It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with Mike. That jersey looks fake. He's got a M&N with the "Mitchell and Ness" script on the front hem - that's got to be a mistake because I've never seen such a thing. Probably a fake too.

Looks like a legit Koho replica.

Replicas are rarely (if ever) faked. The brandmark on the sleeve, lack of fight strap, and alpha sizing are key indicators (although sellers of fakes often use a combo of alpha and numeric sizing in their listings).

I did enjoy the tanget the guy went on in the description: "every year there is an allstar NFL game players like Wayne Gretzky Sidney Crosby Mario Leimuex have played Wayne Greztky is the great one..he is like the michael jordan of roller hockey or the 50 cent oe Eminem of Ice hocky."

I realize the listing is in New Zealand, so I'll cut the guy some slack but it's still funny :lol:

Looks like a legit Koho replica.

Replicas are rarely (if ever) faked. The brandmark on the sleeve, lack of fight strap, and alpha sizing are key indicators (although sellers of fakes often use a combo of alpha and numeric sizing in their listings).

I did enjoy the tanget the guy went on in the description: "every year there is an allstar NFL game players like Wayne Gretzky Sidney Crosby Mario Leimuex have played Wayne Greztky is the great one..he is like the michael jordan of roller hockey or the 50 cent oe Eminem of Ice hocky."

I realize the listing is in New Zealand, so I'll cut the guy some slack but it's still funny :lol:

Cheers, the description was one of the reasons i was really weary about it :)

I'm assuming that an Ebbets Field Flannels jersey. They're kinda like Mitchell & Ness in that they do a lot of older jerseys that you wouldn't see produced otherwise. I've never owned one before though so I can't comment on the quality.

Is this seller and the jersey legit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-BLUE-RBK-EDGE-AUTHENTIC-JERSEY-52-/400186072647?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5d2cf2de47

My gut says yes, but I could use a second opinion.

Judging by that picture, I'd say yes. The fight strap snap looks good and the fact that the arms don't sit flat suggests it's legit.

Is toejam9 a legit seller? I'm looking at one of his jerseys and just wanted to know if anyone's dealt with him.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230588743424&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Yes he is. He's actually a member here. F-Liars if I'm not mistaken. But, yes, I've bought from him before so go for it.

Cool, thank you. I thought I'd read he was a member here but this thread is so long it's hard to read all the way through now.

Is this one legit? Quite keen to get an edge one over the premier if possible.

http://cgi.ebay.com/authentic-Rangers-heritage-jersy-/300531920543?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item45f9192e9f

I'm sort of curious about the numbers on the inside hem on the authentic jersey. Are they heat pressed in? I would think if they were sewn you would see the thread on the outside of the jersey...

I'm sort of curious about the numbers on the inside hem on the authentic jersey. Are they heat pressed in? I would think if they were sewn you would see the thread on the outside of the jersey...

I saw on another thread here that the heritage jerseys sold at MSG do have the hem numbers heatpressed so thats accurate.

The NHL shield is good, and I have yet to see a fake with a good shield.

Thanks for that, hope he will post to far off New Zealand!

Yeah, I don't know why the Rangers made such a big deal about the numbers being SEWN IN THE JERSEY! OOOOOH! Not true at all. The guy at Cosby's told me a few months ago that it's just twill that is heat-pressed into a bottom vinyl layer. It's not a deal-breaker obviously but why make such a stink about them being sewn in?

Yeah, I don't know why the Rangers made such a big deal about the numbers being SEWN IN THE JERSEY! OOOOOH! Not true at all. The guy at Cosby's told me a few months ago that it's just twill that is heat-pressed into a bottom vinyl layer. It's not a deal-breaker obviously but why make such a stink about them being sewn in?

Why didn't they just sew them in? Its not like the jersey is available everywhere so they wouldnt have had to make truck loads.

No way. Definitely a fake.

I don't know why they didn't sew the numbers into the Rangers jerseys. Frankly, I don't think it's THAT big a deal having it all heat-pressed in but WHY WHY WHY did they make such a big deal about them being SEWN INTO THE JERSEY? That's what I don't understand.

No way. Definitely a fake.

I don't know why they didn't sew the numbers into the Rangers jerseys. Frankly, I don't think it's THAT big a deal having it all heat-pressed in but WHY WHY WHY did they make such a big deal about them being SEWN INTO THE JERSEY? That's what I don't understand.

Maybe they realise that 98% of those buying are going to assume they are sewn in and wouldnt even question if they were or not. Probably cheaper to heat-press and its only the 2% like us that point out they're not sewn in.

The seller does post to New Zealand so have bid, hope I get it, will be my 1st Edge jersey. Grabbed this one yesterday too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=270713676206&si=z47QxDR323BWZuY1VTzGM0l4HPQ%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBSA%3AUS%3A1123

I know getting a Messier Canucks jersey isnt the best idea but was keen to get an ultrafil and like the jersey.

Edited by lfcjari37

Any of these two are legit authentics? Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

Jersey 1

jersey 2