Ebay 2.0

JeffB

To hopefully in advance save someone alot of cash. That Gretzky BK is just a replica that's been altered.

The give-aways are a couple things. First The Crest on the right side should have a further spacing away from the collar. This was something Lightning_4 (Ricky) had actually noticed quite a few years ago. The team issued/gamers had the crest sewn further to the right, while the CCM 550's were pretty closely heat sealed towards the neck. Also the interior neck construction does not match with the gamer construction. It's sewn together differently at the neck seam. But the other noticeable points are the "double elbow" stitching is zig-zag stitched with white thread instead of the light grey thread which was used and the spacing of the stitches is too close together in depth. Also the placement of the size 56 fly tag should be directly in the middle of the jersey not off to the left.

The CCM and NHL Shields are embroidered after the fact and look very accurate though.

So in short, One Grand for a poorly customized Gretzky BK with an added fight strap, and added elbows and tagging swap is not a good investment. Buy a mint with tags replica for $400, get the kit for $50 and save 50% off of ebay pricing without any of the work to strip and salvage :thumbsup:

stay away!!!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like that Gretzky "team issue" Burger King jersey got taken down. I wonder if someone called him on it, or he decided to try to sell it locally.

I emailed him and told him that the jersey is a replica and I offered him $400. Then I also told him that he might get in a lot of trouble for lying to people. He then told me that his girlfriend purchased the jersey for him and he does not know where she got it from. I told if you don't know why would you lie to people and say that you got the jersey from the Kings equipment manager. Then he starter apologizing and I guess he toke it down. He also said he had two offers of $1700. It was a to good to be true thing for me and that's is why I offers him $400 :)

Yeah, really jerk move, instead of helping out people who wanted stuff but couldn't go to the store

Do you expect that guy to do anything different? He's a known jackass. Sad part is somebody will give him that much, too.

Do you expect that guy to do anything different? He's a known jackass. Sad part is somebody will give him that much, too.

He took it down because I told him its a replica. I'm actuly going to meet with him later today and he said that he did not know it was a replica. If it's a XL I might pick it up for $400.

Fight starp cut and a few stains, plus he claims a 52, more likely a 56 or 58, but a capitals screaming eagle 1996-1997 (not Cup Finals year) home jersey. Would look good if you get the proper JB Bulldog patch, like this guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130662463994?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

DSCN1081.jpg

Signed authentic TBTC Wings Fedorov size 52 for $300 buy it now, have at it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300676705797?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

That one looks very familiar and it's because it used to be mine! The back numbers are incorrect unfortunately.

Yeah the numbers do look small. How much did this person buy it for because I want to email him and ask him for a discount. If I can get it for $200 that would be nice.

I was watching that but I forgot about it. Oh well.

I can't seam to figure out if it's a 2 layer tackle twill on the back numbers and the name?

What else would it be?

I've seen the red painted on and made to look like a 2 layer but not anything made by Cosby. Idk I think I'm seeing stuff.

I've seen the red painted on and made to look like a 2 layer but not anything made by Cosby. Idk I think I'm seeing stuff.

The red layer is only "painted on" when you see a s***ty replica from Modells, Sports Authority, shop.nhl.com etc, and only for Reebok jerseys. Accurate authentics are ALWAYS stitched in multiple layers.

The red layer is only "painted on" when you see a s***ty replica from Modells, Sports Authority, shop.nhl.com etc, and only for Reebok jerseys. Accurate authentics are ALWAYS stitched in multiple layers.

I don't know about that. Aside from Rangers jerseys, Don't some NHL teams actually use the "subli-stitch"? Did not the All Star jerseys have it as well?

I don't know about that. Aside from Rangers jerseys, Don't some NHL teams actually use the "subli-stitch"? Did not the All Star jerseys have it as well?

Yeah, I meant Rangers jerseys. I know the Preds use subli-stitch, but I don't know of any other teams that do.

Yeah, I meant Rangers jerseys. I know the Preds use subli-stitch, but I don't know of any other teams that do.

The Bruins do for their numbering.

The black and gold "layers" on the name and numbers is actually printed on, and white zig zag stitching is on the white thin stripe in between

IMG_0474.jpgIMG_0473.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-ADAM-GRAVES-CENTER-ICE-CCM-JERSEY-FIGHT-STRAP-NHL-/280843369874?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item416391bd92

I forget who on here bought this, but I see it's being re-sold. Whoever it is, if you're willing to sell it for around what you paid for it, please shoot me a PM.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-ADAM-GRAVES-CENTER-ICE-CCM-JERSEY-FIGHT-STRAP-NHL-/280843369874?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item416391bd92

I forget who on here bought this, but I see it's being re-sold. Whoever it is, if you're willing to sell it for around what you paid for it, please shoot me a PM.

That is ic0dex

That is ic0dex

It wasn't me! Yes that's me PM sent.

EDIT: CJ your box is full.