lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need some help from the experts:

http://m.kijiji.ca/ad.php?adid=360436821

What do you think?

Not going to claim to be an expert, but the jersey does look very wrong to me. If it's supposed to be an ultrafil original, it should have a large block CCM hem logo. If it's an airknit vintage reissue from the 2000's, the hem logo would look similar to this one, but the neck tags would be completely different. Looking at the stripe pattern on the arms, an ultrafil should be one piece, so the stripes should not have a wrinkle pattern like they do in the picture, since the stripes were obviously individual pieces that were sewn together. I'm not 100% sure if the vintage remakes were sublimated, but even if they weren't, I don't think the bands should wrinkle like that due to poor stitching. The fight strap looks weird and the customization is off. I'd stay away.

Need some help from the experts:

http://m.kijiji.ca/ad.php?adid=360436821

What do you think?

STAY AWAY BRO!

At best that thing is a Vintage reissue like the LA kings we just saw. which I dont think they even made in authentic pens.

so PASS! bigtime. way overpriced. the signature be damned.

i love the fact that jersey comes with a loa! Those loa's are usually just for the signature. As the others have said stay away !!

LOA? LMAO! I was at a Jagr signing last week and they were offering a "certificate of Authenticity." Now Jagr was signing jerseys with multiple signatures on them and the customers were paying to have a "sticker" placed on the jersey to authenticate the signature...So now all the jerseys' sigs are authenticated? No problem taking the sticker off that jersey and placing it another with a fake signature...I saved my $$. I know that my jersey is really signed by Jagr and it's monetary worth matters no more to me than it did before the shirt was signed.

I was offered to buy this Sharks 90's airknit, but the patch is sewn on the wrong side. There's also nameplate and letters residue outline. Is it worth the $110 shipped?

I was gonna try and strip it.

DSCN1023.jpg

DSCN1028.jpg

DSCN1027.jpg

Yeah the patch is on the wrong side. The nameplate residue isn't a big deal cause you can cover that up with a new nameplate but the numbers have to be stripped so I wouldn't risk $110 on it. If you can get it for around $50 then it's worth taking a chance on.

I was offered to buy this Sharks 90's airknit, but the patch is sewn on the wrong side. There's also nameplate and letters residue outline. Is it worth the $110 shipped?

I was gonna try and strip it.

DSCN1023.jpg

DSCN1028.jpg

DSCN1027.jpg

I would say $100 shipped is more like it!

The 5's are wrong too. I don't know why they have Green Bay Packers/Los Angeles Clippers(don't ask) 5's but that's terribly inaccurate.

Yeah the patch is on the wrong side. The nameplate residue isn't a big deal cause you can cover that up with a new nameplate but the numbers have to be stripped so I wouldn't risk $110 on it. If you can get it for around $50 then it's worth taking a chance on.

I doubt he'd let it go for $50. Brilliant, I know the numbers are wrong. I was gonna strip them off. Perhaps I should just wait it out until a blank pops up on ebay.

Edit: I offered $80 shipped. He said no. I'd rather not risk paying any more than that.

I doubt he'd let it go for $50. Brilliant, I know the numbers are wrong. I was gonna strip them off. Perhaps I should just wait it out until a blank pops up on ebay.

Edit: I offered $80 shipped. He said no. I'd rather not risk paying any more than that.

So far I have had better luck with Ultrafil jerseys the Air-Knit. Air-Knit is always harder to strip and they never come out right for me.

So far I have had better luck with Ultrafil jerseys the Air-Knit. Air-Knit is always harder to strip and they never come out right for me.

agreed 100%

Did they make any ultrafil Sharks jerseys?

Nope. (Except for possible prototypes?)

The seller offered me $80 shipped, but there's no way to tell if there could be discoloration, fading, or staining once those numbers are removed.

Are the #'s correct on this? They look short.

How bout the name? Correct?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300676705797?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I thought this seller was a member on this board as well??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300676705797?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I don't think the numbers are too short. The white layer looks a little too big, which makes the red border look too thin, and the entire number looks too wide. Top of the "1" should be curved. Gamer for reference:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=57&lotid=751

Did they make any ultrafil Sharks jerseys?

I think so, someone on here put one up in new arrivals 5.0 but it also might have been a prototype. I'll find the post and show it to you.

I don't think the numbers are too short. The white layer looks a little too big, which makes the red border look too thin, and the entire number looks too wide. Top of the "1" should be curved. Gamer for reference:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=57&lotid=751

Something is wrong with that jersey too.

Look at the fightstrap on the gamer, it is just under the bottom red line, on the ebay one it is a good couple inches below.

Also, somehow the numbers on the ebay one are actually bigger (or it is an illusion because the red stripes are wrong) because look at where they end in relation to the gamer.

I thought this seller was a member on this board as well??

It did belong to one of the members here and now it's being resold by this guy. The previous owner said it was miscustomized and I think the back numbers are short.

Edit:

It might have belonged to FlyHighGuy94, I remember someone else posted that jersey up and I think it was him that commented and said that the jersey was once his. I'm having trouble finding the post with my iPhone but when I get home I'll find it for you.

Something is wrong with that jersey too.

Look at the fightstrap on the gamer, it is just under the bottom red line, on the ebay one it is a good couple inches below.

Also, somehow the numbers on the ebay one are actually bigger (or it is an illusion because the red stripes are wrong) because look at where they end in relation to the gamer.

The back numbers are short that's what's wrong with it.