It arrived today

lafountain

Just received my Kovalchuk Authentic. Quality as always is amazing. My first authentic and I am glad I chose to go ahead and get one.

Pictures to follow later.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received my Kovalchuk Authentic. Quality as always is amazing. My first authentic and I am glad I chose to go ahead and get one.

Pictures to follow later.

Which style? I have a replica light blue jersey and of all the ones I own, including authentics, it is by far the most comfortable becuase of the double layered mesh. I have a preds replica 3rd which is the same construction, but that one feels heavy and doesnt sit as weel. I'd assume an authentic Thrashers Light Blue must be amazing.

That looks really nice! What team and player is it?

Matt Herneisen of the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds. It's from the 2002-03 season. He played for the Trenton Titans that year too! I think he's with Dayton in the ECHL now.

Which style? I have a replica light blue jersey and of all the ones I own, including authentics, it is by far the most comfortable becuase of the double layered mesh. I have a preds replica 3rd which is the same construction, but that one feels heavy and doesnt sit as weel. I'd assume an authentic Thrashers Light Blue must be amazing.

The dark one pictured in my signature. I don't like the blue one, so I have no interest in having one of those in my collection. However, since Kovalchuk is pretty much my favorite player someday I may change my mind regarding adding a blue one to the collection.

The dark one pictured in my signature. I don't like the blue one, so I have no interest in having one of those in my collection. However, since Kovalchuk is pretty much my favorite player someday I may change my mind regarding adding a blue one to the collection.

Nice choice. I've always liked the "T" logo of the overhead view of the Thrasher. Plus, it's nice to stand out in a crowd of baby blue.

Good call. I think its hard to make a bad choice with the 3 solid sweaters the Thrashers have had. I'm gonna send out my baby blue one to get Hossa on the back over the summer, I'm debating getting a player on the back of the dark blue Pro Player I have. I could go with another Hossa (hes one of my all time favorites) or Ray Ferraro from their first few seasons, maybe throwng on an NHL 2000 and First Season patch. We'll see what happens.

Well now that I have been home a few days and been able to finally see most of the pictures in this thread (most photo sites were blocked on base in Iraq), I gotta say those are all some very nice pieces that people have picked up. Shandy if you happen to see this, I am curious though, how many different Kariya jerseys do you own? Though I can't say much, eventually I will have a pretty large Kovalchuk collection, though currently it is only at 2.

Well now that I have been home a few days and been able to finally see most of the pictures in this thread (most photo sites were blocked on base in Iraq), I gotta say those are all some very nice pieces that people have picked up. Shandy if you happen to see this, I am curious though, how many different Kariya jerseys do you own? Though I can't say much, eventually I will have a pretty large Kovalchuk collection, though currently it is only at 2.

I'm currently at 7, here's what I've got

Replica White Ducks (w/2003 patch)

Replica Team Canada (Red 3rd Jersey)

Replica NHL All Star (2001)

Authentic Preds (Home)

Game Issued 2002 White Team Canada

Authentic NHL All Star (2002)

Replica Colorado 3rd jersey....but I bought this quite some time ago (Mootown) and have yet to recieve it and I don't think I will....so I guess technically I'm at 6

I'm hoping to add a few more...I've got a couple blank ducks jerseys (home and away third) that I wouldn't mind getting done up.

Nice choice. I've always liked the "T" logo of the overhead view of the Thrasher. Plus, it's nice to stand out in a crowd of baby blue.

I always liked the colors on the "T" logo jersey. I hated to see them ditch that one. I am still not sure what to think of the baby blue.

I always liked the colors on the "T" logo jersey. I hated to see them ditch that one. I am still not sure what to think of the baby blue.

I thought the dark blue one with the T was the best one, but then they dropped it. I like the light blue one, though. The one-sleeved design is kinda goofy, but the the colors are good, as the double-mesh that is used on it.

I thought the dark blue one with the T was the best one, but then they dropped it. I like the light blue one, though. The one-sleeved design is kinda goofy, but the the colors are good, as the double-mesh that is used on it.

That double-mesh is neat looking. Looking at the jersey closer it looks navy blue underneath.

Hey, this isn't the greatest picture, but I think it shows the whats going on decently. The lightblue jersey is a navy base with the baby blue on top, which is really sharp up close in person.

fulljexelby.jpg

It will be hard to find a better photo of that effect. It's very evident in person. I'm surprised more teams didn't try that, Atlanta and Nashville are the only ones who did. When I saw Nashville's alternates for the first time, I thought those were disgusting until I saw one up close and saw their navy blue undercarriages.

Yeah, I agree, I would think something like red with black underneath or something could look very sharp and could see teams trying that. Its too bad, those were two of my favorite jerseys. When the Preds 3rd came out, I thought it was so ugly it was cool, when I got my hands on it, I was amazed at how sharp it really is. Here was a thread on another site that mentioned the players hated the Nasville 3rd cuz it was so heavy compared to the other sweaters, that might have something to do with why it didnt catch on.

I got this bad boy in the mail today:

ColumbusBlueJacketscirca2006-vi.jpg

ColumbusBlueJacketscirca2006b-vi.jpg

I'm quickly becoming a fan of the Columbus 3rd jersey. It's gonna be their new primary logo next year right?

That Blue Jackets 3rd is another favorite of mine and seeing yours makes me wanna get mine done up with Nash #61 even more. I wish I hadn't seen that! I have too any jerseys I wanna do and too little cash :(. That jersey is great becuase it has a modern logo on a classic looking jersey. I really like the way they did this one, great pick up. As for next year I beleive the black will be dropped, but the logo will stay, which is an upgrade in my opinion.

Nice looking jersey :thumbsup:

I on the other hand, have to send my sharks jersey back to I.J, the numbers are not what the team uses.

Really strange, you can see it if you check out the "Thornton" jersey under the sharks jerseys for sale.

I belived it would be the real numbers when i ordered the authentic jersey....... :(

I wonder why these are a wrong style and color?

Both of those look great. I have one of the Columbus jersey's myself it's on of the better thirds.

As I was about to walk to class and saw two soft looking packages sitting by the mail boxes. Awesome, both for me! I recieved my white Dallas Stars jersey today, which will be Morrow #10 w/ the All Star Game and Captain C by the end of the summer. I also got my Bruins Starter Pooh Bear Alt which was shipped from Australia. It was listed as a 48-R in the auction and based on my knowledge of starter and authentic jerseys, thought this guy didn't know it was an authentic and that it would show up with the fight strap. When it got here, the tagging was consistant w/ a Starter Authentic but had no fight strap. I figured one of two things, replica tagged incorrectly or since it was from Australia and I've heard of Starter screwing up big time when they sold stuff over there (like Coyotes 3rd jerseys with the wrong colors for the name and number) so I figured something like that might be the case. After thinking about it during my class, I came home to find the NHL shield on the back and know it must be authentic, so I checked the thread about Starter Authentics and wah law, looks like I got one of the bad boys w/o a fight strap, interesting. Kinda odd, but whatever, can't beat it for the price. This jersey will be Neely #8 in the future. Sorry no pics, I dont have a digital camera up here at school. I'm gonna catalogue all my jerseys this summer and post pics when I get that done.

My Lightning 3rd from about 8 years ago showed up this week too, that is a sharp looking jersey. Now I'm waiting on a Devils Red and my red 05-06 Buffalo Sabres Paul Gaustad jersey which was supposed to be here by now, but when I called the place doing it (it was so hard to track down anyone with that jersey) they said it whould ship out next Thursday, so the anticipation continues.

Well, also, I think the lettering is different on the white and blue jerseys. It looks alright from where I sit. I'm sure it had to be squeezed together too considering he's got 12 letters in his last name!