Capitals black alt customization?

mdwsta4

Can EPS correctly customize a late 90's Capitals black alt? If not, where is the best place to send it to?

Next I'm debating about patches. I don't believe they wore the alt in 98 during their SCF run so that patch would be out. Anyone have a link to a high quality '2000' patch? Could go with Bondra and the A or Oates and the C.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Can EPS correctly customize a late 90's Capitals black alt? If not, where is the best place to send it to?

Next I'm debating about patches. I don't believe they wore the alt in 98 during their SCF run so that patch would be out. Anyone have a link to a high quality '2000' patch? Could go with Bondra and the A or Oates and the C.

FYI, the Caps did those two different ways, and the first version was much better. I can’t upload pics right now, but I would research exactly what you want to do before you send it off. 

Correct. When they wore CCM big block, it featured an arc'ed treatment of the name that looked really slick, and then the Koho and Reebok years used a treatment that was just straightened out and with what appeared to be larger letters. 

While they debuted this style during the 1997-1998 season, they never wore the black 3rds during the Cup Finals. They got swept and wore the blues for the 2 games in Detroit, so a 1998 SCF patch would be off the mark.  

10 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I've been told that EPS is the only place that has the correct bronze dazzle twill.

EPS doesn’t make their own twill so anybody can get it from the same place they do.

saying that Stahls doesn’t carry it.

33 minutes ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Correct. When they wore CCM big block, it featured an arc'ed treatment of the name that looked really slick, and then the Koho and Reebok years used a treatment that was just straightened out and with what appeared to be larger letters. 

While they debuted this style during the 1997-1998 season, they never wore the black 3rds during the Cup Finals. They got swept and wore the blues for the 2 games in Detroit, so a 1998 SCF patch would be off the mark.  

The main difference was that the white layer on the curved name was one solid piece. It was awesome looking 

My memory might not be accurate on this because it was years ago, but didn’t someone here (maybe guam64) say that EPS’ customization for the black alt wasn’t accurate?  I would probably try Cutting Edge for that one.

3 hours ago, furiousd said:

Won't the tagging influence the patch choice?  As in, you'd need a silver shield to put the 2000 patch on it?

2 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Ah, didn't even think about the NHL logo. Just knew they wore CCM versions (not PP or Starter)

DropThePucks has a 1999/2000 Oates black alt gamer with the NHL2000 patch and an orange NHL shield, so I guess not all gamers from that year had the silver shield.

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

My memory might not be accurate on this because it was years ago, but didn’t someone here (maybe guam64) say that EPS’ customization for the black alt wasn’t accurate?  I would probably try Cutting Edge for that one.

No. All Guam64 said was “f@ck Jagr”. 

4 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

FYI, the Caps did those two different ways, and the first version was much better. I can’t upload pics right now, but I would research exactly what you want to do before you send it off. 

This would be for a CCM jersey with the silver logo so it should be appropriate for the 99/00 patch even if there were (possibly) recycled jerseys from this season with the orange shield. 

Regarding the rear name, I never knew there was a difference, but a quick google search and I'm assuming you mean curved vs straight? 

curved

http://parkwaypastimes.com/item.php?id=463

straight

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/peter-bondra-washington-capitals-1823774426

Curved looks WAY better in my opinion. Thanks for pointing that out. 

3 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Cool, thanks for the clarification. SCF patch out, 2000 patch in play

3 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

I've been told that EPS is the only place that has the correct bronze dazzle twill.

I'll reach out to them and see if they can do the arched name correctly. 

3 hours ago, LAK74 said:

If anyone has a link to the post showing they can't do it, that would be great. I'll reach out to them regardless since they're working on a few other jerseys for me and see if they can do it. If not I'll have to reach out to CES

6 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

This would be for a CCM jersey with the silver logo so it should be appropriate for the 99/00 patch even if there were (possibly) recycled jerseys from this season with the orange shield. 

Regarding the rear name, I never knew there was a difference, but a quick google search and I'm assuming you mean curved vs straight? 

curved

http://parkwaypastimes.com/item.php?id=463

straight

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/peter-bondra-washington-capitals-1823774426

Curved looks WAY better in my opinion. Thanks for pointing that out. 

But the really unique feature was that the white layer of the curved font was one solid piece. The straight font is all typical separate letters. 

1 minute ago, thebiggoalie said:

But the really unique feature was that the white layer of the curved font was one solid piece. The straight font is all typical separate letters. 

I noticed that. Also looks like a few portions of the blue are also connected. Neat detail. 

9 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I'll reach out to them (EPS) and see if they can do the arched name correctly. 

If anyone has a link to the post showing they can't do it, that would be great. I'll reach out to them regardless since they're working on a few other jerseys for me and see if they can do it. If not I'll have to reach out to CES

I have a feeling that even if you ask them, I'd be surprised if they admitted that "they can't do it correctly."  I can't find the post, but you might just want to PM guam about it; even if it wasn't him who made that comment, he'd probably know the answer anyway.  I imagine that the curved one-piece name is so difficult to nail, just like the Fisherman font (also done by Cutting Edge), that nobody else out there would be able to get it exact.

20 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I have a feeling that even if you ask them, I'd be surprised if they admitted that "they can't do it correctly."  

Nope, they’ll never say that. 

27 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I have a feeling that even if you ask them, I'd be surprised if they admitted that "they can't do it correctly."  I can't find the post, but you might just want to PM guam about it; even if it wasn't him who made that comment, he'd probably know the answer anyway.  I imagine that the curved one-piece name is so difficult to nail, just like the Fisherman font (also done by Cutting Edge), that nobody else out there would be able to get it exact.

I emailed Cutting Edge with the photo so we'll see what they say

I love little details like that. It may be tough to replicate now, but gives older jerseys like that so much character. Unlike 75% of today’s jerseys with boring CCM font with two-layer twill. 

9 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I love little details like that. It may be tough to replicate now, but gives older jerseys like that so much character. Unlike 75% of today’s jerseys with boring CCM font with two-layer twill. 

Completely agree that jerseys where so much more fun when they were unique. Now you have the same 3-4 jersey templates with the same 3-4 number/font styles. *yawn*

11 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I'm working on a Kolzig and Bondra right now with the curved name and Yes, very tough to replicate.  I have mine close but it would be very hard for someone to get it perfectly without having the original file.

30 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

I'm working on a Kolzig and Bondra right now with the curved name and Yes, very tough to replicate.  I have mine close but it would be very hard for someone to get it perfectly without having the original file.

Well if CES can’t do it I’ll be sure to send it your way. You’ll be a pro by the time you’re done with those two 😉

The answer would be yes. Don't believe Bondra was an alternative captain before 2000.

20 hours ago, LAK74 said:

17 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

No. All Guam64 said was “f@ck Jagr”. 

👍