eBay version 4.0

dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update: Dutch postal services can't start an investigation until 30 days after shipment. The buyer now claims that he didn't think I shipped it at all and escalated the case and wants an immediate refund.

Try entering the tracking number on the USPS website rather than the original postal services website.

I am in Canada. When I buy or sell an item that goes to the United States, the tracking number will cease to update on the original postal carriers site once it crosses the border. IE, if I ship something to the US via Canada Post and want to check the status after it leaves Canada, I can put in the original Canada Post tracking number on the USPS site and get updates. Vice versa for ordering from the US and receiving in Canada.

Tracking isn't the end all be all with eBay disputes, but I assume that if the guy is trying to scam you, he doesn't know this, and thinks that there is no paper trail.

TL;DR-Enter the Dutch postal service tracking number for your package on the USPS website and see if something comes up.

Edited by hockeyjerseyssuck

Try entering the tracking number on the USPS website rather than the original postal services website.

I am in Canada. When I buy or sell an item that goes to the United States, the tracking number will cease to update on the original postal carriers site once it crosses the border. IE, if I ship something to the US via Canada Post and want to check the status after it leaves Canada, I can put in the original Canada Post tracking number on the USPS site and get updates. Vice versa for ordering from the US and receiving in Canada.

Tracking isn't the end all be all with eBay disputes, but I assume that if the guy is trying to scam you, he doesn't know this, and thinks that there is no paper trail.

TL;DR-Enter the Dutch postal service tracking number for your package on the USPS website and see if something comes up.

Ebay's decision was in favor of the buyer, which means a $225 loss at the moment. However, tracking has been updated (on the tracking site of Dutch postal services and USPS) and the jersey is/was at US customs. I appealed against ebay's decision and asked the buyer to pay me as soon as the jersey arrives. Still very ticked off about the complete impatience and mistrust of the buyer

Ebay's decision was in favor of the buyer, which means a $225 loss at the moment. However, tracking has been updated (on the tracking site of Dutch postal services and USPS) and the jersey is/was at US customs. I appealed against ebay's decision and asked the buyer to pay me as soon as the jersey arrives. Still very ticked off about the complete impatience and mistrust of the buyer

This is why I avoid shipping overseas if I can help it. Plenty of buyers in the US and Canada.

Plenty of great buyers overseas as well, but I don't find it worth the risk anymore.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271746881853?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Does anybody know if the devs had a christmas tree version of this sweater?

I don't think so. I think I remember seeing them when they were new, it was maybe 10 teams, no Devils.

This is why I avoid shipping overseas if I can help it. Plenty of buyers in the US and Canada.

Plenty of great buyers overseas as well, but I don't find it worth the risk anymore.

But this was a buyer in the US.......pretty sure you are more likely to get scammed by a US/ CAN then a Euro.....when it comes to hockey jerseys

Edited by tomtucker

But this was a buyer in the US.......pretty sure you are more likely to get scammed by a US/ CAN then a Euro.....when it comes to hockey jerseys

No, the case I was referring to was the one with the European buyer, the Dutch postal service,

And I have had thousands of eBay transactions and never had a single issue with a US buyer, but every time I ship overseas the buyer gets impatient and files a case before the item arrives, or complains about the shipping cost, or complains about the item, etc.

I've never had someone directly try to scam me but international transactions are nothing but headaches.

No, the case I was referring to was the one with the European buyer, the Dutch postal service,

And I have had thousands of eBay transactions and never had a single issue with a US buyer, but every time I ship overseas the buyer gets impatient and files a case before the item arrives, or complains about the shipping cost, or complains about the item, etc.

I've never had someone directly try to scam me but international transactions are nothing but headaches.

I send almost exclusively to the US/Canada from Norway and I have only had a small handfull of problems. Only once when the jersey was completely lost. I understand the reluctance of people to send abroad so I luckily have a few people stateside that I can get jerseys sent to on my behalf. What a lot of people don't realize is that the hold-ups are almost always because of customs. If I send something from Norway to more or less anywhere in the states by priority post, it should take 3-4 days to get there. Often it takes 2-3 weeks and that is because of customs. Goes for packages coming here too. I had something sent to me from the states and it took 36 hours to get to Norway and then another 2 weeks just sitting in customs according to the tracking. It is frustrating as hell, especially when you have to pay a customs bill on top of the inconvenience.

I send almost exclusively to the US/Canada from Norway and I have only had a small handfull of problems. Only once when the jersey was completely lost. I understand the reluctance of people to send abroad so I luckily have a few people stateside that I can get jerseys sent to on my behalf. What a lot of people don't realize is that the hold-ups are almost always because of customs. If I send something from Norway to more or less anywhere in the states by priority post, it should take 3-4 days to get there. Often it takes 2-3 weeks and that is because of customs. Goes for packages coming here too. I had something sent to me from the states and it took 36 hours to get to Norway and then another 2 weeks just sitting in customs according to the tracking. It is frustrating as hell, especially when you have to pay a customs bill on top of the inconvenience.

I should add, I have never refused to send anything overseas, I just prefer to do it here so I don't list an international shipping option on eBay. But, when someone asks, I always do it. I figure if they are going to take that extra step, they probably really want the item and won't engage in any shenanigans.

Same goes for folks on the message board, I'd not turn down an international IJ member.

Aboslutely right oxbo 1690. I don't think that Europeans are less reliable or patient, but it's that customs clearing, where you never know how long they're holding the parcel.

Anyhow I get a lot of stuff from the US and I never had problems to this point. I think a helpful and cooperative support/communication from both sides (sender & addressee) helps a lot, and I always had that with the US sellers I bought stuff from.

I Can fully understand that a lot of sellers prefer to exclusively ship to the US and Canada, but It's a pitty that for this reason we don't get a hold on many gems out there as Europeans.

Therefore two thumbs up for all the guys who dare to ship across the pond!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Pens4ever

I get the opposite with International Buyers (this doesn't apply to Canada though).

Every time I list a pretty high value jersey on eBay I always get a message from buyers in Europe either asking for 1) oddball requests or 2) a laundry list of demands. As a seller I know if I agree to sell and it hits the fan I am pretty much SOL with eBay always taking the side of the buyer. I rather not deal with it.

An example from last month when I was selling a gamer (for a pretty well known player) and I got a message from a buyer in Europe. He messaged me even though I stated in the listing I will only ship to the US and Canada (and had my eBay settings accordingly). I decided to hear him out as I would at least give him a chance, but over the next several messages he did the following:

1) Requested that we do a trade instead (no I do not want to trade for your junk)

2) Offered me a really low offer (I didn't even have a best offer feature listed)

3) When I rejected the offer and trade, he then said he didn't have enough money and asked if he could give me $100 now and then give me payments over the next few months (ummm no and if you are that tight for money you shouldn't be buying gamers)

4) When I rejected that he said he could now magically pay me in full but asked if I could send it with expedited shipping ( big NO)

This is one of many examples I have dealt with in regards to International buyers. I am to the point where if I got a good offer from a domestic buyer but an even better offer from an international buyer, I take the domestic buyer every time.

I should add, I have never refused to send anything overseas, I just prefer to do it here so I don't list an international shipping option on eBay. But, when someone asks, I always do it. I figure if they are going to take that extra step, they probably really want the item and won't engage in any shenanigans.

Same goes for folks on the message board, I'd not turn down an international IJ member.

I get the opposite with International Buyers (this doesn't apply to Canada though).

Every time I list a pretty high value jersey on eBay I always get a message from buyers in Europe either asking for 1) oddball requests or 2) a laundry list of demands. As a seller I know if I agree to sell and it hits the fan I am pretty much SOL with eBay always taking the side of the buyer. I rather not deal with it.

An example from last month when I was selling a gamer (for a pretty well known player) and I got a message from a buyer in Europe. He messaged me even though I stated in the listing I will only ship to the US and Canada (and had my eBay settings accordingly). I decided to hear him out as I would at least give him a chance, but over the next several messages he did the following:

1) Requested that we do a trade instead (no I do not want to trade for your junk)

2) Offered me a really low offer (I didn't even have a best offer feature listed)

3) When I rejected the offer and trade, he then said he didn't have enough money and asked if he could give me $100 now and then give me payments over the next few months (ummm no and if you are that tight for money you shouldn't be buying gamers)

4) When I rejected that he said he could now magically pay me in full but asked if I could send it with expedited shipping ( big NO)

This is one of many examples I have dealt with in regards to International buyers. I am to the point where if I got a good offer from a domestic buyer but an even better offer from an international buyer, I take the domestic buyer every time.

I've never had that happen. If I did, I agree I would not take that deal. Anyone offering to "trade" anything on eBay kind of missed the point. You have to pay with currency over there, people don't post items looking for a trade. MAYBE some people will say ok and entertain that, but I think the majority of the time, not so much. I know I never have.

But wasn´t that guy from the Netherlands and shipped a jersey to the US..........or am i really that confused.... :wacko:

But wasn´t that guy from the Netherlands and shipped a jersey to the US..........or am i really that confused.... :wacko:

Either you are or I are!

Idk if it's a mistake or not but JB has Avs and Stars home jerseys up for 224 vs his usual 324

It could be a mistake, but the looney is pretty bad right now, so they are listed at $275 Canadian. Still lower than what it looks like he usually charges, but it's not that far off.