Ebay 2.0

JeffB

:blink: did not see that.......why would fakers write china and then canada....makes no sense, right ?

It's a conspiracy -

2035332540105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

We'll soon be seeing tons of stuff made in Chinada!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no unless they mark the value as something insane like $500+ and ship it ups

Really? I always assumed it was the same as if it was shipping from USA to Canada.

If you ship UPS or Fedex from USA to Canada and don't use the most expensive option, the receiver gets killed with service charges. I've read that it can be upwards on 75% of the declared value

I have had it more than the item and shipping together with ups. They don't deliver to my house anymore because of it

Or ask if they will ship Canada post. It may not be the fastest in the world, but you wont get killed with charges.

Its the same thing for Canadians. Avoid UPS and Fedex like the plague. Use USPS.

Perhaps I'll just stick to US sellers, then.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from Canada and never once got stuck with customs charges. I hear it's a lot worse from USA to Canada though.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from Canada and never once got stuck with customs charges. I hear it's a lot worse from USA to Canada though.

Big time.....I hate UPS....

If I want to move something via ground into Canada I use the good ol postal services (as crappy as they are). But if I am going air I will use fed ex intl economy and I pay all duties and taxes from my side. I typically send things in the form of Unsolicited Gift. Value I keep around a reasonable price. So it's usually $35.00 to $45.00 to ship via fed ex economy. Just food for thought.

Fedex, Purolator, DHL, UPS, etc, charge 'brokerage fees' on top of duties and taxes.

I bought a pair of shoes for $18, and got dinged $20 for brokerage fees alone, and then whatever extra for taxes (minimal amound on $18, but whatevs). So I called UPS to ask what the deal was, and was told "It's for processing - we have staff at airports and borders who have to input the information and process the package", to which I replied "what information do they have to input? It's done at the time of shipping, isn't it? They simply scan the barcode and all the info is there on their scanners/computers, right? So what exactly are they doing to 'process' the item? Look, I'm not paying $20 extra for a pair of shoes that I paid less than $20 for. You can send it back if you want."

After that the guy said he'd waive the fees, but that I should be aware next time.

Canadapost and USPS can charge taxes if they decide to, depending on price and the type of transaction, but generally speaking, they won't as long as

a) the shipper marks the item as a gift

and

b ) the claimed price isn't overly high.

Either way, it's always a lot less than the other guys - unlike the private sector, the federal folks don't charge brokerage fees.

If ever you're going to buy anything on ebay and shipping isn't clearly indicated, always message the seller first to confirm the service, and that they will ship as a gift. There are MANY ebay businesses who deal in volume, so they get a business discount (and can't mark the item as a gift), and they'll also already have accounts set up with UPS (or other), and won't use any other shipping method. Buyer beware.

That is a very tight uniform! No the let down was the fact that a box was left on my front step on a very busy street. The delivery was made at 4:30 and my family was home by 5:15. No package!

The Zuccarello is on it's way to me! Thanks for the heads up!

I really hate that guy. I report all his listing that go for ridiculous prices thanks to the mysterious 1 or 0 feedback bidders. It's so obvious that he shills his auctions and yet eBay does nothing.