It is good or not?

lafountain

Hey guys, this is a 2 part question, more emphasis on the 2nd question but:

Im assuming no one would fake this, but assuming its legit, how much is it worth?

20120307165440.jpg

20120307165454.jpg

And the other question, what year would this have been worn (I know its a replica) for the sake of Customization, and who do you think? If i get it, im thinking Stevie Y or Lids.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a real replica. Not worth much.

Thats what I thought, i'll be getting it under 40 bucks, so thats nice, any idea on the years for it though?

You could probably get this on eBay for around $20 to $30, I would imagine. Since it's a replica, you could probably customize this jersey for any season from the mid-1980's to the mid-2000's, since the uniform had basically the same design through that whole time period. CCM made the jerseys for most of these years. Judging by the hem and sleeve logos, I would guess that this jersey was actually manufactured in the very late 1990's, ironically during a time when CCM wasn't doing the on-ice jerseys for the Wings. (The Wings were probably near the end of their Nike period). So if you don't care if the jersey bears a CCM logo, you could customize it for any time from the mid-80's to around 2007. If you want to customize it only for a CCM season, then avoid 1996-99 (Nike), 2000-2004 (Koho), and 2005-07 (Reebok). Since it's a replica and not an authentic, I believe most collectors here wouldn't have an issue if you customized it for a season after 1995, because the different brand jerseys look basically the same anyway.

Yeah, I missed the size.

I guess I'll back off and wait. Thanks for saving me $. :thumbsup:

But still, and I think Mike might have gotten what I was asking.

The middle bump of the 3's, is it supposed to be dead center or is the gap bigger on the bottom?

The sleeves look squared but the back #'s, are they different??

Any resident Hawks fans in the know?

The insides on the threes should have square right angles for both black and white layers, no small diagonals like on that Graham.

The insides on the threes should have square right angles for both black and white layers, no small diagonals like on that Graham.

Nice catch!

Now I gotta go check again. :thumbsup:

It amazes me all the little details that could be so easily overlooked.

I am well on my way to Chicago jersey nerdness!

(meant as a compliment in the highest form)

Did the Habs Authentic CCM Center Ice jerseys ever have white in them like this jersey because I checked NHLUniforms.com and all the jerseys from 1990 to 96 had red in them.

ScreenShot2012-03-08at101444AM.png

nhluniforms.com is a great resource, no doubt, but it is not always accurate.

Also, are you referring to the center of the crest, and mean blue, not red?

nhluniforms.com is a great resource, no doubt, but it is not always accurate.

Also, are you referring to the center of the crest, and mean blue, not red?

You see how the blue line runs acros the jersey but in the middle of the logo it's white and most of the Center Ice jerseys I've seen that white part is blue.

They are supposed to be blue in the center part surrounding the "H.". They only look white on the white jerseys. I'm still a bit confused by what you mean because earlier you said "the jerseys... had red in them."

They are supposed to be blue in the center part surrounding the "H.". They only look white on the white jerseys. I'm still a bit confused by what you mean because earlier you said "the jerseys... had red in them."

Look at the picture above and you can see inside the logo where the H is around it is white but in NHLUniforms.com that part of the jersey is blue.

Here this one is blue inside:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=4484&view=findpost&p=86293

BK is getting faked or a bad job on it?

numbers look weird

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wayne-Gretzky-LA-Kings-Third-Jersey-/180837644926?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1ac37a7e#ht_1611wt_1396

Edited by Digger

The jersey doesn't look fake to me; I think it's a real team-issued authentic. But you're right, the numbers and letters look off. Perhaps someone found a Gretzky-issued blank and then later customized it themselves? It'll be interesting to see what this sells for.

And didn't Gretzky wear 54?

Yes.

Another thing that bothers me is the too good to be true scenario.

A Gretzky BK, even a game issued and not worn, would run in the thousands of dollars.

Why take a chance at selling it for only a fraction of that?

Lastly and most important...the customization is off....no way that was done by the team.

Still, is it not possible that a jersey could be issued to the team, but not reach the game-issued stage (i.e., not custom-tailored, set-tagged, customized, etc.)? A blank team-issued, once out of the team's hands can have anything done to it by the collector who owns it, including having it customized inaccurately. Also, here is a Gretzky gamer from around the same year that's a size 56:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=34&lotid=330

However, I don't for one minute think this thing was game-worn or customized by the team, I just think that the jersey itself looks like a real authentic. But yes, if I were the seller I wouldn't start the bidding that low.

Still, is it not possible that a jersey could be issued to the team, but not reach the game-issued stage (i.e., not custom-tailored, set-tagged, customized, etc.)? A blank team-issued, once out of the team's hands can have anything done to it by the collector who owns it, including having it customized inaccurately. Also, here is a Gretzky gamer from around the same year that's a size 56:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=34&lotid=330

However, I don't for one minute think this thing was game-worn or customized by the team, I just think that the jersey itself looks like a real authentic. But yes, if I were the seller I wouldn't start the bidding that low.

It also can be a regular team issue but the guy added the additional CCM on the right hem. I've seen a lot of people do this on LA Kings jerseys just to have a double ccm. Also like said in the previous comments a jersey like that would sell for minimum $5000. I personally will not pay more then a $1000 for it if its legit.

its fake

Whats fake about it? Also I've heard that BK jerseys are being faked what is the best BK jersey to fake? Gretzky!

Edit: It looks like the fight strap has been added to the jersey. Here is Gretzky in one:

Wayne%203rd.png

Also here is a real game worn Tony Granato

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=5293369&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4536&scId=4536