It is good or not?

lafountain

I think this should be an 87/88 I just want to make sure it's not replica and the jersey is good?

ScreenShot2012-02-18at31625PM.png

ScreenShot2012-02-18at31618PM.png

Can I please get additional feedback please?

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't the scammers get the NHL logo at the neck right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NHL-Replica-New-York-Rangers-Jersey-30-LUNDQVIST-Winter-Clasic-size-56-/270917345830?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f13eea226

On another note, if my edge 1.0 is right sized at 50 what replica wc size do I need. large?

Why can't the scammers get the NHL logo at the neck right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NHL-Replica-New-York-Rangers-Jersey-30-LUNDQVIST-Winter-Clasic-size-56-/270917345830?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f13eea226

On another note, if my edge 1.0 is right sized at 50 what replica wc size do I need. large?

Small or Medium. The Replica WC have the 550 cut and are a little bigger in cut so you would probably have to try them on (that fit myself).

Weren't you the guy with the CCM Rangers 44? That should match up very well with a 550 medium. (I wear both those sizes myself, as well as an Edge 50)

I did not want to make a new topic but can someone help me out? 1990 to 95 did the New York Rangers used the same heavy Mesh for that time period?

Weren't you the guy with the CCM Rangers 44? That should match up very well with a 550 medium. (I wear both those sizes myself, as well as an Edge 50)

Yup, that is me.

I'll look for mediums. Thanks

I did not want to make a new topic but can someone help me out? 1990 to 95 did the New York Rangers used the same heavy Mesh for that time period?

I have a 92 you can see here:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=4347&st=0&p=76644&fromsearch=1entry76644

I have a 94/95 Graves and the Mesh is really heavy so I just wanted to know if they used a different type of metrial during the 90/95 season.

It's Memorex.

Or possibly just a figment of your imagination.

But in all seriousness, are you questioning if the jersey is a fake?

An old, dirty, NNOB Blues jersey?

It's Memorex.

Or possibly just a figment of your imagination.

But in all seriousness, are you questioning if the jersey is a fake?

An old, dirty, NNOB Blues jersey?

I know the jersey is not fake I just want to know can it be a game issue or used from the 70's?

I think i read somewhere on gameworn.net that its an old school replica

I read that they did not start making replicas for consumers till the mid 80's.

I read that they did not start making replicas for consumers till the mid 80's.

That is not true.

I have a replica Rangers jersey that my dad purchased for me at Cosby's in New York in 1980 1981.

I have also seen Kings replicas from the original P&G era and that ended 1979/1980.

I have worn hockey jerseys for as long as I can remember and I doubt my dad was buying me gamers.

The listing also states that the jersey is store bought.

Hi everybody! I'm new to the forums and just had a quick question about the Hartford Whalers home jersey I purchased today. I currently own several navy "Away" jerseys that I purchased from the Civic Center through the 1990's. Both have the identical "CCM rink" tag sewn just above the sizing tag inside the front of the jersey neckline, as this one has (shown in first picture). However, the one I purchased today has the identical CCM logo stitched on the back, but it is missing the NHL shield that matches one of my jerseys (authentic) and the other one that has a mini-whalers logo stitched beside the CCM tag (replica). I am confused as to why this one has nothing beside the CCM tag, as according to the Tags and Tails guide it should have something stitched beside it unless its from 1989-1991. It cannot be from that time period as this jersey did not come out until 1992-1993. I know this jersey is a replica, is that the only reason it does not have any additional cresting on the CCM tail tag?? And yes, I know the sharpie number on the back is hideous, what until you see what it looks like after I get "O'Neil" and 92 put on by RMC sports here in Edmonton. Thanks for any help you can give!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260958322161#ht_500wt_1413

Hi everybody! I'm new to the forums and just had a quick question about the Hartford Whalers home jersey I purchased today. I currently own several navy "Away" jerseys that I purchased from the Civic Center through the 1990's. Both have the identical "CCM rink" tag sewn just above the sizing tag inside the front of the jersey neckline, as this one has (shown in first picture). However, the one I purchased today has the identical CCM logo stitched on the back, but it is missing the NHL shield that matches one of my jerseys (authentic) and the other one that has a mini-whalers logo stitched beside the CCM tag (replica). I am confused as to why this one has nothing beside the CCM tag, as according to the Tags and Tails guide it should have something stitched beside it unless its from 1989-1991. It cannot be from that time period as this jersey did not come out until 1992-1993. I know this jersey is a replica, is that the only reason it does not have any additional cresting on the CCM tail tag?? And yes, I know the sharpie number on the back is hideous, what until you see what it looks like after I get "O'Neil" and 92 put on by RMC sports here in Edmonton. Thanks for any help you can give!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260958322161#ht_500wt_1413

Welcome! I don't know a whole lot about older jerseys but the "Tags and Tails" guide is for authentic jerseys, replicas don't follow that guide at all, especially the CCM tail tagging.

I know this jersey is a replica, is that the only reason it does not have any additional cresting on the CCM tail tag

Most likely. CCM replicas varied by year. I have two CCM replicas and neither of them have the team logo on the tail. Nothing to worry about there at all.

BrassBonanza, there is a lot of variation in tagging in replicas, even within the same brand and model- nothing to worry about in your case. There is often a strong resemblance between replica and authentic hem tags of the same time period, but as Rage mentioned earlier, the tails/tags guide is only for authentics- so again, don't worry about missing team logos or NHL shields on replicas, it doesn't mean they're not legit.

The CCM rink neck tag dates your replica to the mid-to-late 90's. I have around 10 of these replicas with that rink tag, and they all have CCM block hem logos just like yours. Most have team logos next to them, but others don't (All-Star jerseys, for example).

I even have multiple copies of some CCM replicas that are identical in style/model, but made during a transition period so the neck tag and hem logo are different between them. One of them had a sewn-on patch hem logo which I stripped because I wanted to put it on a different jersey, and I was surprised to find an old red, white and blue screened logo underneath!

And, welcome to the forum!

This is the first "Vintage Hockey" fake I've seen with double elbows, though.