It arrived today

lafountain

Nothing too big today, just a Devils red Koho arrived that I'm going to have done up with Schwab #35 and the 2003 Stanley Cup patch. He's our part time goalie coach and I'm going to have him sign it for me. Later this week is when it should get interesting. I'll give the damage report then.

Update: I just tried on the jersey, and its a medium not a large as advertised, which sucks. The size tag was cutout and the auction on ebay said it was large, so I'm very bummed. Even if it did fit me (which it doesnt, all of my jerseys are large or XL) you get that problem with putting numbers on it becuase its smaller. Bummer.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff, I missed you post there, the Leetch jersey has the two color letters, which even when I was watching it on ebay looked weird to me, so I checked it out on nhluniforms.com and that appeared to be correct, so I went for it. I've yet to see a picture with the 3 color letters, but I'd guess its pretty sharp. To me, as a rule of thumb, if you are doing 3 color numbers, you should either do 3 color letters or 1 color. Two seems like you forgot a layer and went with it anyway. (With the exception of the old Buffalo set, but thats one in its self becuase of the large shoulder area.

Wow, you people need to stary picking up some stuff. Granted I've had amazing luck this past week on defunct jerseys on ebay. Yesterday I got a Chicago Wolves Maroon jersey. Today I recieved a package from Florida, which can only mean its my Florida Panthers white jersey. I open it up and there is a Florida Gators baby outfit inside. So in other words im 1 for 3 in my last jersey purchases getting what I want. This is crazy, I never had the wrong item once before, now it happend twice in 3 days! All is well, i'll get this sorted out tomorrow. Now I'm off to Seattle to see the opening show of OZZFEST with the man himself, Ozzy Osbourne!

Okay okay...

I got this today:

SanJoseSharkscirca2006-vi.jpg

SanJoseSharkscirca2006b-vi.jpg

Don't mind the Transformers instructions overlapping the arm in the one picture...

EDIT: Oooh post #666! How fitting is it that I'm currently listening to Slayer??

Nice, I like how that teal picks up the light. If I had a sharks jersey, you could be it would be Marleau as well.

I actually like the older 2000 version of the Sharks jersey I have. The material is a lot nicer. Still, I like my new one.

I got my new favorite jersey in the mail today:

NewYorkRangerscirca2004-vi.jpg

NewYorkRangerscirca2004b-vi.jpg

I'm sooo happy I found this jersey...I'd been looking for a while. 52 is a little big but I don't care.

I actually like the older 2000 version of the Sharks jersey I have. The material is a lot nicer. Still, I like my new one.

I got my new favorite jersey in the mail today:

NewYorkRangerscirca2004-vi.jpg

NewYorkRangerscirca2004b-vi.jpg

I'm sooo happy I found this jersey...I'd been looking for a while. 52 is a little big but I don't care.

Hey, I have the same jersey but still waiting to be customised. I'm gonna put #88 on mine. Size 52 fits me perfectly.

Oh no! Don't ruin that gorgeous jersey by putting 88 on the back. Make it someone a little more original. How about Barnaby? He was still on the team back then. I always liked him. Also, I'm gonna take a guess and say that you're taller than I am(5'7"). That's pretty much the only reason the 52's are big on me.

Brilliant!, that is one sharp pickup...for a Rangers jersey that is. :closedeyes:

Hey, I have the same jersey but still waiting to be customised. I'm gonna put #88 on mine. Size 52 fits me perfectly.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! As much as I hate the Rangers, I'm telling you do NOT ruin that jersey with #88.

Brilliant!, that is one sharp pickup...for a Rangers jersey that is. :closedeyes:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! As much as I hate the Rangers, I'm telling you do NOT ruin that jersey with #88.

The 88 would look good in that font. Ken Hodge actually wore 88 back then (I remember the hockey card), not many people probably recall that, so most will immediately think Lindros. I hate the Rangers with a passion, too, but that style of Ranger jersey is one of my favorites, possibly because of the Arial-like font that they used, that looked way sharp.

Oh no! Don't ruin that gorgeous jersey by putting 88 on the back. Make it someone a little more original. How about Barnaby? He was still on the team back then. I always liked him. Also, I'm gonna take a guess and say that you're taller than I am(5'7"). That's pretty much the only reason the 52's are big on me.

I'm not much taller than you (5'8").

Why does everyone hate Lindros. He's my favorite Player actually since he was traded to the Flyers. And somehow I became an NHL fan and I still think he should have never left the Flyers. But sorry folks, I made my decision :closedeyes: I'm putting #88 on it.

Why does everyone hate Lindros.

It started the day he thought he could pick which team he would play for.

Then, it was the buckets full of hype.

Then he became a Flyer, my least favorite team of all time in any sport.

Then there was the perm hairdo.

Then he was named captain of Team Canada in the 1998 Olympics on a team that had Wayne Gretzky on it.

Then he never delivered a championship to live up to the hype.

I always called him Lindork during the "I wanna go to the Maple Leafs" days of 2000-01. That whole saga about him only being willing to play for the Maple Leafs soured me on him. I always got the impression his family meddled too much too. Then I started to see what the toll of his concussions could do to him and I worried for him more. Its really too bad how his career has panned out, with all the promise he had. He doesn't bother me anymore though, I just hope his next head injury doesn't do him in...

Why does everyone hate Lindros.

Well, let's see. For starters, the Flyers traded away future superstar Peter Forsberg as well as my favorite Flyer of all time, Ron Hextall for him. Then came all of the hype. Then came all of the disappointment. Then came all of the concussions. Then came his a-hole parents, then came the feud, then came his trade to the hated Rangers.

So according to my calculations:

Peter Forsberg = 2 Cups

Eric Lindros = a million concussions, alleged affair with Brindy's wife, fight with GM Bob Clarke, trade to rival Rangers, 0 Cups

My awesome summer continues, as in the last few days, an white Gretzky era Blues jersey (future: Gretzky), black Coyotes (future: Isbister), brick Coyotes (future Scatchard, who got cut with in 24 hours of me winning it!), black Capitals (future: Klepis), 2001 World All Star Red (future: Hossa), and LA Kings Alt Deadmarsh. The Kings one was supposed to be the alt with the Crown crest but the one that showed up was the alt with the Shield, which I already have, so I shipped it right back and they will send me the correct one. Overall, not to shabby for 3 days.

I just added the white Red Wings jersey to my list. I know its borderline criminal as an Avalanche fan, but I've always liked that particular style of the Wings jerseys. I was actually debating on whether or not to get a personalized one, in the form of Zetterberg or Yzerman.

Yzerman, probably the last player who played for one team his whole career. Crack me if I'm wrong.

Here is a list that I could come up with of players who have played at least 10 years and every year is with the same team/organization

Joe Sakic

Martin Brodeur

Mike Modano

Saku Koivu

That was just off the top of my head, there may be others but tons of years and only play for one team is becoming extremely rare. Heres hoping some of todays young stars can pull the accomplishment (IE Kovy, Crosby, Malkin, Ovie) would love to see them all stay with one team for their entire careers.

For what it's worth, I say Yzerman, thats solid choice. While on the topic, I recently read Zetterberg said he wants to play his entrie career in Detroit. So well see how that turns out.

He are few more I thought of:

-Jarome Iginla (11 Seasons with CGY) (though drafted by Dallas He has played all of his games for Calgary)

-Nicklas Lidstrom (15 Seasons with DET)

-Wade Redden (10 Seasons with OTT)

-Patrik Elias (11 Seasons with NJ)

Here are some that are close:

-Patrick Marleau (9 Seasons with SJ)

-Chris Phillips (9 Seasons with OTT)

-Vincent Lecavalier (8 Seasons with TB)

I just picked up a red authentic Wings jersey that I intend on turning into a Zetterberg myself.

I just picked up a red authentic Wings jersey that I intend on turning into a Zetterberg myself.

Good choice. I got to see him play against the Coyotes this year and he ended up having a hat trick. I'm convinced he's one of the more underrated players in the NHL today. I got his McFarlane figure last weekend.

As for Yzerman, he's like the Joe Sakic type in terms of stature in my eyes. He was one of the first NHL superstars I heard of after Gretzky, Lemieux, and Roy and I've always really liked him. I was really bummed about missing him play live before he retired. I've always vowed if I get another personalized Wings jersey, he'd be among my top choices.

I found a nice Hurricanes road jersey from 1998 on eBay the other day. Starter authentic too.

CarolinaHurricanescirca1998-vi.jpg

Also, got this today too:

NewYorkRangerscirca1997-vi.jpg

2 Quality pickups Brilliant. Any plans for those?