It is good or not?

lafountain

I'm new here I was wondering if these jerseys are any good. The first jersey looks like the color is a bit off. Thanks any help is appreciated.

My link

My link

They are both fakes.

The first one has a premier jersey jock tag, but it also has a black "authentic" jersey neck tag. A premier jersey has a silver neck tag and jock tag.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good catch- I should have seen that.

Those have been peddled for a while now. It's definitely fake. The funky Nike swoosh gives it away. Also, is there even a fight strap inside? I don't see a stitch box on the back. Stay away from it.

LOL So I emailed the guy and offered him $100 for it. He emails me back saying sure which I find very weird because usually the seller would always bargain with you. I too did not see the fight strap and I have a 1997 Nike and the Nike sign does not look anything like it. The reason I posted here is because a lot of people on here keep saying that Nike jerseys were never faked. I think we need to start a new post under Jerseys 101 and point out all the fake Center Ice and Nike jerseys, I will start one tonight.

The jersey looks good. As far as the NHL 08 tag goes, the Edge jersey came out back in 2007, and that's almost certainly when your jersey was made. You have the original version, called the 1.0, which was only used by all the teams for a very short time, before most players changed over to the newer 2.0 version, which to this day is still not sold for retail to the public except for specialty jerseys like the All-Stars. Reebok has been trying to get rid of the 1.0's since then, so you are not likely to see many 1.0's made more recently than that. If the jersey has tags hanging on the sleeves, look for a small white sticker with a date on it, which will tell you when the jersey was made. Sometimes the sticker is also on the wash tag on the inside of the jersey.

Hey thanks for all of this. I appreciate the explanation. I didn't end up winning the jersey, but will continue to be on the lookout. If Reebok no longer makes the 1.0, whats the deal with these: http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/new-york-rangers-jerseys/reebok-edge-authentic-new-york-rangers-home-jersey.html ?

Hey thanks for all of this. I appreciate the explanation. I didn't end up winning the jersey, but will continue to be on the lookout. If Reebok no longer makes the 1.0, whats the deal with these: http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/new-york-rangers-jerseys/reebok-edge-authentic-new-york-rangers-home-jersey.html ?

These are the new-for-2011/12 jerseys that Reebok is trying to pass off as authentics. Nobody uses these in the NHL, so it's a travesty that Reebok is even calling them authentics. They are decidedly inferior quality, made in Indonesia, not Canada, and are affectionately known in this forum as Indo-Edge. They are neither 1.0 nor 2.0, and are not exactly well-regarded here.

I received a Sharks jersey #31 Antti Niemi today, and I need you guys to confirm whether this is legit or fake. Sorry about the picture quality, had to use a cellphone camera. The necktag has a Canadian flag, in case you are wondering. It was just the shiny pic quality.

9561063.jpg

9561064.jpg

9561065.jpg

9561066.jpg

9561067.jpg

Edited by oiler99

I think it's fake but the pictures are really hard to make out, I'm pretty sure the silver neck tag is the premier (they are black for the authentic) as someone pointed out the other day...pic of the fight strap and how its attatched would be a for sure give away either way

It's definitely fake. Just a suggestion- if you avoid buying jerseys that are already customized, you'll decrease your chances of getting a fake to basically zero. You can always get blanks customized the way you want them. With a legit blank in your hands, you can really get to know the fit and finish of the materials from up close, and scrutinize the details like tags, logos, stitching, etc. With this knowledge you should immediately be able to increase your success rate tremendously.

So the website is essentially giving incorrect info by saying that these are made in Canada?

I believe so. If you look at all the jerseys offered for a given team, you will see that they make a distinction between new 2012 jerseys and older (2010-11) jerseys. If they were all Edge 1.0's there would be no need to do so. Plus the Indo Edge has a suggested retail price of $249, which is $50 cheaper than the Canadian-made 1.0's, and that's exactly what you see in the item descriptions. If you're thinking of ordering one, I would contact them first. The product code for the 2012 jersey will likely be 7237, whereas the older 1.0's should have the 7187 code.

So the website is essentially giving incorrect info by saying that these are made in Canada?

I contacted JerseyExpress a while back about ordering a 2012 Edge jersey and asked if they were indeed made in Canada (as their site says) and not Indonesia. Here's their response:

We are still investigating this and we do not have an answer yet. We were

told some of the teams like Winnipeg are made in Canada. The only problem is

they are on back order until April. So when they come in we will be able to

check the tag to see where they are made.

I then asked if all the 2012 Edge jerseys were back ordered until April and got this response:

No not all of them. Just some teams. However, I do not know

until I try to order them. There are some I know for sure that are not

available and some that I have to ask.

First time I have posted in this forum...I have this available to me and need the help of the experts. People with Ducks Thirds, what do you think?

Sorry about the photo sizes...best I could do for detail.

Looks good to me, like someone else said, blanks aren't generally faked (I think some of the older rare jersey are, but edges aren't)

I contacted JerseyExpress a while back about ordering a 2012 Edge jersey and asked if they were indeed made in Canada (as their site says) and not Indonesia. Here's their response:

We are still investigating this and we do not have an answer yet. We were

told some of the teams like Winnipeg are made in Canada. The only problem is

they are on back order until April. So when they come in we will be able to

check the tag to see where they are made.

I then asked if all the 2012 Edge jerseys were back ordered until April and got this response:

No not all of them. Just some teams. However, I do not know

until I try to order them. There are some I know for sure that are not

available and some that I have to ask.

Before I got my Jets from JerseyBaron on eBay I was trying to get one from JerseyExpress and called them and had a fairly lengthy conversation with them. They use a warehouse that a few other sellers use, they don't carry their own inventory so thats why they "don't know" if they are Canadian made or not for the ones they "have".

It's definitely fake. Just a suggestion- if you avoid buying jerseys that are already customized, you'll decrease your chances of getting a fake to basically zero. You can always get blanks customized the way you want them. With a legit blank in your hands, you can really get to know the fit and finish of the materials from up close, and scrutinize the details like tags, logos, stitching, etc. With this knowledge you should immediately be able to increase your success rate tremendously.

I am planning to focus on that. But I will ask for advice if there's some gem that I want.

I received a Sharks jersey #31 Antti Niemi today, and I need you guys to confirm whether this is legit or fake. Sorry about the picture quality, had to use a cellphone camera. The necktag has a Canadian flag, in case you are wondering. It was just the shiny pic quality.

There are some easy give-aways on Sharks thirds.

Counterfeiters frequently botch the laces:

The laces should be white

The grommets should be black. Counterfeits often have white or metallic grommets.

The grommets on counterfeits are often placed too high relative to the NHL shield.

I am planning to focus on that. But I will ask for advice if there's some gem that I want.

Of course you should. Actually, I didn't mean to say that you should never buy a customized jersey. It's just that since uh, how should I put this- you seem to have had some rather bad luck lately, it would simply be a safer idea to go with the blanks until you gain more experience and confidence to buy authentics, if you're going to do it on your own. But as others have said, you can always ask the advice of people here if you see something customized that you want.

Nope, it's fake.

The biggest giveaway is the neck lace. On authentics, the laces are much shorter than on replicas and are basically unable to be tied.