It arrived today

lafountain

I might if it keeps bothering me, but I'm trying to ignore it. It's so slight that I should be able to but it's just the way they seem to angle apart that's agitating me. It's as if it's off by a barely measurable amount, but creates an optical illusion that makes it seem worse? I'll see how I feel about it in a couple of days :thumbsup:

I had forgotten that was the one you thought was lost. :thumbsup: Awesome that you got it. Stafford was a good choice.

Brilliant! Nice pickup on the Canucks jersey, I'm still convinced that's the best jersey they've ever had.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 great pickups Mach nice job.

I might if it keeps bothering me, but I'm trying to ignore it. It's so slight that I should be able to but it's just the way they seem to angle apart that's agitating me. It's as if it's off by a barely measurable amount, but creates an optical illusion that makes it seem worse? I'll see how I feel about it in a couple of days

Heh...dude you're like me. If you KNOW about it, there's no way you can forget about it. That would drive me nuts too.

Brilliant! Nice pickup on the Canucks jersey, I'm still convinced that's the best jersey they've ever had.

Oh yeah, I think so too. The rink & stick was a classic too but the flying skate is where it's at. I always loved the white version too which is rare because I usually go for the dark jerseys. Ever since 1994 I've loved that white jersey.

I know what you mean Brilliant! I Pavel Bure was one of my favorite players for some reason (I don't know why). Those jerseys were pretty awesome, and I loved the logo.

Didn't Bure wear 96 at some point in that uniform? I remember him coming into the league with number 10, but why the change to 96 and then back? I just find it funny that the number I'd like to wear (if I have a choice) is 96 just like Bure (the real reason is because my grandmother died last year and she was 96 years old. The fact that it was her age and Bure's number has got to be more than just a coincidence).

Yeah he did wear 96 in 95-96 and 96-97 but I have no idea why.

Speaking of the white Vancouver jerseys, right now I'm watching Game 4 of the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals. Two of my favorite jerseys ever: white Canucks and blue Rangers.

St_LouisBluescirca1995-vi.jpg

Got this today in the mail. You can't tell from the shot but it is an authentic. This was probably my favorite version of the Blues jersey.

St_LouisBluescirca1995-vi.jpg

Got this today in the mail. You can't tell from the shot but it is an authentic. This was probably my favorite version of the Blues jersey.

Great pickup. Are you planning to put a name and number on it?

I never noticed before, but now that I see it, I hate that logo with the short, stuby "wings". The current one they use looks much better.

I know what you mean Brilliant! I Pavel Bure was one of my favorite players for some reason (I don't know why). Those jerseys were pretty awesome, and I loved the logo.

Didn't Bure wear 96 at some point in that uniform? I remember him coming into the league with number 10, but why the change to 96 and then back? I just find it funny that the number I'd like to wear (if I have a choice) is 96 just like Bure (the real reason is because my grandmother died last year and she was 96 years old. The fact that it was her age and Bure's number has got to be more than just a coincidence).

Pavel Bure's rookie year was 91-92 (NHL 75th anniversary patch). The 20th annivesary patch on that Canucks jersey is from 89-90, before Bure arrived. I'd think Linden would be a good choice for that jersey. Or Kirk McLean. Not much else on that roster to get excited about.

One other topics, that Stafford nameplate is clearly NOT aligned with the numbers. I'm not sure if it's the nameplate that's off, or worse the numbers, but that one needs a tune up.

Beware the customizing on the Blues jersey. Since it's an authentic you should be ok, but I've seen a lot of those where the numbers are made either too big or placed to low and cross over into the yellow stripe area and they should not touch the stripes at all.

JeffB

Pavel Bure's rookie year was 91-92 (NHL 75th anniversary patch). The 20th annivesary patch on that Canucks jersey is from 89-90, before Bure arrived. I'd think Linden would be a good choice for that jersey. Or Kirk McLean. Not much else on that roster to get excited about.

Oh come on man! What about Stan Smyl?? One of the best hockey names ever! Igor Larianov was on that team too. That'd be an awesome add I think. Also, you're right about the Blues customizing...I've seen some butcher jobs before. I don't know if I'll get this one tagged or not. I might just keep it blank.

Yeah he did wear 96 in 95-96 and 96-97 but I have no idea why.

Speaking of the white Vancouver jerseys, right now I'm watching Game 4 of the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals. Two of my favorite jerseys ever: white Canucks and blue Rangers.

IIRC, he changed it to 96 the year that Mogilny got traded to Vancouver, they were looking forward to being back on the same team together as the Bure-Fedorov-Mogilny line had been dangerous in Soviet hockey. They just needed a center to dish'em the puck. That season (95-96), they got Ridley and Sillinger at the deadline but also Naslund for Alex Stojanov! Once they changed to the current Orca style he went back to 10#.

I can put the 2007 All-Star issue to rest now. Today, I received my 07 authentic West jersey that I sent to IJ to make into a player that IS under contract for next season and the next several after...

jovo55-as.jpg

I love the embroidered crest...

westcrestauth2.jpg

westcrestauth.jpg

My pictures aren't the greatest, I had to give them some brightness, color, etc. and they still came out a little funky. Trust me, the jersey is perfect.

I'm impressed that IJ uses the authentic letter font on the name. The name is on a placquard of the same material as the jersey, that doesn't show up on the picture. I sent the Coyote shoulder patch and they sewed it on there. I'm very very happy with the way everything turned out! :thumbsup:

It's a long four-month wait for me to show it off at the games, it's too warm out to wear it everyday, which is one bad thing about living in Phoenix. :stickhndl:

I can put the 2007 All-Star issue to rest now. Today, I received my 07 authentic West jersey that I sent to IJ to make into a player that IS under contract for next season and the next several after...

jovo55-as.jpg

westcrestauth2.jpg

westcrestauth.jpg

My pictures aren't the greatest, I had to give them some brightness, color, etc. and they still came out a little funky. Trust me, the jersey is perfect.

I'm impressed that IJ uses the authentic letter font on the name. The name is on a placquard of the same material as the jersey, that doesn't show up on the picture. I sent the Coyote shoulder patch and they sewed it on there. I'm very very happy with the way everything turned out! :thumbsup:

It's a long four-month wait for me to show it off at the games, it's too warm out to wear it everyday, which is one bad thing about living in Phoenix. :stickhndl:

Good for you buddy!

But in my opinion this is not a hockey-jersey, no stripes on the arms or bottom. Just a mess in the armpits.

A Reebok tag on the low front, like a basketball jersey!

No Sir, this don´t look like hockey at all...and all jerseys next year will have this design.... :noway::angry:

Good for you buddy!

But in my opinion this is not a hockey-jersey, no stripes on the arms or bottom. Just a mess in the armpits.

No Sir, this don´t look like hockey at all...and all jerseys next year will have this design.... :noway::angry:

No, all jerseys next year will be made from this fabric and cut in this shape. I haven't heard any confirmation of a "cookie cutter" layout for the jerseys and Lou Lamoriello insists that not a single stripe of the Devils design will be changing next year. As far as I know, the design of the jerseys are entirely up to the individual teams. All that is definitely changing is the cut of the jerseys.

jovo55-as.jpg

westcrestauth2.jpg

westcrestauth.jpg

Good choice on Jovanovski, that jersey looks sharp authentic. I think I was one of the few people (at least IMO according to the coyotescorner.net message board) that liked Jovo this season. I loved watching him get on the point during the power play. Great guy too, got my rookie card of his signed :thumbsup:

I still wear my jerseys indoors, of course I have to have the A/C on full blast. Its one of the things I hate about living out here, they definitely cannot be worn during the summer. *sigh*

No, all jerseys next year will be made from this fabric and cut in this shape. I haven't heard any confirmation of a "cookie cutter" layout for the jerseys and Lou Lamoriello insists that not a single stripe of the Devils design will be changing next year. As far as I know, the design of the jerseys are entirely up to the individual teams. All that is definitely changing is the cut of the jerseys.

That's one of the few reasons I like the Devils. Their jerseys to me are going to be classic soon. As much as Lou shocked me this year firing his coach like he did, knowing that my Devils jersey will probably still be the same in 5 years. I like that continuity. I haven't heard anything about the Avs yet...and that's got me wondering...

Yeah, okay then........but a reebok tag on the front is wack, and this new cut is an "hourglass" cut, like a girls jersey :angry:

Thanks for the info still Mach_9 :mellow:

P.S.. i wish the man behind the idea of these new jerseys, would meet my good friend and your brother i guess: Tech 9........kidding :P

Yeah, okay then........but a reebok tag on the front is wack, and this new cut is an "hourglass" cut, like a girls jersey :angry:

P.S.. i wish the man behind the idea of these new jerseys, would meet my good friend and your brother i guess: Tech 9........kidding :P

I would have agreed about the cut of the jerseys until I tried one on at MSG during game 3 of the Sabres/Rangers series. Not that I had pads on, but playing hockey 5 days a week, I could tell that they breath well, are light weight and honestly don't look much different when you're wearing one with just a hoodie underneath. The RBK tag is a little lame, but it's such a small detail.

IIRC, he changed it to 96 the year that Mogilny got traded to Vancouver, they were looking forward to being back on the same team together as the Bure-Fedorov-Mogilny line had been dangerous in Soviet hockey. They just needed a center to dish'em the puck. That season (95-96), they got Ridley and Sillinger at the deadline but also Naslund for Alex Stojanov! Once they changed to the current Orca style he went back to 10#.

Exactly.

Pavel wore #10 from 91-92 to 94-95. He wore the NHL 75th Patch in 91-92, the Stanley Cup 100th patch in 92-93, the F.G. 2 pts. patch in 93-94. After making the Stanley Cup finals, they put the 1994 Cup Finals patch on the chest and moved the FG patch to the left sleeve. In 94-95 he wore the Vancouver 25th Anniversary patch. Starting in 92-93 the "Canuck Place" patch arrived on the right sleeve, up through 96-97.

In 95-96 & 96-97 he wore #96, all years in the same black road and home white style, PLUS the addition of the red alternate style both seasons as well. He did wear the assistant's "A" in 95-96 & 96-97, the #96 era.

In 97-98, they changed to the Orca style and he changed back to #10 and still wore the "A".

Good for you buddy!

You mean the tag on the low front like a football jersey? When I see it I immediately think "football jersey".

p2855876dt.jpg

I don't know why. Maybe it's because the Philadelphia Eagles are notorious for showing it off, instead of tucking it in.

264924565_244e4de7d2_o.jpg

264942879_7faa995763_o.jpg

PHI_DAL_1219_DH.jpg

I think that once rbk's idea to have the jersey's tucked in was shot down, they decided to put more advertising for their company on the lower front, where it could now be seen.

I hate how much it advertises itself. It's got one tag on the inside, the ENTIRE inside collar is covered with the name, there's a tag on the outside under the neck, AND the tag on the lower front. All CCM and Koho ever did was the tag on the inside and the tag either on the hemline or under the neck. rbk does twice as much! <_<

Holy crap!.....thanks to your picture i now see why there is a tag on the front, and the NHL shield is moved to the front of the jersey.

It´s so the new hockey jerseys will look like reebok football jerseys........Oh no.....Reebok, i hate you with a passion

It's not as bad as you're making it out to be. As for the guy who designed it, sure, get the icepick and the blowtorch... :ninja:

Looks great nice selection.