eBay version 4.0

dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I'm hoping maybe someone can help me out on this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141473471908?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=440624000020&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I've been looking for an authentic of this jersey with the newer shoulder patches, even an Indo is fine at this point. I asked the seller for pictures to make sure it matched the generic one in the listing and of,course it did not, the actual one for sale has the original patches. However that picture does show an authentic version, and had to be grabbed from somewhere. Anyone come across it or know what site it may be from? I've asked the seller where they grabbed it from but figured I'd ask the gurus here too.

Well that and dinglebears trying to get all of them for a $100 then remark them all for 300+.....

I think someone just being ignant ... there are people who do that occasionally, manually increment bids instead of using eBay's automatic proxy bidding ... rage bidding, maybe - shill bidding, nah ...

Yeah I watched that one go up today.

I think the one guy had set a limit, and the other guy kept trying to top it without bidding too much.

He found it just in time.

Hahaha there is a strip club a few miles from my house called "The Riviera" and everyone refers to it as the "The Riv". So it's definitely a place dirty girls flock. Strip clubs aren't my scene so I have no idea what it's like but I delivered pizzas when I was younger and had to deliver to the s***ty motel that's connected to the strip club. I was honestly afraid for my life that night. It's possibly one of the trashiest places around.

Hahaha there is a strip club a few miles from my house called "The Riviera" and everyone refers to it as the "The Riv". So it's definitely a place dirty girls flock. Strip clubs aren't my scene so I have no idea what it's like but I delivered pizzas when I was younger and had to deliver to the s***ty motel that's connected to the strip club. I was honestly afraid for my life that night. It's possibly one of the trashiest places around.

You've never been to the Wirral.

Yeah yeah, that's what they all say.

:D

Hahaha, well the Riv isn't my scene. Not to mention it's less than a 10 minute drive from the heart of Camden.

Edited by flyhighguys94

Yeah yeah, that's what they all say.

:D

Hahaha, well the Riv isn't my scene. Not to mention it's less than a 10 minute drive from the heart of Camden.

I could only imagine the quality of the ladies at such an establishment in that location.

I could only imagine the quality of the ladies at such an establishment in that location.

Probably similar to what you would see on the streets of F(&^*** Peoria.

Thoughts on this bad-boy?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Worn-Cam-Neely-1989-Jersey-Boston-Bruins-/181606166460

Plaque is a separate item from the jersey and isn't standing in place of an LOA, so that's off to the side for now

The Air-Knit raised an eyebrow at first, though it's passable since it's a small-block from 1988-1989. But the lettering would suggest that it was worn even earlier than that (with the older-style font on the number 8 and the slant on the nameplate). But if it's from earlier than the 1988 season, then it would likely have been a colorized small-block with a smaller front crest like this: http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1987_88_Cam_Neely_Bruins_Game_Worn_Jersey_1988_Stanley_Cup_Finals_Photo_Match_Video_Match-1915-53.html

Edited by AngeloS76

Major red flag to me is the way he just shrugs off the accusation of it being fake with "Well I have a full return policy."

Can't comment on the jersey as I don't know enough about Neely shirts.

But I have read there are a quite a few bad ones out there that have surfaced in the past couple decades.

The should be some discussion threads about Neely Bruins over on Gameworn.net

I would be suspicious of the Neely. To my eyes at least, in particular on the White, I can't see a single stick mark or board burn. Yet it's slashed to hell.

Neely was Notorious for not particularly liking air-knit and wearing Ultrafil. He often wore recycled Ultrafil jerseys from '86-87 (hence the gamer Angelo posted above) with the coloured small block and smaller crest whilst the rest of the team wore the new air-knit set.

I do believe he wore one Air-knit Jersey when they were introduced at he start of '87-88 season before deciding he didn't like them. I beleive this was a home white jersey also. I don't know for sure he never wore a black set but I've never seen one.

He says the jersey and the plaque have nothing to do with each other, but the plaque does read "This is to certify that this replica of the original jersey used by CAM NEELY is one of a limited edition of 30 units"

Why include the plaque if it doesn't have anything to do with the jersey, as he says.

Why include the plaque if the plaque basically says "this is a replica"

It seems like a strange deal. Definitely not enough info on the jersey to go a grand on.

He says the jersey and the plaque have nothing to do with each other, but the plaque does read "This is to certify that this replica of the original jersey used by CAM NEELY is one of a limited edition of 30 units"

Why include the plaque if it doesn't have anything to do with the jersey, as he says.

Why include the plaque if the plaque basically says "this is a replica"

It seems like a strange deal. Definitely not enough info on the jersey to go a grand on.

I'm guessing he just thinks it's a Neely related item so why not include it. But including it does bring the authenticity of the jersey into question, so it was a bad decision to include it.