Ebay 2.0

JeffB

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I meant was that Fedorov wasn't on the team in 1989-90 and therefore that also makes the jersey wrong. The Wings switched from ultrafil to air-knit starting in 1990-91. They also tilted the winged-wheel crest so that the wing was up higher on the chest. Those two facts make that style a one-year jersey worn only in 1989-90. Anything beyond that doesn't work if you're a stickler for accuracy.

I wanted to buy it and strip it but I think the coloring of those letters is not going to come off that white ultrafil. It's sad to see such a great jersey become trash. I always wanted an Ultrafil Wings jersey.

I wanted to buy it and strip it but I think the coloring of those letters is not going to come off that white ultrafil. It's sad to see such a great jersey become trash. I always wanted an Ultrafil Wings jersey.

The numbers would be the least of my worries.

I'm betting that 75th patch has been heat pressed on and would leave a ton of glue when removed.

Not to mention its a 48. :noway:

Either people who had money to buy an authentic back in the day were much smaller or these were the most produced size that just never sold and were stored away - I have seen a ton of really desireable, crisp jerseys in size 44 / 48 popping up lately.

BOOOOOOOOO

IMO that price is bang on. I would not let it go for cheap.

He was the best player/MVP of the entire tournament

If it was the stanley cup playoffs, He would of won the Conn Smyth as a losing player.

lol @ second link... 237 for that. one of those sat on ebay for $120 for 3 months

lol @ second link... 237 for that. one of those sat on ebay for $120 for 3 months

Yeah I was watching, very skeptical considering who the seller was. Threw a bid on it with a couple of hours left well above what the current bid was just for S&G's. Lo and behold, 20 minutes later, outbid. I ###### near peed myself when I saw the final bid.

I see some people have been to that sale over at SVP and are now selling their recent transactions on eBay. It looks like most were bought around $30 to $60 and are now being sold for $200.

In order to be sucuessfull in business you must conquer the three demons.

Friends. Family. Religion.

Right? Mr. Burns said so! :)

P.S. its not me.

Edited by Thelonious Sphere Monk

As someone very unfamiliar with that jersey, what are the big tells that it's a fake? Thanks in advance...

initially the fight strap, check out the back picture. its like a tiny little square. the sleeves are pretty mishapen. and check out the front pic, it looks like they tried to edit out the reebok logo on the neck. bad bad bad

For a RETAIL authentic!?!? :rolleyes:

I don't think there were ever authentics retailed. The only non-gamer/GI authentic I have ever seen was without a fight strap. Hell the the 550s regularly go for over $300.

To hopefully in advance save someone alot of cash. That Gretzky BK is just a replica that's been altered.

The give-aways are a couple things. First The Crest on the right side should have a further spacing away from the collar. This was something Lightning_4 (Ricky) had actually noticed quite a few years ago. The team issued/gamers had the crest sewn further to the right, while the CCM 550's were pretty closely heat sealed towards the neck. Also the interior neck construction does not match with the gamer construction. It's sewn together differently at the neck seam. But the other noticeable points are the "double elbow" stitching is zig-zag stitched with white thread instead of the light grey thread which was used and the spacing of the stitches is too close together in depth. Also the placement of the size 56 fly tag should be directly in the middle of the jersey not off to the left.

The CCM and NHL Shields are embroidered after the fact and look very accurate though.

So in short, One Grand for a poorly customized Gretzky BK with an added fight strap, and added elbows and tagging swap is not a good investment. Buy a mint with tags replica for $400, get the kit for $50 and save 50% off of ebay pricing without any of the work to strip and salvage :thumbsup:

To hopefully in advance save someone alot of cash. That Gretzky BK is just a replica that's been altered.

The give-aways are a couple things. First The Crest on the right side should have a further spacing away from the collar. This was something Lightning_4 (Ricky) had actually noticed quite a few years ago. The team issued/gamers had the crest sewn further to the right, while the CCM 550's were pretty closely heat sealed towards the neck. Also the interior neck construction does not match with the gamer construction. It's sewn together differently at the neck seam. But the other noticeable points are the "double elbow" stitching is zig-zag stitched with white thread instead of the light grey thread which was used and the spacing of the stitches is too close together in depth. Also the placement of the size 56 fly tag should be directly in the middle of the jersey not off to the left.

The CCM and NHL Shields are embroidered after the fact and look very accurate though.

So in short, One Grand for a poorly customized Gretzky BK with an added fight strap, and added elbows and tagging swap is not a good investment. Buy a mint with tags replica for $400, get the kit for $50 and save 50% off of ebay pricing without any of the work to strip and salvage :thumbsup:

Very informative, seeing pics here you are spot on.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=5293369&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4536&scId=4536

Someone sure went to a whole lot of trouble to make it look like an authentic, but he couldn't fool you. Great post.

Yeah that is definitely right. Its impressive the work they did but even more that people figured it out. Sadly I bet someone would still buy it.

I wish I can find a BK with tags for $400