It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always dug the Blues jerseys...even when they went to the stubby notes in the mid 80's and 90's. I've been looking for an old school one for years but with no luck. I like the newer design but the old blue and yellow ones were the best.

I've always dug the Blues jerseys...even when they went to the stubby notes in the mid 80's and 90's. I've been looking for an old school one for years but with no luck. I like the newer design but the old blue and yellow ones were the best.

Oh yeah, the ones they've had for the last several years IMO are the best designs. The blue looks really sharp.

Oh yeah, the ones they've had for the last several years IMO are the best designs. The blue looks really sharp.

Not trying to take money away from icejerseys, but is this the jersey you are talking about http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?prod...dy_bestsell_txt

Nice Pickups Brilliant!

Woo-hoo!!! I finally found the jersey that had been haunting me since passing it up last year:

LosAngelesKingscirca1995-vi.jpg

Quite possibly the best-looking ugly jersey ever!

Got this one too:

NewYorkRangerscirca1998-vi.jpg

Woo-hoo!!! I finally found the jersey that had been haunting me since passing it up last year:

LosAngelesKingscirca1995-vi.jpg

Quite possibly the best-looking ugly jersey ever!

Got this one too:

NewYorkRangerscirca1998-vi.jpg

very nice ones, especially the Kings jersey

I finally took some pics of 2 of my beauties in the collection

NYR_Gretzky_3rd_front.JPG

NYR_Gretzky_3rd_back.JPG

NYR_Gretzky_3rd_white_front.JPG

NYR_Gretzky_3rd_white_back.JPG

I'll agree, thats such a beautiful ugly weater, wish there had been a black version. Are both of those gonna end up with the Great One's name on the back?

Was Gretzky the only one who ever wore the double hem-tagged jerseys? I don't think I've ever seen them on anyone else.

I've never been a fan of the Rangers 3rd; white or navy, but I think if I found a Starter one, I'd buy it just for that alone. From what I can remember, the Rangers only wore that white 3rd for 1998-99. I never saw it again after that.

Was Gretzky the only one who ever wore the double hem-tagged jerseys? I don't think I've ever seen them on anyone else.

I've never been a fan of the Rangers 3rd; white or navy, but I think if I found a Starter one, I'd buy it just for that alone. From what I can remember, the Rangers only wore that white 3rd for 1998-99. I never saw it again after that.

Yes, Gretzky was the only one who had the double hem-tagged jerseys. He used to tuck the right side into his pants but I don't know if this was really the reason.

The Rangers 3rd authentics from Koho/Reebok look like very cheap jerseys compared to a Starter. I´d love to see the Rangers wearing the white alternate jersey again or maybe even both liberty jersey for home and road jersey and the blue 1977 jersey as their 3rd.

Eh...I don't know about that. The classic blue Rangers jersey is my favorite current one out there. I'd rather go back to them using the '77 jerseys as their third jerseys.

Yes, Gretzky was the only one who had the double hem-tagged jerseys. He used to tuck the right side into his pants but I don't know if this was really the reason.

The Rangers 3rd authentics from Koho/Reebok look like very cheap jerseys compared to a Starter. I´d love to see the Rangers wearing the white alternate jersey again or maybe even both liberty jersey for home and road jersey and the blue 1977 jersey as their 3rd.

You got it right. Gretzky used to tuck the right side of his jersey into his pants, and his game worn jerseys even had velcro added to keep it tucked. The effect was the disappearance of the Starter or CCM logo from view, so being the most photographed player in all of hockey, they were missing out on all the free publicity so they started to put their logos on the left side to get back into view. I've never, ever seen or heard of a double tagged non-Gretzky jersey.

I heard the Rangers wanted to have both the blue and white Liberty Alternates, but the league said they could only have one alt and to choose, and they went with the blue version, ending the use of the white after only one year, which happened to be Gretzky's last year in the NHL.

NICE pickup on the Burger King alternate. That's a very popular jersey because it falls into three categories - "That's just so ugly I must own it", "It's so rare I must own it" and "Gretzky wore it, so I must own it".

It's "The Perfect Storm" of collectibility.

Tell me you're not going to have it lettered as a Rob Blake now. <_<

JeffB

Nice Pickup on the kings jersey Brilliant!

Hmm, Brilliant!'s pickup of the Kings jersey reminds me of someone who was at a store that was selling the Tampa 3rd and that particular Burger King jersey. He picked up the Tampa jersey, but made a mistake in not buying the Kings one. Was that you Brilliant!? I might be thinking of something else.

Todays arrival:

Shawn McEachern #15 1999/2000 Away + "A" + NHL2000 hammered Wear, 17 repairs, Stick und Puck Marks on the sleeves and several unrepaired holes

OTT_McEachern_99-00_Away_front.JPG

OTT_McEachern_99-00_Away_back.JPG

WBS Penguins 2002 home jersey

WBS%20Penguins_home_2002.JPG

That's a nice McEachern jersey. I always dug that NHL 2000 patch...even if it was a lousy year.

Hmm, Brilliant!'s pickup of the Kings jersey reminds me of someone who was at a store that was selling the Tampa 3rd and that particular Burger King jersey. He picked up the Tampa jersey, but made a mistake in not buying the Kings one. Was that you Brilliant!? I might be thinking of something else.

HA! That WAS me! I saw it about 6 months ago and for some reason I didn't buy it. I regretted it as soon as I got home that night and even went back the day after but it was looong gone by then. I'm glad I found this one or I'd be living in shame for the rest of my life.

That's a nice McEachern jersey. I always dug that NHL 2000 patch...even if it was a lousy year.

HA! That WAS me! I saw it about 6 months ago and for some reason I didn't buy it. I regretted it as soon as I got home that night and even went back the day after but it was looong gone by then. I'm glad I found this one or I'd be living in shame for the rest of my life.

That's right! I remember reading that post back before I was a member and you said you had somehow forgotten how rare it was!

Well, no worries about that anymore, eh? :stickhndl:

It's a huge weight off my shoulders! ;)

Speaking of, I got this today:

MontrealCanadienscirca2004-vi.jpg

MontrealCanadienscirca2004b-vi.jpg

Don't mind the dirty clothes.

It's a huge weight off my shoulders! ;)

Speaking of, I got this today:

http://images23.fotki.com/v869/photos/2/25...irca2004-vi.jpg

http://images24.fotki.com/v873/photos/2/25...rca2004b-vi.jpg

Don't mind the dirty clothes.

Great looking jersey. IMO the best design of the Habs

Great looking jersey. IMO the best design of the Habs

Agreed

I agree, that's the best Habs jersey. It's the only one of their set that I own, but I like the red one, too.

Why did they put the sleeve numbers right against the stripe, I wonder. :mellow: