EBay

Brilliant!

No Caps jersey looks good when it is customized with puffnuts' name on it. Not even when the jersey itself looks like a team issued jersey.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I am out of touch with the world...but since when does Game Worn jerseys become a canned food, that have an expiry date????????????

I've encountered some gamers that were ripe...

rimshot.gif

Just lost an Islanders Fisherman Away Authentic, went for 148.50 plus shipping. My limit was 106 (120 shipped), I ended up going 146 plus shipping.

I've never bought a CHL jersey and I am curious if they had ever sold blank authentic jerseys for retail since Rbk started making the jerseys. It looks like the jerseys from last year and this year offered on the CHL store (aka RCS) are all replica jerseys(no fight strap). The only authentics I've seen have been game worn.

I did some research on the WHL a couple years back and I found that only three teams (Seattle, Everett and Portland) sell authentic jerseys on their website. I've managed to get a couple others by contacting the team directly. Same for the OHL, I haven't seen any authentics on the team sites but I was able to get some by writing the team and asking specifically about blank jerseys for sale.

I did some research on the WHL a couple years back and I found that only three teams (Seattle, Everett and Portland) sell authentic jerseys on their website. I've managed to get a couple others by contacting the team directly. Same for the OHL, I haven't seen any authentics on the team sites but I was able to get some by writing the team and asking specifically about blank jerseys for sale.

For the ones you wrote in to the team and managed to get one, were they pricey?

Maybe I am out of touch with the world...but since when does Game Worn jerseys become a canned food, that have an expiry date????????????

eBay

I think that this is just to document the date range worn for this jersey (and probably this set).

Pretty funny use of words, though.

I think that this is just to document the date range worn for this jersey (and probably this set).

Pretty funny use of words, though.

Of course it would expire in early april, seeing the Sharks can't win a playoff series

rimshot.gif

Just lost an Islanders Fisherman Away Authentic, went for 148.50 plus shipping. My limit was 106 (120 shipped), I ended up going 146 plus shipping.

I wouldn't worry because Islanders Fisherman authentics aren't too hard to come by on ebay.

Not at all. The TBirds sell theirs for $199 and all the ones I purchased from the teams were as much or much less. My Plymouth Whalers jersey was $150.

Good to know :D I'll go write in to the Giants, thanks :thumbsup:

this one really ticks me off. Wrong font for the jersey and as we've beaten to death in the International section, the blue is Navy not Royal, which is inaccurate.

Miller Olympic

Well you can't fault the seller for Nike's poor decision to make the replicas the wrong color blue etc. But I do agree the seller's statement "The only thing missing from this jersey to make it 100% authentic is Ryan Miller's sweat" is a joke considering the wrong customization job.

I will say there are some teams that have not and will not sell blank authentics. Spokane and Prince Albert, to name two.

:unsure:

i don't think the Oceanic sell authentics either (but i have a gamer for sale) :thumbsup:

B)

That one's easy. You can clearly see the tags on the arm are for the vintage line yet the jersey has the center ice tag in the neck area which is what the real authentics had at the time.

IMG_5894.jpg?t=1269104087

IMG_5898.jpg?t=1269104089

I still have the hang tags on two of those jerseys. One is mine and one is my girlfriends (Lemieux and Jagr set). I bought them a year or so ago and told her she'd be dead if she took off the tags. lol

As far as the jersey, not only are the tags wrong, but the font is way off.

I bought them a year or so ago and told her she'd be dead if she took off the tags.

Do you two actually wear the jerseys with the tags still on?

What's wrong with that? I've done and still do that. When they're in the collar like that, it's easier to deal with than when they're on the sleeve. Matt, if you can't wear a jersey with the tags still on it, then you just aren't trying hard enough dude! :D :D