It arrived today

lafountain

I actually bought both the 1998 Cup and VK/SM patch AND then I found an old 75th NHL anniversary patch too so once they show up we can begin. Question though...how should I go about sewing them on? Will I be alright stitching them on with a regular straight-lined pattern?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a nice one. '02 right? Wasn't that the year they wore the numbers down almost on the hemline?

Looks great nice find.

Yeah but the problem there is that the Wings only used the Nike jerseys from 1997 to 1999. Before and after were CCM's.

I dont' sweat the brand of the jersey as long as the pattern is the same. That would only stand in the way of me buying more jerseys or paying more for the right brand just becuase it was harder to find. It's not like it had a big Nike swoosh running behind the team logo on the front of it so personally I don't let that bother me.

JeffB

Ahh see I'm OCD when it comes to stuff like that. I won't add a patch on something unless I'm sure the jersey type is right and the year is right...I'm crazy though.

I picked up this beauty this week:

MinnesotaWildcirca2004-vi.jpg

Now I just have to get it tagged. Rolston maybe? Or Gaborik...not sure yet.

Ahh see I'm OCD when it comes to stuff like that. I won't add a patch on something unless I'm sure the jersey type is right and the year is right...I'm crazy though.

That's a toughie, me personally I would go with Rolston as he's been great up there. Gaborik however, could be there for much longer.

I feel inspired to get NEELY 21 on my circa 1986 gold Canucks jersey for some reason.

Oh yes you have to do that. It'd be an instant classic.

TampaBayLightningcirca1994-vi.jpg

Picked this up cheap on eBay. I'm trying to date it actually because the tag on the inside says 'air-knit by Maska'. Any ideas?

TampaBayLightningcirca1994-vi.jpg

Picked this up cheap on eBay. I'm trying to date it actually because the tag on the inside says 'air-knit by Maska'. Any ideas?

Does it have the Lightning logo next to the CCM on the back? I don't remember if they still have the stripes in the armpits anymore on their white jerseys or not.

Does it have the Lightning logo next to the CCM on the back? I don't remember if they still have the stripes in the armpits anymore on their white jerseys or not.

this one shouldn't have the Lightning logo next to the CCM in the hem. there should be an NHL shield instead because this is an authentic, used from 1992- to 1999 if it has the orange NHL and 1999-2000 if the NHL shield is silver.

What size is the jersey? looks pretty small

Funny you should make that comment and then post that jersey.

I had bought a Minnesota Wild 5th Season patch with every intention of putting it on my red alternate jersey since I already owned one and had patched my white jerseys with the 2004 All-Star patch and a Hockey Fights Cancer patch and my green one with a Young Stars Game Patch.

I though the 5th Season patch would stand out nicely against the red background and then I wouldn't have to buy another jersey either.

Guess what? The Wild got a bug up their butts and decided that the red jersey was "old school" and since they didn't do patches in the old days, which isn't exactly true either, to "maintain the integrity of the look", they aren't going to patch the red alternate jerseys!

So, there I am with a perfectly good jersey and a perfectly good patch that I can't combine. :angry:

As for who to get on your jersey, keep in mind that Rolston can have either the "A" or the "C" and Gaborik, while not usually wearing it, has worn the "A" on the red alt.

I also won't use a "modern" CCM or Koho with the tagging just under the neck when I'm doing an old school project from the early 90's. I do have some standards you see!

JeffB

this one shouldn't have the Lightning logo next to the CCM in the hem. there should be an NHL shield instead because this is an authentic, used from 1992- to 1999 if it has the orange NHL and 1999-2000 if the NHL shield is silver.

What size is the jersey? looks pretty small

Ah, I didn't even pick up on it being an authentic.

Sorry about that...I should've mentioned it was an authentic. I figured the strap in the picture was enough evidence. What I'm curious of is when this jersey was produced because I didn't know that any jerseys for Tampa Bay were made by Maska. And it's a size 44. It's a little on the small side but it fits.

Sorry about that...I should've mentioned it was an authentic. I figured the strap in the picture was enough evidence. What I'm curious of is when this jersey was produced because I didn't know that any jerseys for Tampa Bay were made by Maska. And it's a size 44. It's a little on the small side but it fits.

I'm not paying enough attention, looking at the picture more closely I saw the fight strap outline.

Funny you should make that comment and then post that jersey.

I had bought a Minnesota Wild 5th Season patch with every intention of putting it on my red alternate jersey since I already owned one and had patched my white jerseys with the 2004 All-Star patch and a Hockey Fights Cancer patch and my green one with a Young Stars Game Patch.

I though the 5th Season patch would stand out nicely against the red background and then I wouldn't have to buy another jersey either.

Guess what? The Wild got a bug up their butts and decided that the red jersey was "old school" and since they didn't do patches in the old days, which isn't exactly true either, to "maintain the integrity of the look", they aren't going to patch the red alternate jerseys!

So, there I am with a perfectly good jersey and a perfectly good patch that I can't combine. :angry:

JeffB

I ran into the same predicament with my Wild jerseys. I acquired a 5th anniversary patch and thought it would look good on the alternate, but thanks to the valuable resource, nhluniforms.com, I discovered that they didn't put them on the alts. The patch went on my away jersey, instead. Most of my jerseys are replicas and I don't always hold true to the maker for a given year (I put a 2002 Stanley Cup patch on my Starter Hurricanes jersey, for example, yes, slap me), I shouldn't care that much, but sometimes I do.

VancouverCanuckscirca1990-vi.jpg

I've been looking for one of these for YEARS. I'm quite happy today.

Nice, I dig the patch on the shoulder. It's those little things that can set the jersey above the others.

Personally, I'd go with Gaborik because he's been apart of the Wild all his NHL career. But that's just me.

A few new additions:

@1 100_2673.jpg

Picked up at Game 3 of the Rangers/Sabres series at MSG.

@2 100_2671.jpg

Another Ovie jersey for the collection.

@3 100_2674.jpg

Stafford jersey (miraculously!!) arrived!

However, I think the 21 is kind of off, in a weird way that throws me a bit. It looks like the nameplate tilts down a little in one way, and the 21 (or at least the 2) tilts the opposite way? It's a really small tilt, if at all, but it's been messing with me a bit.

100_26771.jpg

Don't know.

I see exactly what you mean. It's almost unnoticable but it definitely isn't aligned right. It's either that or that stitch line isn't straight. Tough to tell.

Stafford jersey (miraculously!!) arrived!

However, I think the 21 is kind of off, in a weird way that throws me a bit. It looks like the nameplate tilts down a little in one way, and the 21 (or at least the 2) tilts the opposite way? It's a really small tilt, if at all, but it's been messing with me a bit.

Often it is actually a case of the jersey seams not being symmetrical - which makes it very difficult to align the name/numers on the jersey. I believe this one is from us Mach... and if you aren't 100% happy with it, we will fix it as is always our policy. If you want to send it back to us (gulp!) after all the stress you went through when you thought it was lost in the mail, we will take care of it.

Often it is actually a case of the jersey seams not being symmetrical - which makes it very difficult to align the name/numers on the jersey. I believe this one is from us Mach... and if you aren't 100% happy with it, we will fix it as is always our policy. If you want to send it back to us (gulp!) after all the stress you went through when you thought it was lost in the mail, we will take care of it.

I might if it keeps bothering me, but I'm trying to ignore it. It's so slight that I should be able to but it's just the way they seem to angle apart that's agitating me. It's as if it's off by a barely measurable amount, but creates an optical illusion that makes it seem worse? I'll see how I feel about it in a couple of days :thumbsup: