EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sandow SK tags shouldn't be on a reproduction...

There's a chance the jersey is actually from Sandow. That seller gets a lot of reproduction jerseys directly from the older companies.

In other words, that could be a Sandow reproduction that's actually made by Sandow. The guy sells Pedersons reproductions made by Pedersons.

I'm just wondering how the reproductions compare to the originals in terms of quality.

I talked to the seller hockeygear13 on the phone a few days ago in reference to his 1980 USA hockey jerseys on his website (by the way, I had no idea he was an eBay user at the time...just contacted him through his site). Here's the gist of what he said...

He's been an avid hockey jersey collector for decades. Loves the old style jerseys and knows some people that run the older jersey companies (Pederson's, I'm guessing Sandow, etc). He asks them to reproduce a jersey for him and they do it to exact specs according to how they were made back in the day. He then sells these jerseys on his website. Every jersey sold on his site is custom made to order, so he holds no inventory. Unfortunately this means he doesn't have pictures of the reproductions on his site for some jerseys so he just posts photos of the originals. Therefore it's tough to know what you're getting in the reproduction of some of the jerseys. This is the case for the 1980 USA jerseys.

In the case of the Whalers jersey, it seems the reproduction wasn't exactly perfect given the fight strap issue. How's the actually quality of the jersey though (weight, materials, etc)?

The quality itself is actually pretty good in my opinion. The mesh is pro-weight and overall it is an excellent jersey

Judging by how old those tags look, it wouldn't surprise me if that's just an original without a fight strap.

Judging by how old those tags look, it wouldn't surprise me if that's just an original without a fight strap.

Well that's what I'd thought....that this may have been a mistake like the Starter jerseys of the mid-90s that were authentics sans fight strap.

I talked to the seller hockeygear13 on the phone a few days ago in reference to his 1980 USA hockey jerseys on his website (by the way, I had no idea he was an eBay user at the time...just contacted him through his site). Here's the gist of what he said...

He's been an avid hockey jersey collector for decades. Loves the old style jerseys and knows some people that run the older jersey companies (Pederson's, I'm guessing Sandow, etc). He asks them to reproduce a jersey for him and they do it to exact specs according to how they were made back in the day. He then sells these jerseys on his website. Every jersey sold on his site is custom made to order, so he holds no inventory. Unfortunately this means he doesn't have pictures of the reproductions on his site for some jerseys so he just posts photos of the originals. Therefore it's tough to know what you're getting in the reproduction of some of the jerseys. This is the case for the 1980 USA jerseys.

In the case of the Whalers jersey, it seems the reproduction wasn't exactly perfect given the fight strap issue. How's the actually quality of the jersey though (weight, materials, etc)?

He's located in my hometown, what was his name? be curious to find out if I know him.

He's located in my hometown, what was his name? be curious to find out if I know him.

Never got a last name. I'll probably call him again tonight in regards to the 1980 USA jersey so I'll find out then.

That guy says he has about 5 Luongos in varying sizes. He was also one of the first to sell fake Crosby authentics on ebay, so I'm abit worried that maybe he has one legit one as stock pictures and sends a bad one. Hopefully not though...

I need a serious favour. How much is this jersey worth?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-96-97-CCM-Authentic-NY-Islanders-Jersey-48-NWOT_W0QQitemZ130372660805QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU_Hockey_Fan_Shop?hash=item1e5ad0ee45#ht_500wt_1182

I was going to offer him 100 because that was the last year they wore them and the year Kasparaitis wore the A. He won't ship to Canada.

I need a serious favour. How much is this jersey worth?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-96-97-CCM-Authentic-NY-Islanders-Jersey-48-NWOT_W0QQitemZ130372660805QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU_Hockey_Fan_Shop?hash=item1e5ad0ee45#ht_500wt_1182

I was going to offer him 100 because that was the last year they wore them and the year Kasparaitis wore the A. He won't ship to Canada.

His buy it now is actually a pretty reasonable price based on what some of those have sold for. If he won't ship to Canada then don't waste your time on it.

On a similar note, anybody looking for an authentic North Stars jersey? It'll cost you.

Authentic North Stars

Any thoughts on this jersey? He wanted 400 and sold it for 270. There is another one on eBay for 499.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220566595691&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

There are a couple problems with the one you posted. The all star patch is wrong, it should have a white border and it should have the small trademark and copyright symbols on the bottom where the shield is. The yellow bordered patch that they used was for the bruins jerseys. Second, they put the name on a nameplate which is incorrect, they used nameplates for the 94 all-star game but for the 96 and 97 they didn't.

Ugh....devastating news. lol

Thought I had a gotten myself a deece jersey for a decent price.

well the patch can be changed easily enough but removing the nameplate may be an issue. If you can live with the nameplate just buy the proper patch and change it. If you can't live with it having a nameplate you can try removing it and hoping it doesn't leave any residue behind. If you can get the nameplate off clean then just take the letters off the nameplate and sew them directly to the jersey.

If you wan't reference pictures Meigray has a game-used Lemieux all star jersey on there website.

I knew I should have taken my time, but I'd been looking for awhile and just jumped on it. Either way, if the nameplate is the worst thing, I can totally live with that.

Are the Lightning third jerseys (storm ones) made by Starter good quality?

His buy it now is actually a pretty reasonable price based on what some of those have sold for. If he won't ship to Canada then don't waste your time on it.

On a similar note, anybody looking for an authentic North Stars jersey? It'll cost you.

Authentic North Stars

I wanted to know if anyone here would offer him 100 for it and if he goes for it I will pay the 100 and shipping both to you and to me, and forever be in debt to you.