EBay

Brilliant!

I am not sure if anyone else posted this...

But the most expensive jersey I have ever laid my eyes upon...

$35,100 Jersey

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure if anyone else posted this...

But the most expensive jersey I have ever laid my eyes upon...

$35,100 Jersey

I was told second-hand through a friend that has done a lot of business with Joe Tomon that Crosby's black finals jersey from last season sold for $40k. :blink:

Who pays this kind of money? Really? I can understand paying a little extra so you know you have a piece of *real* NHL equipment, or if you want to take the "I have a hall of fame in my house" item kind of thing...but spending more than most cars are worth for a jersey that some guy wore? Wow.

If that's the most expensive jersey you guys have ever seen, then you're just not looking hard enough. :D

Still not hard enough

Can you say house downpayment.....I knew you could

Ooh good call!! I was looking for that one in particular but couldn't find it. These are people that have just waaaaay to much money.

I wish I had that problem.

Does anybody else think the title for this listing is hilarious?

Fedorov Jersey

I mean I'm sure there were other keywords that would attract more views from hockey fans than this...

anna-kournikova-20070518-257485.jpg

If that's the most expensive jersey you guys have ever seen, then you're just not looking hard enough. :D

That is BY FAR the best game used jersey that has EVER been sold in terms of historical significance and pure awesomeness!@!

wow...

i mean like its the one he drank from the cup in.. and won the cup in... and ya... wow.

Best. Jersey. EVER!.

That rookie year Gretzky dosent come close to how cool that Orr is. not even by a long shot.

Edited by Thelonious Sphere Monk

That is BY FAR the best game used jersey that has EVER been sold in terms of historical significance and pure awesomeness!@!

wow...

i mean like its the one he drank from the cup in.. and won the cup in... and ya... wow.

Best. Jersey. EVER!.

That rookie year Gretzky dosent come close to how cool that Orr is. not even by a long shot.

The Mark Wells 1980 USA "Miracle on Ice" game worn jersey that's floating around the hobby disagrees.

Whoa really? Wow, I never knew about that. I would be inclined to agree then. I didn't know any of those jerseys made it out.

The Mark Wells 1980 USA "Miracle on Ice" game worn jersey that's floating around the hobby disagrees.

Ya but no.

Bobby Orr cup jersey > wells gold medal jersey.

Besides its a USA jersey anyways so who cares!

Did i just say that?? I think i did! Wells who?? did he play hockey?? like come on.

You can have all your USA jerseys. Orr FTW.

2002 was the real Miracle on ice.

1980 was a team of amateurs who defeated the greatest hockey team in the world. 2002 was just professionals playing against each other. If you look at it from a non-homer perspective, there's no comparison really. From a sheer importance standpoint, the Wells jersey wins because of what it represents.

Ya but no.

Bobby Orr cup jersey > wells gold medal jersey.

Besides its a USA jersey anyways so who cares!

Did i just say that?? I think i did! Wells who?? did he play hockey?? like come on.

You can have all your USA jerseys. Orr FTW.

2002 was the real Miracle on ice.

I'm pretty sure the players from the 1980 USA team have gotten monetary offers for their jerseys that trump the Orr jersey. So in terms of pure value, I think the Eruzione or Jim Craig white game-worn jerseys from the Miracle on Ice could be the most "valuable" jerseys of all time.

A Hamilton Tigers gamer would probably be the most valuable, but nobody is sure if any still exist.

Whoa really? Wow, I never knew about that. I would be inclined to agree then. I didn't know any of those jerseys made it out.

Yea I just found out about it last week during my Norcon USA research. Wells is the only player to have sold his, thus far. The guy from Dropthepucks.com owned it for a day then resold it. Not sure who owns it now. It's been at a few Meigray Expo's though.

813390638_dc81e73b24_o.jpg

813390844_fcc66b8d89_o.jpg

I was surprised to see the nameplates were twill. Had to switch up my order from Vintagehockeyclassics.com for that.

I'm pretty sure the players from the 1980 USA team have gotten monetary offers for their jerseys that trump the Orr jersey. So in terms of pure value, I think the Eruzione or Jim Craig white game-worn jerseys from the Miracle on Ice could be the most "valuable" jerseys of all time.

A Hamilton Tigers gamer would probably be the most valuable, but nobody is sure if any still exist.

The fact of the matter is it still a team USA jersey. Orr transcends boarders. that jersey is pure USA hockey.

Just cuz some rich americans offered a million for it dosent make it better then a Orr jersey. I bet no russians made offers on it.

I even bet Crosbys Gold medal jersey already had bigger offers the USA ones 1980 but its all just speculation.

Oof...that doesn't bode too well for Wells huh? If he had to sell THAT, he might have been hurting for dough.

I'm surprised I didn't see that at the last MeiGray expo actually. I definitely would have checked it out.

The fact of the matter is it still a team USA jersey. Orr transcends boarders. that jersey is pure USA hockey.

Just cuz some rich americans offered a million for it dosent make it better then a Orr jersey. I bet no russians made offers on it.

I even bet Crosbys Gold medal jersey already had bigger offers the USA ones 1980 but its all just speculation.

Your bias is pretty obnoxious, but whatever. The thing with the 1980 Team USA jerseys is that they transcend the game of hockey for collectors. Collectors who could give a crap about hockey want those jerseys, thus the demand shoots through the roof. The fact of the matter is that major hockey collectors have valued those jerseys higher than any other that are known to exist (the Hamilton Tigers jersey is the exception because nobody knows if there are any out there). I think you'll be rather shocked when some of those finally hit the market. The prices are going to be beyond outrageous. People who collect jerseys as their livelihood expect those jerseys to go for more than the Orr or the Gretzky posted in this thread.

Also, what's "better" and what's "more valuable" are two totally different things. What's better is completely subjective to the individual collector. What's more valuable, in terms of this discussion, is which jerseys goes for the most money on auction.

Oof...that doesn't bode too well for Wells huh? If he had to sell THAT, he might have been hurting for dough.

I'm surprised I didn't see that at the last MeiGray expo actually. I definitely would have checked it out.

Yea, I had heard Wells was in tough shape when he sold his two jerseys. I know Eruzione keeps his jerseys and his gold medal in a safe deposit box in a prominent bank in Boston. Not sure what the point of that is but I guess they're safe. Harrington's blue jersey (gold medal game) is in Lake Placid at their Olympic Museum and O'Callahan's white jersey (Miracle on ice vs. USSR) is at the HHOF in Toronto on loan. All the others are still in the hands of the players, to my knowledge.

The pre-Olympic jerseys from that team have been up for sale a bunch though. Most have gone for about $20K+. They were a bit different than the Olympic ones though. The USA was diagonal down the chest and they didn't have stars on the shoulders. The cut was a bit smaller too which the players complained about.

As promised:

The top (Lemieux) is fake, bottom is the real deal

The third pic shows what I meant by one-piece fabric. The colours are dyed into the fabric.

can1.jpg

can2.jpg

can3.jpg

hows about this one on ebay now?!?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2002-Team-Canada-authentic-S-Yzerman-jersey_W0QQitemZ150427989700QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU_Hockey_Fan_Shop?hash=item230634f6c4

Looks real..dosent the IIHF patch belong on the inside of the jersey?

Edited by Thelonious Sphere Monk

This seller on ebay has posted a CCM On Ice Authentic Flyers Jersey. It looks like what they wore in 1979-1980. The only thing that bothers me is that it is a size 54 which could be a red flag that the item is fake. It it truly an authentic CCM jersey?

Here is the address:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220578932182&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This seller on ebay has posted a CCM On Ice Authentic Flyers Jersey. It looks like what they wore in 1979-1980. The only thing that bothers me is that it is a size 54 which could be a red flag that the item is fake. It it truly an authentic CCM jersey?

Here is the address:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220578932182&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

That legit, it's from the vintage line of a few years ago.