It arrived today

lafountain

QUOTE:It's a long four-month wait for me to show it off at the games, it's too warm out to wear it everyday, which is one bad thing about living in Phoenix.

Yeah, good to hear you will wear the jersey alot, i also love to wear mine, but i am allways a bit nervous when i do, i fear some fool with a HUGE ice-cream cone will bump into me, :P he/she might say sorry, but that won´t help much right ?....I bet a lot of people eat ice-cream in Phoenix !? :lol: Be careful my friend B)

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.

Pavel wore #10 from 91-92 to 94-95. He wore the NHL 75th Patch in 91-92, the Stanley Cup 100th patch in 92-93, the F.G. 2 pts. patch in 93-94. After making the Stanley Cup finals, they put the 1994 Cup Finals patch on the chest and moved the FG patch to the left sleeve. In 94-95 he wore the Vancouver 25th Anniversary patch. Starting in 92-93 the "Canuck Place" patch arrived on the right sleeve, up through 96-97.

In 95-96 & 96-97 he wore #96, all years in the same black road and home white style, PLUS the addition of the red alternate style both seasons as well. He did wear the assistant's "A" in 95-96 & 96-97, the #96 era.

In 97-98, they changed to the Orca style and he changed back to #10 and still wore the "A".

Good memory! I remember being ticked at the time because he started wearing 96#, which I picked as a lucky number because no one else had it. I was right out of middle school and always wanted that to be my number if I ever played hockey and it would look like I picked it because of Pavel. Thankfully when I did start playing, numbers never went that high... :P It never looked right on him as 10# did. Man, do I miss Bure, he was amazing to watch.

Good memory! I remember being ticked at the time because he started wearing 96#, which I picked as a lucky number because no one else had it. I was right out of middle school and always wanted that to be my number if I ever played hockey and it would look like I picked it because of Pavel. Thankfully when I did start playing, numbers never went that high... :P It never looked right on him as 10# did. Man, do I miss Bure, he was amazing to watch.

He really was, and he never won the Cup :(

A player who really looks like him on the ice is Buffalo´s Maxim Afinogenov, he has Pavel´s style and all the moves.....

But not 50 goals a season, not by a longshot....he lacks "the finishing touch"..for some reason

He also looks like Pavel a little bit......same mom perhaps :wub:

He really was, and he never won the Cup :(

A player who really looks like him on the ice is Buffalo´s Maxim Afinogenov, he has Pavel´s style and all the moves.....

But not 50 goals a season, not by a longshot....he lacks "the finishing touch"..for some reason

He also looks like Pavel a little bit......same mom perhaps :wub:

You know when I saw Afinogenov play live, I thought exactly the same thing.

It finally arrived! My first hockey jersey! And authentic to boot. I love having the fight strap and all of the stuff sewn in, not to mention that zig-zag stitch on the back of the sleeves.

The only real problem I have with it is that it's HUGE. My sister lets me wear her Forsberg alternate replica, which is a large, and it fits perfectly, but this is, like, 3 times the size of that. I mean, this is bigger than a CCM replica XL because it's a goalie cut, and it feels really weird. Like, having lots of body fat hanging from your arms, weird. Hopefully, I'll be able to grow into it enough so I don't look like an idiot, but I can live with it. I probably won't be wearing it at school, though. ######. If I go around with that Forsberg all over campus, I'll definitely get some heat since he's kinda not on the team anymore.

I'm surprised at how light it is, considering that the current rbk authentics are supposed to be "heavy" and stuff, but I guess it's the material. I don't know when I can, but I'll be looking to purchase an authentic Richards home jersey. If IJ still has those authentics after the end of this season, I'll definitely be a customer...someday...

It's a real nice jersey, and the fact that it's a Hextall on a Nike authentic makes it even more valuable to me. I can't wait for next season to wear it at the Center, you know, make a statement. ;)

img0004iq9.th.jpg

img0005lw7.th.jpg

img0009oo5.th.jpg

img0011ox7.th.jpg

img0013yr8.th.jpg

img0025or1.th.jpg

As you can see, the last pic put the flash to good use, really showing the great color of the trademark Flyers orange. It's one beauty of a jersey and I intend on doing Hexy proud.

Congrats dude. That's a sweet jersey...even if it is a Flyers jersey! Wear that bad boy with pride.

You've just entered the wonderful world of jersey collecting. Now watch as your money disappears in the blink of an eye!

Congrats dude. That's a sweet jersey...even if it is a Flyers jersey! Wear that bad boy with pride.

You've just entered the wonderful world of jersey collecting. Now watch as your money disappears in the blink of an eye!

Don't you have to have money in the first place to make it disappear? I had to pay my sister $186 back because she owns the PayPal account! <_<

:thumbsup: Congrats! That beauty is sharp and you were able to get your favorite player's name and number.

And to echo Brilliant!'s statements, yup, your money will disappear nicely! :) They are great investments however. Each one of mine means something to me in some way.

Very nice jersey. To give you another info, if your jersey was goalie cut it would have been marked with a "G" on the tag in the collar. Reading your post reminds of an old authentic Rangers Starter jersey that I had. It was tagged size 52 but fitted like 56 or 58. It was definitely tagged wrong.

If you can post some specs of your jersey I can compare to my Flyers home jersey from Nike

It finally arrived! My first hockey jersey! And authentic to boot. I love having the fight strap and all of the stuff sewn in, not to mention that zig-zag stitch on the back of the sleeves.

The only real problem I have with it is that it's HUGE. My sister lets me wear her Forsberg alternate replica, which is a large, and it fits perfectly, but this is, like, 3 times the size of that. I mean, this is bigger than a CCM replica XL because it's a goalie cut, and it feels really weird. Like, having lots of body fat hanging from your arms, weird. Hopefully, I'll be able to grow into it enough so I don't look like an idiot, but I can live with it. I probably won't be wearing it at school, though. ######. If I go around with that Forsberg all over campus, I'll definitely get some heat since he's kinda not on the team anymore.

I'm surprised at how light it is, considering that the current rbk authentics are supposed to be "heavy" and stuff, but I guess it's the material. I don't know when I can, but I'll be looking to purchase an authentic Richards home jersey. If IJ still has those authentics after the end of this season, I'll definitely be a customer...someday...

It's a real nice jersey, and the fact that it's a Hextall on a Nike authentic makes it even more valuable to me. I can't wait for next season to wear it at the Center, you know, make a statement. ;)

As you can see, the last pic put the flash to good use, really showing the great color of the trademark Flyers orange. It's one beauty of a jersey and I intend on doing Hexy proud.

Congrats on your first jersey. My condolences to your bank account. ;)

I just noticed the email that I was sent that my Kovalchuk Authentic is on the way and should be there on Tuesday. I look forward to receiving it since I know the quality will be top notch.

Very nice jersey. To give you another info, if your jersey was goalie cut it would have been marked with a "G" on the tag in the collar. Reading your post reminds of an old authentic Rangers Starter jersey that I had. It was tagged size 52 but fitted like 56 or 58. It was definitely tagged wrong.

If you can post some specs of your jersey I can compare to my Flyers home jersey from Nike

Yup, it had the "G" on the tag in the collar. That's why I specifically mentioned "goalie cut".

I just wish I would've asked about the sizing measurements before purchasing it. I was hoping it would be small enough so I wouldn't look like an idiot. Not to mention that trying to run in this thing looks completely idiotic. I definitely won't be wearing it out in public, except game days where the only thing that matters is that I'm wearing the Flyers crest.

Oh well, beggers can't be choosers. Besides, how often am I gonna find a Nike authentic?

Hey, I've been lurking for a bit here and decided to finally post. Let me start off by saying, "Hi, my name is Ben, and I have a problem." If anyone knows of any meeting to get me of jerseys, I might have to sign up! I had a great week last two months and even the last two weeks have yielded alot cool new sweaters into my collection. This week alone I recieved a 1998 Capitals Blue (to get Stanley Cup and 1998 Finals Patch), 1998 USA Olypmic Jersey White (to be Deadmarsh in the future), 2002 US Olmypic Jersey Navy (again to be Deadmarsh in the future), and Colorado Avalanche Tanguay #18 3rd Jersey (which I'd like to strip the name plate off and put Deadmarsh on the back of this one as well. I'm aware he never wore this style, but as my favorite player and a fan of the jersey style, I decided to break my rule and get it as a fantasy jersey). I'm waiting on a 05-06 Buffalo Sabres 3rd Gaustad, Starter Bruins Pooh Bear 3rd, and Tampa Bay 3rd from the 1990s all of which should be here this week. Again, My name is Ben and I have a problem!

Hey, I've been lurking for a bit here and decided to finally post. Let me start off by saying, "Hi, my name is Ben, and I have a problem." If anyone knows of any meeting to get me of jerseys, I might have to sign up! I had a great week last two months and even the last two weeks have yielded alot cool new sweaters into my collection. This week alone I recieved a 1998 Capitals Blue (to get Stanley Cup and 1998 Finals Patch), 1998 USA Olypmic Jersey White (to be Deadmarsh in the future), 2002 US Olmypic Jersey Navy (again to be Deadmarsh in the future), and Colorado Avalanche Tanguay #18 3rd Jersey (which I'd like to strip the name plate off and put Deadmarsh on the back of this one as well. I'm aware he never wore this style, but as my favorite player and a fan of the jersey style, I decided to break my rule and get it as a fantasy jersey). I'm waiting on a 05-06 Buffalo Sabres 3rd Gaustad, Starter Bruins Pooh Bear 3rd, and Tampa Bay 3rd from the 1990s all of which should be here this week. Again, My name is Ben and I have a problem!

I don't understand your problem. How big is you collection?

Heh...his problem is the same as all of ours...he spends too much money on jerseys! Welcome dude. You've come to the right place!

With the Lightning Jersey I'm at 40, 15 of which are from the begining of the calendar year till now. Id like to slow down, seeing as the place I've worked the last two summers is having a slow year, so they don't have anything for me to do, so I need to find a job once school is done to further my habit. Other than that, its not a problem, more like an obsession! I like to try and get my hands on obscure things that other people wont have.

Mostly Replicas. I have 3 authentics, Canucks Alt (2004), St. Louis Blues, and a Boston Bruins Pooh Bear 3rd (I think... the auction listed it as a 48-R Starter Jersey, but he said it was a replica, so based on my knowlege of the Starter Tagging, I think it will be authentic, well see in about a week). The rest are replicas. I do like the quality of the authentics more, but I can't bring myself to drop that kind of cash.

My goal is to get most of my jerseys customized, i have a list of about 15 jerseys I'd like to get done, its just the money thats keeping me from doing that. Ive recently started to add patches to my jerseys if I can, something spyboy does and I thought it was a great way to place the jersey in a specfic moment in time and allows for some more interesting pieces. Also, I should state that alot of my jerseys are or will be in the future jerseys of former Portland Winter Hawks players. I've been follwing the Hawks for the last 17 years, and as the junior team who as produced the most players in the NHL (I beleive they are just shy of 100 in their history) I've seen alot of guys go on to the show and like to pick up jerseys to wear to the games of former Hawks. When I started out getting jerseys (as Christmas presents from the parents) my choices were all based logos/design and now alot of it is about what name I can add to the back. With that said, I won't buy a jersey I dont like to do so, I still have to like the style to pick it up, but not as much as used to be the criteria. My favorite teams used to be becuase of they jersey they had, now they are becuase of players I've followed if that clears things up.

With the Lightning Jersey I'm at 40, 15 of which are from the begining of the calendar year till now. Id like to slow down, seeing as the place I've worked the last two summers is having a slow year, so they don't have anything for me to do, so I need to find a job once school is done to further my habit. Other than that, its not a problem, more like an obsession! I like to try and get my hands on obscure things that other people wont have.

Hello there! Welcome aboard! The new year has been rather nice to my jersey collection as well and stands to be nicer here soon with a couple of the local sports stores selling their Coyotes jerseys cheap. I think my number is at 5 or 6 since the calendar year has turned over, not as big as 15, but I've enjoyed it nonetheless. I just added an inaugural season Mighty Ducks old CCM Maska jersey to my collection. I say inaugural season as it doesn't have the Mighty Ducks patches on the shoulders. I would say mine is an obsession too, my wife has had to tell me to keep it under wraps. Sounds like you're gonna fit in just fine here!

benpc21,

I like your signature graphic with the jerseys, not necessarily all the teams whose jerseys the players play for, but it looks very cool all together like that.

benpc21,

I like your signature graphic with the jerseys, not necessarily all the teams whose jerseys the players play for, but it looks very cool all together like that.

Thanks, I gotta admit I had a guy at another board make it up for me, as I was too lazy to do so my self! All the guys on the sig are former Portland Winter Hawks, so at some point I'd like to get my hands on a jersey (not necessarily the one pictured) of theirs, plus a few others not listed.