It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

I'm really excited about the kid and it'll put a dent in my pocket for when Meigray auctions off the Team USA Olympic jerseys. If Stastny makes the team that's good for you haha.

Just a heads up, you can preorder set ones and you won't have to pay them off until the same time as when you'll have to pay off the set three. You pay the 25% but you don't have to pay off the rest until Meigray gets the jerseys which is after the season (all sets at once). I'll have until after the season to pay off the MacKinnon.

Do I dare ask what they're asking for MacKinnon right now?

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His debut sold for $7,500. I know that it's accessible info on the internet but I don't want to post openly about how much it was. It's a lot and I understand that I could buy a lot of other stuff with that money. I just don't want this thread to turn into a OMG U SO STUPID thread.

I have an Avs third coming soon too :thumbsup:

Did a good ol' fashion trade with someone in Germany for it! I was never really a fan either so we will see once I get it.

His debut sold for $7,500. I know that it's accessible info on the internet but I don't want to post openly about how much it was. It's a lot and I understand that I could buy a lot of other stuff with that money. I just don't want this thread to turn into a OMG U SO STUPID thread.

I doubt it would turn into that (man, I hope not with how great everyone's track record is here). Sure, there's lots we could all do with that much dough, but let's be honest...everyone here would spend that if they could and everyone here probably has specific items they already know they'd get if they could afford it. I'm on the record all the time saying I can't afford gamers, but if I could you know I'd be getting my hands on Forsberg and Sakic gamers. So you go, boyfriend! I'd do it if I could, and so would everyone else. :D

BTW, how do you go about getting a team issue from Meigray before the season starts? I'm not a Meigray expert, so I need a little help. I'd need a size 54 at the biggest. Do they offer sizes, or is it just whatever they get from the team? Is there a place on the website, or do you have to contact them directly?

I doubt it would turn into that (man, I hope not with how great everyone's track record is here). Sure, there's lots we could all do with that much dough, but let's be honest...everyone here would spend that if they could and everyone here probably has specific items they already know they'd get if they could afford it. I'm on the record all the time saying I can't afford gamers, but if I could you know I'd be getting my hands on Forsberg and Sakic gamers. So you go, boyfriend! I'd do it if I could, and so would everyone else. :D

Thanks for the kind words. You're most likely right though haha.

BTW, how do you go about getting a team issue from Meigray before the season starts? I'm not a Meigray expert, so I need a little help. I'd need a size 54 at the biggest. Do they offer sizes, or is it just whatever they get from the team? Is there a place on the website, or do you have to contact them directly?

I'm not sure if Meigray ever sells blank Avs jerseys when they're put on clearance and they don't sell blank TI. What you'll have to do is buy a game issued and have it stripped if you want one. The Avs don't have too many players that wear size 54 or smaller so pickings will be slim.

I'm really excited about the kid and it'll put a dent in my pocket for when Meigray auctions off the Team USA Olympic jerseys. If Stastny makes the team that's good for you haha.

Just a heads up, you can preorder set ones and you won't have to pay them off until the same time as when you'll have to pay off the set three. You pay the 25% but you don't have to pay off the rest until Meigray gets the jerseys which is after the season (all sets at once). I'll have until after the season to pay off the MacKinnon.

When i called to order my Stastny third i asked about the set 3 jerseys and they let me get it and are going to allow me to make payments throughout the season so the final payment will be low or hopefully paid off cause i would like to pre order atleast one more away set 1 seeing im actually going to see them play and want to take lots of pics of the jersey i want haha

Not sure if i am going to go for the Stastny olympic or not. They dont look as good as the IIHF ones. I was going to try to get a Toronto winter classic gamer if i can. If they go for to much than i will most likley go for Stastnys olympic jersey. Maybe i will be lucky and be able to afford both.

I have an Avs third coming soon too :thumbsup:

Did a good ol' fashion trade with someone in Germany for it! I was never really a fan either so we will see once I get it.

Nice! Loveing all the Avs jerseys comming in

With all these companies pre-selling jerseys, what happens if something amazing happens when they are wearing it and the HHOF decides they want the jersey or something like that? Was pondering this when Hertl scored his four goals...is the buyer screwed or are they required to give it to the buyer because they already sold it?

From Meigray:

"EXCEPTION: Full refunds will be given on pre-orders that cannot be fulfilled by the team or MGG due to non-delivery of the jersey, unavailability of the jersey due to circumstances out of the team or MGG"

This happens every so often..... Some players want there debut jerseys or their first jersey that they scored a goal wearing.. I was able to pluck Chris Kreider's first regular season goal gamer against Marty Brodeur from Steiner and was able to photo match it.... Some players dont care about their jerseys, but they may once their careers are over and will ask owners to sell jerseys back to them.

Sometimes it's worth giving them a call and asking, but through the years they don't get many blanks sent back to them from the team. Pre-Edge they used to get a bunch. Edge era is pretty much nothing.

And it's impossible to guess whether they'll get lettered issues from the team as well, unless someone gets an injury like Downie did last season. In that case you can call and reserve a "likely" issue.

We all know MeiGray. They're good people and they'll work with us. If you have any questions they're always happy to help. Reserving a jersey is easy too. I bet, if you wanted, you could pre-pre-order one of the set two or set three jerseys right now if you wanted to. They have treated me great through the years.

I don't think Meigray sells blanks. They just reuse them the next year. There's no reason for them to clear those jerseys out. I've asked before, and been shot down. Even Vector ones that they have they can just patch over with the wordmark (and they do).

They'll only sell what is listed on the website (usually blanks/team-issues are on Clearance).

They're not going to let you order a blank team issue though. At least not from my experience.

Great info guys, as always - thanks. Seems like I'll have to go the Game Issue route and strip to get my blank. I'll cross my fingers and hope what I want is around when the summer sale comes back.

AND, since we're on the subject of the Avs - here's what I got in the mail from Keener today:

Originally was a '95 Starter Factory customized Forsberg. I knew some stuff was off with their '95/96 retail authentics and after researching and looking at gamer pics/watching old SCF games I knew what I wanted to have changed to make it as accurate to on-ice as possible. Keener is a STUD btw, and did an unbelievable job on his work and was very accommodating to all my detailed requests. THANK YOU KEENER!

The changes: 1) Stripped and changed Starter's factory nameplate - wrong font, wrong size, wrong curve. Keener matched curve and font to a pic of a gamer and it's spot on. 2) Stripped and changed Starter's factory shoulder patches - not accurate to on-ice jerseys. I had a pair of patches from the jersey I stripped for plate material, so I decided since they're the right ones, I'll replace the weird '95 retail authentic patches with them. 3) Stripped and changed Starter's factory sleeve numbers - wrong stack order, wrong color combination. Keener created new sleeve numbers in the correct material, correct colors, correct font, and correct stack order. 4) Added a National Emblem '96 SC patch.

As far as I know the only inaccuracy on the jersey now is the size of the numbers on the back. According to Eddie's Jersey Room, the '95s had huge numbers on the back. These are about 11 3/4 inches - about an inch or so smaller than gamers. But, as I look I think there isn't really room for larger numbers on my size 48, so I think I'll leave it and see if it bothers me down the road. For now though, I love it!

IMG_4248.jpgIMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4258.jpgIMG_4262.jpgIMG_4264.jpg

Great info guys, as always - thanks. Seems like I'll have to go the Game Issue route and strip to get my blank. I'll cross my fingers and hope what I want is around when the summer sale comes back.

AND, since we're on the subject of the Avs - here's what I got in the mail from Keener today:

Originally was a '95 Starter Factory customized Forsberg. I knew some stuff was off with their '95/96 retail authentics and after researching and looking at gamer pics/watching old SCF games I knew what I wanted to have changed to make it as accurate to on-ice as possible. Keener is a STUD btw, and did an unbelievable job on his work and was very accommodating to all my detailed requests. THANK YOU KEENER!

The changes: 1) Stripped and changed Starter's factory nameplate - wrong font, wrong size, wrong curve. Keener matched curve and font to a pic of a gamer and it's spot on. 2) Stripped and changed Starter's factory shoulder patches - not accurate to on-ice jerseys. I had a pair of patches from the jersey I stripped for plate material, so I decided since they're the right ones, I'll replace the weird '95 retail authentic patches with them. 3) Stripped and changed Starter's factory sleeve numbers - wrong stack order, wrong color combination. Keener created new sleeve numbers in the correct material, correct colors, correct font, and correct stack order. 4) Added a National Emblem '96 SC patch.

As far as I know the only inaccuracy on the jersey now is the size of the numbers on the back. According to Eddie's Jersey Room, the '95s had huge numbers on the back. These are about 11 3/4 inches - about an inch or so smaller than gamers. But, as I look I think there isn't really room for larger numbers on my size 48, so I think I'll leave it and see if it bothers me down the road. For now though, I love it!

First off.... Awesome jersey! Looks great!

Second, (not that I had any doubt) you confirmed that Keener is indeed the man. I have a couple of things I want to send his way and I feel more than excited to see how good they look when I get them back.

The Forsberg looks great. Looks like he does awesome work. A lot of details in those 95/96 jerseys, I love seeing project jerseys. I'm kinda nervous about doing one myself

^ Thanks guys. Keener is indeed the man. Don't know how he does it, but seems he can match anything as long as you have a picture.

Here's a place to see before pics of the Starter Factory customized Forsberg if interested.

And here's the gamer pic Keener used to match the name:436.jpg

Those shoulder patches came off super clean in your before pics. Can't imagine that would be possible with Reebok's "welded on" patches.

Well......It's a Starter, not Reebok, so that's maybe one reason ;) . Stuff has come off all my Starter mesh jerseys really easily whenever I've stripped. A bit of acetone took care of what little adhesive residue there was. Have yet to attack a Reebok strip job, but one may be coming.

Just as news broke that Il Capo went down with a broken thumb and is out for 3-4 weeks, a legitimate grail arrived at my door... It certainly helped ease the pain... Tough as nails Cally will be back soon! 2012-13 Home playoffs set gamer vs. Boston... :)

y7ew.jpg

na2l.jpg

The Captain evidently does not like the pointy NHL shield either and has the equipment manager shave the top of the shield.. Custom Eddie Giacomin Gretzky table hockey goalie is now my trademark on all my photos as I have seen my jerseys posted on FB by other people.. Thats Crap!!!

a2yu.jpg

Just as news broke that Il Capo went down with a broken thumb and is out for 3-4 weeks, a legitimate grail arrived at my door... It certainly helped ease the pain... Tough as nails Cally will be back soon! 2012-13 Home playoffs set gamer vs. Boston... :)

The Captain evidently does not like the pointy NHL shield either and has the equipment manager shave the top of the shield.. Custom Eddie Giacomin Gretzky table hockey goalie is now my trademark on all my photos as I have seen my jerseys posted on FB by other people.. Thats Crap!!!

Couldnt you find a blue cupcake? :stickhndl:

Couldnt you find a blue cupcake? :stickhndl:

:lol:

Congrats on that, Enzo! Great pickup!