EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come the gamer is mesh and the ebay authentic isn't?

Nike remade the Oilers 80s jerseys in the 90's. I haven't seen too many of them (I have one) and it is made of ultrafil material. I guess they didn't want to make them exactly as they were in case people try to pawn them off as the 80's version I guess.

What do you mean?

http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/images/Ed/88-89Gelinasfrt.jpg

That's totally legit. The only problem is Gretzky never wore it.

AHH!

That's the 1st time I've seen one put in that location.

Is this a legit authentic? http://tinyurl.com/y5l8c88

Yup. That looks good to me. The strap looks good and so does the CCM and shield embroidery on the hem. Usually you don't see blank jerseys get faked.

Yup. That looks good to me. The strap looks good and so does the CCM and shield embroidery on the hem. Usually you don't see blank jerseys get faked.

Dent_the_twine strikes again...

Curtis Joseph Yotes jersey he outbid me on for $45

Same jersey but now listed for a Buy it now $200

I really have no problem with what he is doing. The first auction had a horrible picture and short description which could have affected the selling price. He won the item for dirt cheap and if he can sell the same thing for double or triple the price by posting better pictures and having a better description then why not.

I don't see anything wrong at first sight. Jersey's legit.

I don't see anything wrong at first sight. Jersey's legit.

is the CCM on the neck above the name plate normal?

I thought it would have the CCM + puck down on the hem not just the shield?

is the CCM on the neck above the name plate normal?

I thought it would have the CCM + puck down on the hem not just the shield?

In 2000-2001 the manufacturer logos were moved to below the collar on the back. Despite using the same style, the 1999-2000 ASG jerseys had the CCM logo on the hem, but the 2000-2001 style shown in that auction correctly has it below the neck on the back.

As for the puck vs the shield, the NHL shield is used on authentic jerseys. CCM replicas used the puck on the hem.

In 2000-2001 the manufacturer logos were moved to below the collar on the back. Despite using the same style, the 1999-2000 ASG jerseys had the CCM logo on the hem, but the 2000-2001 style shown in that auction correctly has it below the neck on the back.

As for the puck vs the shield, the NHL shield is used on authentic jerseys. CCM replicas used the puck on the hem.

See! I would of NEVER of known that without the existence of this forum! I would of passed it off as a hack. Little on the pricey side but a very nice jersey indeed!

This form is so informative it not even funny.

HIGH FIVE TO EVERYONE! <BORAT STYLE>

First post here! Been reading this forum for a while now, great source for info and references on hockey jerseys.

Anyways, my question for this auction is the standard "is it authentic or a knockoff":

http://cgi.ebay.com/RBK-Patrick-Kane-Winter-Classic-Jersey-New-w-Tags-L-50-/280493944986?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel&hash=item414ebdf09a

It's a great price too for a WC Classic Kane Jersey and I would love to have this start off my collection if it is legit!

Thanks for the quick reply! Sometimes the price is too good to be true and my gut was telling me not to go for it!

Yeah 99% of the WC jerseys you find on ebay are fake knockoffs. It's VERY VERY rare to find a legit WC jersey on ebay. For a legit, your best bet is retail - Sports K, nhl.com, here at IJ, etc. I had the same problem when looking for an '08 WC jersey - I couldn't find a real one!!

that doesn't look any different than the other 400 knockoff WC Hawks jerseys on ebay. take your time and look through all the listings, there are legit ones listed, I just got a blank one the other day for a decent price. general rule- if it's too good to be true, it is.

I wouldn't pay more than 20 cent for that jersey.

that's 20 cents more then I would pay for it.

That one flew right over your head ;)

meh, I forgot about Kanes taxi cab affairs long time ago.