EBay

Brilliant!

Just have a few questions...

Has anyone bought from 20_West? I'm looking not only at a few kits, but also some of his customized jerseys and I'm wondering if they're legit. Here are his items: http://shop.ebay.com/20_west/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=200

The other thing I'm looking at is this guy's Olympic jerseys, and I'm wondering if they're decent: http://cgi.ebay.com/DUNCAN-KEITH-2010-TEAM-CANADA-OLYMPIC-JERSEY-HAWKS-/120556189129?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c11b575c9

Thanks in advance.

Pacific Coast is awesome. Customization is good and they are super fast on the turnaround in my lone experience with them.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just have a few questions...

Has anyone bought from 20_West? I'm looking not only at a few kits, but also some of his customized jerseys and I'm wondering if they're legit. Here are his items: http://shop.ebay.com/20_west/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=200

The other thing I'm looking at is this guy's Olympic jerseys, and I'm wondering if they're decent: http://cgi.ebay.com/DUNCAN-KEITH-2010-TEAM-CANADA-OLYMPIC-JERSEY-HAWKS-/120556189129?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c11b575c9

Thanks in advance.

I bought a Lindros Leafs third replica from 20_west and was quite happy with it. The nameplate is twill but oh well....I wear that to games so it doesn't bother me.

They did the same thing last year after the Pens won the cup. A full team set with finals patches.

Quite expensive, but it would be cool to have a set like that especially from a Stanley Cup winning season.

Edit: just did the math and I gotta admit I'm shocked there's not more of a discount for buying 25 jerseys at once. At $6900 it's $276 per jersey, not a bargain if you ask me.

Edited by akteon

yup. I did the math earlier too and I kinda just rolled my eyes at the price. For 25 Crosbys or a mix of the stars that people might actually shell out for, but for the whole team including all the AHLers/3rd and 4th line grinders.... might as well wait for those guys gamers to pop up :P

Just be careful with his auctions as it seems he's shill bidding. I always wondered how his auctions got so high, especially on the Montreal Roy and Gretzky Kings he just sold, which I've seen sell for much less than he got (I got my Roy Habs size 54 for $125, his sold for $325) and if you look at his current and completed listings, there is a user r***t with a 7 feedback score that always bids on his auctions in small increments.

I also found it curious that after the first day of bidding his jerseys would be at about $125 across the board......

Just be careful with his auctions as it seems he's shill bidding. I always wondered how his auctions got so high, especially on the Montreal Roy and Gretzky Kings he just sold, which I've seen sell for much less than he got (I got my Roy Habs size 54 for $125, his sold for $325) and if you look at his current and completed listings, there is a user r***t with a 7 feedback score that always bids on his auctions in small increments.

I also found it curious that after the first day of bidding his jerseys would be at about $125 across the board......

I ended up winning on the early 1990's red CCM authentic Caps jersey ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230457010154 ) from him, but didn't notice about that user bidding and now that you mention it, there may have also been some shill bidding on the jersey I won from him both early on and then after I started bidding, but it wasn't from that user, it was from a user called h***o (feedback of 2) that made me indecisive on my increments (that's why if you look on the bid history you see a lot from someone called m***2 trying to fend that person off). I haven't been able to post pics of it yet as I seem to have lost the wire that connects my flash card from the camera to the computer. Despite all of that mess, it is a high quality jersey that lives up to his description- the quality was pretty much up to what he said about it, but the stitching on the Center Ice/Mise au Jeu tag was a little loose on one side and just from trying it on after I got it and then wearing it a few times, that tag actually came off on one side- I'll live. No other loose threads (even on the inside), pulls, or stains of any kind, and the fight strap looks right and was in almost perfect shape - not at all rusted or dented or frayed, velcro still sticks well, etc. I'm actually somewhat afraid of washing it b/c its in such good shape.

Have yet to decide who I'm going to put on it, but I'm leaning Langway. Since I'm not actually sure what season it's from between being from either 1992-93 or 1993-94, that might be problematic as Langway wore the "C" for part of the year in 1992-93 and then Kevin Hatcher took over from November 1992 for the rest of the season- surprising as it is now, Hunter wasn't named captain until the 1994-95 season), but I do have some other players in mind. When I asked him if he knew more specifically about the year it was made (I said it was for customization purposes), he wasn't sure, he just knew it was "early 1990's" (as was in the description). When I asked him if he knew more information than what he had put in the description, he said he didn't and that "jerseys without the 100 year Stanley Cup Patch are not from 1993 season." He seemed nice enough about not knowing what year it was from (I didn't tell him I had already narrowed it down to possibly being from that year when I asked him) and based on his jerseys before and after being somewhat detailed about the year, I think his lack of more specific knowledge was genuine. Maybe someone can help me figure it out. Because it has the NHL shield next to the CCM tag (style is white blocks with blue letters), the earliest it could be from is 1990-91. There is an off-chance that it could be from Set 2 of 1989-90, but I really doubt that CCM started adding the NHL shield mid-season or whatever for authentics, they probably just did it for gamers. Either way, the neck tags for those 2 seasons don't match up with the one in the jersey. Based on Capsjerseys.com, I photomatched the neck tag in mine to being from either 1992-93 or 1993-94 season- it matches with the CCM neck tag shown by Capsjerseys.com for 1992-93 and 1993-94 (unless someone has a really good detailed pic of a 1991-92 neck tag, b/c Capsjerseys.com didn't). There's also an off-chance that it could somehow have been made between 1993-94 and 1994-95, but the neck tag changed for 1994-95 and doesn't match mine. It can't be any newer than that, because the Caps ditched the jersey for the new color scheme for 1995-96. Regardless, it's missing a patch for one of those years (1991-92 was the NHL-wide 75th Anniversary patch, 1992-93 was the aforementioned NHL-wide Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary patch, and 1993-94 was the Caps 20th Anniversary patch), but since I don't think there's any way to know for sure what year it was made in since there was no "born-on date" sticker (unless someone knows of another way to figure it out that I haven't thought of), it's actually for the best for now that it doesn't have a patch- I'd rather have it missing a patch than have the wrong one on it.

Holy wall of text! :lol:

That's why you should snipe. That jersey is good from 1990 to 95. Legit or good reproductions of the patches for those years can be easily found. Capsjerseys.com is about as good of a resource as there is so there really is no need to overthink things.

I never bid on his stuff. 1) I cant afford to and 2) I am very suspicious of him. Like you said, his stuff seems to get expensive and he has some rare jerseys (Whalers, Nordiques, early North Stars). What are the odds?

I never bid on his stuff. 1) I cant afford to and 2) I am very suspicious of him. Like you said, his stuff seems to get expensive and he has some rare jerseys (Whalers, Nordiques, early North Stars). What are the odds?

I agree about the shill bidding possibility, but honestly those are rare jerseys that came from a collection. I mean its not unreasonable to think a guy a lot of money back then and bought a lot of jerseys and is selling them off at a profit now.

When Ebay changed their policy when it comes to showing who is bidding on items it opened up the floodgates to shill bidding. It used to be a lot easier to nail shill bidders because you could see exactly who was bidding on the item but now it's a free for all. What does Ebay care, the shill bidding makes prices go higher which makes them more money but yeah his auctions are definently fishy considering that some of his stuff sells for double or triple of what it would usually sell for.

I bought the signed Larry Murphy jersey from him, and asked him where he found this gold mine of jerseys. He said he had a ton of jerseys from collecting in the past, but saw no use for them anymore and knew they were worth money.

:unsure:

the nameplate on the Modano isn't right.

i've seen the jerseys he's had on ebay and there's some nice ones, trouble is they're all 52's (bad for me) but he sure knows how to fill 'em out!!

;)

:unsure:

the nameplate on the Modano isn't right.

i've seen the jerseys he's had on ebay and there's some nice ones, trouble is they're all 52's (bad for me) but he sure knows how to fill 'em out!!

;)

I also thought there was something a bit "off" about the Modano nameplate when I saw that one but wasn't sure if maybe it was my screen. I find the quality of the early 90's Caps jersey I got from him to be quite excellent even though that NHL-mandated Center Ice/Mise Au Jeu tag that wouldn't be on a gamer (but was on authentics in the 1990s b/c of NHL marketing, etc.) was somewhat loose and fell off on one side after I got it from wearing it. While the price ended up being somewhat steeper than I'd imagined it would get, it wasn't as overpriced as some other Caps jerseys have been (such as the badly customized Ridley and Gonchar). Since mine was not customized and doesn't look like it ever was, I didn't have to consider the customization quality when deciding whether to bid. Even on the inside of the jersey with every star and all the individual letters and the stick/puck that combined to form an authentic Caps "crest" in the pre-1996 red or white styles being sewn on separately [rather than that awful patch that CCM used on some replicas and eventually on the "vintage" 550], not one other loose thread on the whole jersey anywhere. As a result, since I wear a 52 in CCM, if he were to put up something else Caps in either CCM authentic or Reebok Edge that had been customized either at or reasonably near the time the jersey was made, I'd have the opposite problem- I'd get more interested rather than less, which would probably be bad for me at the moment financially.

However, there was one issue with mine that some people might have a problem with as far as getting the customization done on a blank as authentically as possible that has not yet been brought up- his knowledge of when a jersey is from is sometimes somewhat spotty. Some listed before and after mine have been very specific regarding the year it was from, but others are not as specific. His currently-listed Devils Xmas-style jersey is listed as being "pre-1993." Mine was listed as being from the "early 1990's." While I've photomatched the neck tag to being from one of two possible seasons b/c of capsjerseys.com, if it weren't a Caps jersey, I'm not sure if I would have been able to do that as easily on a jersey from another team. nhluniforms.com isn't as detailed regarding subtle changes like neck tags (I don't know if CCM changed them league-wide from year to year or on a team-by-team basis) and fight strap styles. nhluniforms.com also doesn't show proper "C" and "A" styles, and I haven't seen a jersey history quite as detailed as capsjerseys.com for any other team. Another thing to think about for any of his future auctions of non-customized jerseys.

I bought the signed Larry Murphy jersey from him, and asked him where he found this gold mine of jerseys. He said he had a ton of jerseys from collecting in the past, but saw no use for them anymore and knew they were worth money.

Yeah, I suppose your right. Maybe it's cause I never get rid of anything.

The numbers look ok but the name is a tiny bit off.

The numbers look ok but the name is a tiny bit off.

How much off is it?

Here is a gamer. I can see small differences on the E, C, N, and K.

roenick gamer

Good catch TMLFAN, the gamer lettering is definitely taller and even a bit thinner than the one in auction.