It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

So I got one patch I've been after for a long time last week... and the mailman just dropped this one off!

2011-12 Erik Gustafsson Orange w/Mark Howe #2 Retirement Night Patch - 3/6/12, Period 3

IMG_4742_zps6a4f0393.jpg

IMG_4744_zps3a3fb65a.jpg

IMG_4645_zps3c8c1b71.jpg

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a jersey but I got this today. I've mentioned it around other threads that I won it but I finally got it today. I requested for it to require a signature upon delivery because it was getting delivered in Philadelphia. I knew that no one would be home to sign for it because both my brother and myself are working. I decided to check the tracking number because it was going to be delivered today and I see that it was delivered and signed for by my last name. Obviously this didn't happen. I am extremely angry about this fact that it was just left out in the snow.

As i've mentioned before I have MacKinnon's Third Set One Preordered and I saw that Hockey Fights Cancer was auctioning off sticks and noticed that MacKinnon's stick was up. I noticed that the stick was used in the first game that MacKinnon wore the jersey. I won the auction and I was able to photomatch the stick extremely easy.

0053B4E8-798E-4B9B-AE92-04C719D48711-367

5FAD66CA-9662-4719-9784-353337052476-367

7E632FEB-96C9-45A7-ABF8-08338AA87767-367

7F3DA666-83EA-4E4A-AD60-624AA8F3FD1D-367

33230ag.jpg

I got my gamewornauctions.net consolation prize today. I got beaten badly on the one I REALLY wanted in the Tkachuk 1996 World Cup(I wasn't paying close to $3,000 for it) but then I happened to see one with very few bids on it right before I went to bed so I threw a prayer in and closed up shop. When I woke up, I found out that I had won it! The funny thing is, there was a dude selling it on eBay a few months prior for over $1,500 and I ended up getting it for less than half! Go me! So, without further ado, here it is. Tony Amonte's 2005-06 home red Flames set 1:

amescirca20051aReebokauthentic-vi.jpg

amescirca20051bReebokauthentic-vi.jpg

It's got all the usual Amonte-wear on it with some nice burns on the arms and waist. He scored his 400th NHL goal in this jersey. A third period game-tying goal against Ottawa on December 10th, 2005 that the Flames eventually won in OT.

Oddly enough, the paperwork that came with the jersey both have typos! First, the gwa.net LOA states that Amonte scored the OT winner in this game but he didn't; Daymond Langkow did. Secondly, the MeiGray letter says that the jersey is a size 56 but it's a 54. HAR! It's a good thing the serial number matches up otherwise I'd have been quite nervous.

I absolutely HATE everything about the Flyers, but even I have to admit that Howe patch is pretty dang cool. Nice pickup.

Love the Amonte, Mike. Glad you were able to add that to your collection.

PS- love the Stastny too. Avs color palettes has always been a favorite of mine.

Very nice stastny. I have an Av's gamer they are nice sweaters

Thanks

Paul Stastny - game worn - Season 2011-2012 set 1 :thumbsup:

Sweet Stastny pick up.

Not a jersey but I got this today. I've mentioned it around other threads that I won it but I finally got it today. I requested for it to require a signature upon delivery because it was getting delivered in Philadelphia. I knew that no one would be home to sign for it because both my brother and myself are working. I decided to check the tracking number because it was going to be delivered today and I see that it was delivered and signed for by my last name. Obviously this didn't happen. I am extremely angry about this fact that it was just left out in the snow.

As i've mentioned before I have MacKinnon's Third Set One Preordered and I saw that Hockey Fights Cancer was auctioning off sticks and noticed that MacKinnon's stick was up. I noticed that the stick was used in the first game that MacKinnon wore the jersey. I won the auction and I was able to photomatch the stick extremely easy.

Vey cool. You come up with any way to display them together

First University of Michigan Gamer. Andrew Ebbett 2003/2004 Maize Jersey. Really short sleeves, nice wear on both.

DSCN3137_zps08d68ccf.jpg

DSCN3170_zpsf26411db.jpg

Haha, my infinite quest to replicate your entire collection Greg!

Whoa; that is a buttload of Nike satin. That's pretty wild looking. I never knew Michigan used a yellow jersey. Are the numbers stacked or kiss-cut?

As an Ohio State fan I have to quote my mom and say "Muck Fichigan".

That said, Michigan has always had some nice yellow (or should I say "maize") jerseys. Their helmets are cool too.

164279960-26094707.jpg

Carl+Hagelin+Chill+Michigan+State+v+Mich

The numbers are layered but that has gone back and forth over the years. The neat thing is the crest is kiss cut, with the white as an outline sewn onto the blue Michigan

I always thought it was funny that Michigan used the same number font as the Avalanche back when the Wings-Avs rivalry was at its best. Always liked those yellow sweaters as much as I hate Michigan.

Nice Gustaffsons on the page. I was in the 2nd row of the Howe retirement game, so I'll check to see if I have any pix of Eric that you guys can photomatch to.

Sweet MacKinnon stick too. Those Ribcor sticks feel great in the hands. Haven't tried one on the ice yet, but they feel great. Congrats!

Nice Gustaffsons on the page. I was in the 2nd row of the Howe retirement game, so I'll check to see if I have any pix of Eric that you guys can photomatch to.

Sweet MacKinnon stick too. Those Ribcor sticks feel great in the hands. Haven't tried one on the ice yet, but they feel great. Congrats!

That would be awesome! There's very little wear, but maybe a loose thread or two. There's a good thread pull (probably at least 4 inches long) across the abdomen though.

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/steve1088/003-1.jpg (for some reason can't get this 3rd photo to post. click link for pic of name with glue residue and outline of plate)

Got this in yesterday. Two game wonder Remembrance Day commemorative jersey from the Ottawa 67s. First thing I noticed when I opened it up was the obvious nameplate removal. Glue residue plus stitch outline. I spent a lot of time with google trying to figure out who the hell actually wore this in the games. Finally ended up with the 67s equipment managers phone number. He told me Taylor Davis was a healthy scratch those two games. They had picked up Owen Stewart from the London Knights a few weeks before these games, after the jerseys had already been ordered from the manufacturer. No time to have one made up for Stewart. So Stewart wore this jersey, and in the game on Nov 24th scored a goal and got 3rd star of the game. Nameplate was subsequently removed to be put on Stewarts regular season jersey. Cool jersey with a cool story behind it.

The funny thing is, there was a dude selling it on eBay a few months prior for over $1,500 and I ended up getting it for less than half! Go me!

An Amonte gamer for less than $750?? Holy steal Batman!

Technically this arrived yesterday, but whatever-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11999701@N05/11331291354/in/set-72157635524756471#

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11999701@N05/11331258636/

Etienne Salvail gamer; I'm not actually familiar with Mr Salvail's work, but from the wear (and smell) of the jersey I'm guessing he doesn't take too many days off lol

I was having a hard time finding a blank authentic Voltigeurs jersey and thus grabbed this one-- I'm probably gonna try and strip the 26 (the nameplate was already removed) so that I can throw a couple 7's on there with a nice big Couturier on the back, can't wait!

I would ask for help, but what I'm doing is probably considered sacrilege or something, especially if you're a fan of Salvail, so for that I apologize.

And, probably less exciting, something that did arrive today-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11999701@N05/11342134784/

you can see the difference here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11999701@N05/10367969146/

RCS came through and customized my Zetterberg jersey with felt- the invoice that was in the bag was hilarious- it said "HAS TO BE FELT - customize with felt" --I think the guys got the hint, and I'd say they did a pretty good job- they did use a nameplate, which I know we're not sure about, but either way I'm happy

Technically this arrived yesterday, but whatever-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11999701@N05/11331291354/in/set-72157635524756471#

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11999701@N05/11331258636/

Etienne Salvail gamer; I'm not actually familiar with Mr Salvail's work, but from the wear (and smell) of the jersey I'm guessing he doesn't take too many days off lol

I was having a hard time finding a blank authentic Voltigeurs jersey and thus grabbed this one-- I'm probably gonna try and strip the 26 (the nameplate was already removed) so that I can throw a couple 7's on there with a nice big Couturier on the back, can't wait!

I would ask for help, but what I'm doing is probably considered sacrilege or something, especially if you're a fan of Salvail, so for that I apologize.

And, probably less exciting, something that did arrive today-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11999701@N05/11342134784/

you can see the difference here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11999701@N05/10367969146/

RCS came through and customized my Zetterberg jersey with felt- the invoice that was in the bag was hilarious- it said "HAS TO BE FELT - customize with felt" --I think the guys got the hint, and I'd say they did a pretty good job- they did use a nameplate, which I know we're not sure about, but either way I'm happy

Well, you'll definitely have some people jumping on you for it being sacrilege to strip a gamer. At the end of the day, its your choice though.

HOWEVER, and someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I believe it would actually be a jersey foul to put Couturier on that jersey. Couturier only wore the Reebok vector jerseys with the Voltigeurs, not the Reebok wordmark. I don't believe the wordmark showed up until 2011-12 (which was his rookie year in the NHL).

I certainly take no enjoyment in threatening to strip a gamer, but if it's a foul then that's probably the universe telling me off

Idk where i'd be able to get a vector Voltigeurs jersey so maybe i'll have to settle for Salvail and never turn my back to the ice surface when Couts is out there lol

If you do strip it, only strip it once you are sure you will send it out to get customized. I did that with my Maineiacs and it's still blank in my closet

I certainly take no enjoyment in threatening to strip a gamer, but if it's a foul then that's probably the universe telling me off

Idk where i'd be able to get a vector Voltigeurs jersey so maybe i'll have to settle for Salvail and never turn my back to the ice surface when Couts is out there lol

Its on the front though too... lol