

I'm thinking of putting Graves on the back to honor Adam scoring the series-clinching goal against the Devils in the 1997 Conference Semis.

Graves-vi.jpg

Ah, memories....

That's a very nice pickup! Graves would be a good choice for that one.

Depending on the Starter logo in the hem I would go for Messier

It's the same one as in that shot with the S-star and the NHL logo.

That Graves wrap-around was one of the best moments of my life. I was 16 and unfortunately was driving home with my folks from a Mothers Day at my aunts so I had to listen to it on the radio. When Graves scored, I almost jumped through the roof. That goal is right up there with Matteau for me.

Ahh now I got you. It's the one with 'Starter' underneath the S.

starter-vi.jpg

It's accurate because you can see the 'Starter' at the bottom on Courtnall's jersey.

Ahh now I got you. It's the one with 'Starter' underneath the S.

starter-vi.jpg

It's accurate because you can see the 'Starter' at the bottom on Courtnall's jersey.

That jersey is from Messier's last season with the Rangers before he went to Vancouver. I had a hard time finding mine for a Messier.

Exactly. That picture is from 1997 and that was the only time the Rangers wore the dark 3rds with that particular Starter logo on the hem. Everything after that was just the S-star and then Pro Player in 1999-00.

Exactly. That picture is from 1997 and that was the only time the Rangers wore the dark 3rds with that particular Starter logo on the hem. Everything after that was just the S-star and then Pro Player in 1999-00.

yeah, but Pro Player didn't use that nice and shiny Mesh material.

yeah, but Pro Player didn't use that nice and shiny Mesh material.

Amen to that! Those mesh ones were sharp looking.

I picked up another oddity:

DallasStarscirca2004-vi.jpg

So ugly, it's good looking!

Nice stars jersey. Any plans to get it lettered?

After being away for a week, I returned home to a four jerseys waiting for me. I recieved a Flyers Orange Alt (to add Coburn to in the future), Mighty Ducks 3rd, Dallas Stars 3rd (may become Morrow in the future, I have a Modano one so I'm debating that) and a Deadmarsh Avs Pro Player Replica (White). Well that and a new guitar. Not a bad way to return after being gone five days! One I get all my stuff moved in from school, I'll start the photo cataloguing process.

The guitar is a Fender Telecaster Knockoff, which you can see here....Left Handed Telecaster. The reason I picked this guitar up is for another (new) hobby of mine, which is paiting guitars. I've always been artistic and wanted to paint/design things, so I figured this is my shot. The front is a blown up look at the Seattle Seahawks logo. The back has the Space Needle and 5 of my favorite bands represented by logos who come from the area. (Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Candlebox and Alice in Chains (the AIC will be replaced by their word mark). I was born in Seattle and live there 9 months out of the year now for school, so I figured it would be a cool project to start off with. Since mine is left handed, it will end up looking like the one on the bottom (hopefully!)

SeahawksTeleFront1.jpg

4C3AB090.jpg

Nice stars jersey. Any plans to get it lettered?

Maybe. Right now it's in the pile of 'jerseys-I'd-like-to-customize-but-don't-know-with-who-yet' but I'd definitely like to. Zubov maybe? After all, he is my second favorite D-man ever. And it definitely will be a collectors' item...especially since it's not in production anymore. Also, it's just plain butt ugly. How did it ever make it off the drawing board? Seriously. It looks like a birth canal!

Oh and that's a sweet Seahawks guitar. Do it, Jimi!

Do they still use that dazzle mesh on the sharks jerseys these days? I thought they had toned it down a bit, but again, I wasn't looking for the change, that picture just looks very shiney.