What jersey did you wear today?

Shark Cat

Wearing my 2012-13 Away Set 1 Gagne as the Flyers open their season against the Kings.  Satisfies both teams, with a strong nod of course towards the Flyers :D

RWPuEpM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We had a Halloween costume contest at work today.  What better excuse to throw on a jersey with a goalie mask and some gloves.  Slap some fake blood on there and you've got a crazy hockey serial killer...thing.

BNrQ10Xl.jpg

Machete instead of hockey stick would have been better. Though carrying a machete at work is occasionally frowned upon at work. 

But thumbs up to you for actually having the serial killer style goalie mask on hand. 

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

Yep, machete would have totally been better, but there was a no "weapons" stipulation.

How boring!

At least you got to wear a costume, your workplace is already funner than mine. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

How boring!

At least you got to wear a costume, your workplace is already funner than mine. 

We had a whole potluck lunch today, too.  We do lots of fun stuff here.  Free lunch every three weeks, Wii U, SNES, and XBox, Soccer team (I don't play), company sponsored happy hours every 6 weeks.  Plus, as long as I get my work done I can screw around on IJ and buy stuff on eBay whenever I want. Haha

I like my job :D

On 10/28/2016 at 11:36 AM, jsh139 said:

Yep, machete would have totally been better, but there was a no "weapons" stipulation.

"All of my instincts and my training are telling me to use this like a weapon."

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

"All of my instincts and my training are telling me to use this like a weapon."

:D:D 

All of your instincts and training are wrong!

The Sam St. Laurent mask AND a hockey stick?? Why the hell did you even bother with the Gretzky jersey? All you needed was a golf bag full of more weapons and you were Casey Jones!

30 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

The Sam St. Laurent mask AND a hockey stick?? Why the hell did you even bother with the Gretzky jersey? All you needed was a golf bag full of more weapons and you were Casey Jones!

Goongala!! 

Theres no way anyone would have gotten the reference and I'd have been explaining myself all day ?

40 minutes ago, flyhighguys94 said:

And this thread needs more SharkCat

Yes, need to see how many colors he has in that exact same Supreme hat. 

11 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Handed out candy wearing this one last night. Sadly, no kids complemented me on my hard-to-find Federal Hockey League replica.

Man, these kids today...

Hitting my first game of the season tonight, wearing this one:

7C09F1DC-8097-40B4-9A19-41EECDD300CB_zpsA016BF5B-CA40-4ACC-B1AC-8BB284FAEAB8_zps

With my daughter wearing her matching youth size, also customized by EPS, scaled to fit. 

21 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Hitting my first game of the season tonight, wearing this one:

With my daughter wearing her matching youth size, also customized by EPS, scaled to fit. 

i don't post pictures of myself online, but while at the game, I managed to take a selfie of the two of us in front of Martin Brodeur's rookie season home gamer, which is on display on the concourse at the Prudential Center. 

For a crazy Devils fan and jersey collector, it was quite a moment. Which snapped back to reality when my daughter stated "You have that exact same jersey at home".

If only, my child. If only. 

3-2 Devils in a shootout. Devils are now 3-0 in games she has attended, and 2-0 when we wear our Tootoos. 

Further observance, it seemed like the team and I were the only people wearing Edge 2.0's in the building. A whole lot of legit replicas, many with the bad in-arena customization. A few fakes. 

7 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Awesome story mfitz, it's nice that you could catch a glimpse of a Brodeur rookie gamer at the game.

It was pretty spectacular to see. I understand it's there on loan from its owner, former Devils goalie and announcer Chico Resch. 

I really wanted to break the glass and try it on, but I managed to resist. Even still, seeing a piece of team history like that on display made me very happy. 

19 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

i don't post pictures of myself online, but while at the game, I managed to take a selfie of the two of us in front of Martin Brodeur's rookie season home gamer, which is on display on the concourse at the Prudential Center. 

For a crazy Devils fan and jersey collector, it was quite a moment. Which snapped back to reality when my daughter stated "You have that exact same jersey at home".

If only, my child. If only. 

3-2 Devils in a shootout. Devils are now 3-0 in games she has attended, and 2-0 when we wear our Tootoos. 

Further observance, it seemed like the team and I were the only people wearing Edge 2.0's in the building. A whole lot of legit replicas, many with the bad in-arena customization. A few fakes. 

That jersey actually is from Chico's collection.  He has shown that before at expo's in the past.

Also it's a white jersey so it is actually his away jersey.  A big thing people forget about the 1991-92 season is that after the All-Star game in mid January (or was it new year?), teams wore their darks at home and whites on the road.  So whenever you see Brodeur from his first 4 games the reds he is wearing are him playing in the Meadowlands and white away.  All teams switched back to white homes and red aways for the playoffs that year.

http://www.gettyimages.com/photos/new-jersey-devils?editorialproducts=sport&excludenudity=true&family=editorial&page=6&phrase=New jersey devils&sort=oldest#license

Link shows Devils players wearing whites in away games that year.

Edited by Devilsguy

28 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Also it's a white jersey so it is actually his away jersey.  A big thing people forget about the 1991-92 season is that after the All-Star game in mid January (or was it new year?), teams wore their darks at home and whites on the road. 

I had forgotten that. In any event, it was still pretty awesome to see. 

In another note, stay away from Winnipeg #38's game jersey, its boogerific. 

The question for gameworn collectors is, would you wash the jersey if it had been "boogermatched?"

I have actually seen gamers with snot on them and it is indeed gross.  Blood and sweat are the only bodily fluids I would be OK with on a jersey that I own.  The rest is pretty gross.