It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, that Linden rookie jersey is one of the nicest I've ever seen...and if the Bure is THE jersey, then wow. Though, I've only ever...EVER seen one of those that was actually worn during the series get out in the hobby and that's the black one that Barry has. I have, however, seen the unused sets with the patch put on the chest. In fact, I think Classic Auctions had a Kirk McLean one in a recent auction. Still, that's pretty friggin wild. They really had some sweet looking unis back then. Why did they have to ruin it?

Well, I certainly can't keep up with the Canucks cloudburst that rained in here but I'll do what I can. I picked up one of the most unique USA jerseys ever last week:

nalTeamcirca19881aCCMauthentic-vi.jpgnalTeamcirca19881bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Home white Team USA Kevin Stevens worn during the National Team's regular season leading up to the Calgary Winter Olympic Games in 1988. You don't see these very often so I dove all over it when I saw it was available. It's pretty well hammered too, though the shots don't reveal too much due to flash washout. It's got the briefly-worn Dodge sponsorship patch on the chest and a small embroidered 88 patch in the neck, signifying the year worn:

DSC06959-vi.jpg

And check it out; no fight strap!

DSC06960-vi.jpg

The arm numbers also show good wear. The triple-layering is so great looking too:

DSC06961-vi.jpg DSC06962-vi.jpg

This is such an attractive style. I really wish they'd go back to something similar.

You know, I'm really not too sure. I actually found it on gameworn.net. It might be but I don't know.

I already photomatched it too to this shot of a pre-Olympic exhibition game:

StevensUSAmatch-vi.jpg

The angle of the 1 matches perfectly to the crookedness on the jersey. Awesome.

Nice pickup Mike! Not trying to hijack the thread but did you have any photos of the bure Barry has. I know he has shown it at expos before however ive never been free to attend. Would love to see it. Pavel wore over 8 home jerseys in 94. And at least 2 jerseys in the playoffs in the home version. Quite possible there are multi scf home and roads so id be curious to see what he has. Of course i can email him directly but figured a collector here might have pics handy.

On the Stevens gotta love the customization match! Easy peasy

Not a hockey jersey but my absolute grail for baseball jerseys. Authentic Wilson Athletic 1984 Chicago Cubs Jody Davis Road Jersey. He was my favorite player growing up.

DSCN3218_zpsf811b2a7.jpg

DSCN3231_zps7524ad74.jpg

DSCN3230_zps6603334b.jpg

He is the twin to the home version, which I was able to get done a year or so ago. One of the neat things is the different versions of the division champs patch for the home and away jerseys.

I was able to cut the away version off of an orca XXXL Mitchell and Ness Sandberg 1984 Cubs jersey that I got from Murf and Pat for like $15. The home version I had made.

Jerseys103.jpg

Jerseys109.jpg

Jerseys104.jpg

Flyers team issue 2.0 11-12 giroux carnival jersey

1843F832-6007-4104-9E28-5115F04A5584_zps

A07F04C7-AE84-4E30-959D-1CC697FC1F53_zps[/url]

F72ADC8F-82D6-4A66-B111-038D2341D5A3_zps

Many thanks for those who put this together here's my academy award speech

Jersey: dsl135

Kit: johnnyonthespot

Carnival patch: hockey music

Sewn on by the brilliant! Mike

Also would like to thank my lady friend for putting up with all this nonsense called a jersey/gamer hobby.

You have to burn a Jagr gamer to join that forum.

(Yes, you have to call them. It's really just some dude and you will have to tell him what you are wearing.)

Short of that, I figure I need to find some time to duck out of work for a few minutes to call them because it's been about a week and nothing.

That Flyers Carnival jersey came out great! I love Giroux jerseys with As, no clue why.

Got my first jersey in a while. I haven't had many purchases with money going elsewhere, and my collection is relatively where I want it to be....so that equal a dry spell lol.

Anyway here's a cool one, can safely say I'm one of a small handful who probably own this jersey or anything like it. It's always fun to manage to create a rare jersey of an over-popular player. Both patches are authentic, being stripped from game issued jerseys. Kit from Ruberti's, sewing by Mike.

HPIM3348.jpg

HPIM3350.jpg

In my best Garth Algar voice:

"Let me tell you a little something I've learned about Mike, Wayne. He wants you to send him Flyers jerseys. He looooooves it."

I got a box back from EPS tpday. A lot of them were for friends and my girlfriend but a few were for me. Hilariously the order took so long that I actually acquired gamers of two of them in the meantime which Ill be posting for sale soon.

These first two arent new but I had some alterations done.

'96 WHC Timonen - had the Warsteiner patches added. I also have the 60th anniversary patch to add to complete it but I cant get it off the France jersey its on...

timonen-finland-b.png

timonen-finland-f.png

One of my favorites and my biggest project jersey. It took almost 2 years to the day to finally get this finished after having to find the proper crest, get it customized, etc.

1980-81 Mike Bossy Sandow SK - had fight strap put in place exactly where Bossy's was to complete it 100%. Although he cut his off, not sure if I can bring myself to that level. Man I really love this thing!

bossy-b.png

bossy-f.png

Now this guy is brand new!

2005 WHC Karlis Skrastins - was originally a game issue with a #3 on it I think, pretty sweet to get it with the patches on it. Really like this one.

skrastins-latvia-b.png

skrastins-latvia-f.png

Many thanks for those who put this together here's my academy award speech

Jersey: dsl135

Kit: johnnyonthespot

Carnival patch: hockey music

Sewn on by the brilliant! Mike

Also would like to thank my lady friend for putting up with all this nonsense called a jersey/gamer hobby.

No problem bud! Glad I could help out! Jersey looks great!

Am I the only one that doesn't see the USA Stevens as a photo-match? In the jersey photo the blue outline of the one seems to fall almost directly under the T of Stevens. In the game photo that same blue line seems to fall between the S and the T. Hard to tell since his body is twisted, but I've stared at the photos for quite awhile and they don't seem to match up. That being said, I have no doubts that the jersey is what it claims to be, but if I dropped the coin on it (and I'm assuming it was a lot of coins), I'd look for something more convincing than that one photo. There have to be more photos available that would be a more conclusive match.

I like that Phantoms jersey. Very nice!