eBay version 4.0

dsl135

I am a nitpicker, but mainly for quality purposes. He is expensive, so I am expecting a very high quality product in return. If it is not what I expect, I will return it and buy the blank jersey. However, it would be a pain to wait a few months for the end product to finally reach my door, especially since I don't live in the Philly area anymore. Thanks for your help though.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Echoing many Ive learned from on here: if you want the customization to be spot on, go through the team customizer. I would buy a blank from jb (off of ebay to get a lower price so he doesnt get hit with ebay fees), and send it out to get customized. What does philly express quote for a timeframe right now? City sports lettering (the hawks team customizer) quoted me 2 weeks earlier this month, same with triple threat sports, who used to do the team's customizing.

I am a nitpicker, but mainly for quality purposes. He is expensive, so I am expecting a very high quality product in return. If it is not what I expect, I will return it and buy the blank jersey. However, it would be a pain to wait a few months for the end product to finally reach my door, especially since I don't live in the Philly area anymore. Thanks for your help though.

Pretty sure he's not going to let you return a customized authentic because you feel the customization isn't 100% accurate, you might formulate a better plan.

I just had PE do 3 Flyers for me, dropped them off first week of January and picked them up yesterday

It was only 2 weeks for my 2012 WC a month or two ago...

It was only 2 weeks for my 2012 WC a month or two ago...

I'm not sure if you took my answer as me complaining that it took long, but that is certainly not the case as i think that is perfectly fine for 3 jerseys (your ... has me confused is all lol)

Cost me $180.02 for an idea on price

They may have actually finished even quicker because when i called they said the jerseys were there, never bothered calling me to tell me so so they could've been sitting there a week lol

I'm not sure if you took my answer as me complaining that it took long, but that is certainly not the case as i think that is perfectly fine for 3 jerseys (your ... has me confused is all lol)

Cost me $180.02 for an idea on price

They may have actually finished even quicker because when i called they said the jerseys were there, never bothered calling me to tell me so so they could've been sitting there a week lol

No, not at all, was just throwing my experience out there. The ... was probably was unnecessary.

I'm used to dealing with EPS, where I'm usually more in the 8-12 week range. I was assured today. that my December 15th order should be finished next week.

My kits :(

I know lol, i'm not really sure what their problem is

I'd offer to have you just send me the jerseys to do but that's an awful lot of trust to put in some stranger with 2 expensive jerseys, especially considering they're my favorite team too :)

That's what you call a "I ordered a Chinese knockoff and decided I want the full price that I paid for it back" jersey

Exactly.

Good evening all. I've read this board for a while but have never posted till now. I will say I have learned a lot more about collecting, have seen some wonderful collections and been turned on to the wonderful Jersey Baron (my collection is happy...my bank account not so much) here. Thank you.

My question tonight is about a jersey I just got on eBay. It's a Wild green alternate. The jersey is a legit team extra (based on comparison to other team extras I have purchased) that was advertised as 100% accurately customized. The nameplate looks right. It's the edge material but the numbers have that horrible cheap paper backing. From the outside it looks great but that paper backing bugs me. It is clearly not authentic and I have spent the last few years upgrading from replicas to authentics. If you were me would you ask the seller for a refund (of course the listing says no refunds) or just strip the numbers and have someone do it right? As the buyer I should have asked for photos of the stitching but the seller has 100% positive feedback and I trusted his reviews.

Edited by JerseyGirl

Post some pictures of it here. Just because the customization doesn't look right doesn't mean the jersey is not authentic. Also, some companies use a paper backing when they sew. That's just the way it is and has nothing to do with the quality of the customization job or the materials.

Edited by thebiggoalie

That paper backing is used when embroidering. The numbers were put on with an embroidery machine and not stitched by hand. Don't ask me why a backing has to be used when embroidering, I have no clue.

Thanks for all of your input. I'm not questioning the authenticity of the jersey. Isn't the embroidered customization a cheat though and not truly authentic? I am trying to post some photos but they are too big. I have to do some resizing.

Thanks for all of your input. I'm not questioning the authenticity of the jersey. Isn't the embroidered customization a cheat though and not truly authentic? I am trying to post some photos but they are too big. I have to do some resizing.

For pictures you are better off using a hosting site such as Imgur and then linking them in your post.

People can have their jerseys customized by any company, and it's not their fault for not knowing, and it doesn't make any aspect of the jersey "not authentic".

Either the jersey is authentic, or it's not. Maybe you just got an authentic Jersey with a bad customization job.

Let's see if this works. Here's one photo as a test. reduced 003.jpg

You can just pull that paper right off. Go slowly and gently so you don't rip any of the threads. But there is nothing wrong with that sewing job just because there's paper behind it.

People can have their jerseys customized by any company, and it's not their fault for not knowing, and it doesn't make any aspect of the jersey "not authentic".

Either the jersey is authentic, or it's not. Maybe you just got an authentic Jersey with a bad customization job.

The bad customization is my issue. It was listed as 100% authentic.post-22987-0-87073600-1422586996_thumb.jpost-22987-0-31756400-1422587116_thumb.j

If you were me would you ask the seller for a refund (of course the listing says no refunds) or just strip the numbers and have someone do it right? As the buyer I should have asked for photos of the stitching but the seller has 100% positive feedback and I trusted his reviews.

Stripping embroidered numbers is an unbelievably tedious process. Most numbers are put on with a basic zigzag, and the annoyance level depends only on how tight the stitching is. Sometimes you can remove three at a time, sometimes just one.

Embroidered stitching involves a lot more threads and a more elaborate pattern. If I'm going to remove embroidered numbers, I just use a razor blade or box cutter to tear through hundreds of stitches at a time. It will destroy the numbers, and if you have a heavy hand it will also destroy the jersey, but there's no other way to do it that doesn't involve wasting a lot of hours. In addition, there's anchor stitching involved with embroidering, where there are several threads that basically tie together (usually on a corner). That in itself is worse than even the tightest zigzag.

That paper backing is used when embroidering. The numbers were put on with an embroidery machine and not stitched by hand. Don't ask me why a backing has to be used when embroidering, I have no clue.

It's used to stabilize everything by providing a thicker substrate under the twill. The force exerted by an embroidering machine could torque the hell out of both the twill and the jersey if it's not used, and occasionally you can see one that used poor quality paper. It's usually on sleeve numbers, and creates horiztonal puckering in the jersey itself that can't be fixed unless the numbers are totally stripped and replaced.