What was your first jersey?

enzo269

There's a town in Austria that's pronounced "fooking" like "booking" but it sure isn't spelled that way. As to not offend anyone, I've hidden the street sign of the town name with a spoiler tag below. NSFW and click at your own risk.

Fucking,_Austria,_street_sign_cropped.jp

Click for the Wikipedia Page the image came from

Back on the subject at hand, my first jersey was a blank Rangers Pro-Player replica. In 2006 when Shanny came to the Rangers I had it customized. About 3 months later when I really started getting into collecting jerseys, I realized how much of a "fooking" (see above) idiot I was to create this jersey foul.

SHANNY.JPG

Sadly I also have a Starter authentic white jersey customized as Lundqvist also from when before I knew better. facepalm.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have amassed you entire collection in under 7 years?!

Impressive.

Impressive? More like expensive laugh2.gif

It's more like 6 years - didn't really get serious about collecting until 2007. I was single with a fair amount of disposable income and free time. Now that I'm not single and have less of both of those, I've really slowed down. Trying to focus more on quality (gamers) instead of quantity like when I first started.

I don't think my collection is nearly as impressive as Matt has, but I've only been collecting for about 2 years and I still can't believe how much I have myself.

Same. I really didn't start going hardcore until I joined IJ. I was content with my replicas, had a couple of authentics, but now, I have ridiculous amounts of authentics and gamers. The most impressive pieces in my collection were really from the last year/year and a half

Bought for me by my parents when I was 11. Shortly after, my travel hockey team won the right to have a practice at the old Chicago Stadium by selling the most tickets in the annual charity raffle and some players came by and signed autographs. I got Roekick to sign mine.

There is no nameplate but it has an authentic NHL 75th Anniversary patch on the right chest and since I have had a 1992 Stanley Cup Finals Patch sewn onto a piece of ultrafil and over and around the NHL 75th Patch. That is how the Blackhawks and Penguins did it in the Finals that year.

Jerseys161.jpg

Jerseys165.jpg

Jerseys164.jpg

• 5 months later...

May 11, 1995. Went to my first NHL game. Hawks vs. Leafs at MLG. Game 3, 1st round of the playoffs. Right before the game we walked into LeafSport on the concourse where I bought a CCM replica Doug Gilmour home jersey to wear to the game. Today the screenprinted CCM on the hem is half worn off, but I still love to wear it. It brings back so many memories of my younger days. Also bought a game used Todd Gill stick that day at LeafSport. Even though I aquired many better sticks after that, including a Bobby Clarke and a Paul Coffey, that Todd Gill stick is the one piece of hockey memorabilia I will never sell because it was my first.

There's a town in Austria that's pronounced "fooking" like "booking" but it sure isn't spelled that way. As to not offend anyone, I've hidden the street sign of the town name with a spoiler tag below. NSFW and click at your own risk.

Fucking,_Austria,_street_sign_cropped.jp

Click for the Wikipedia Page the image came from

Did you know that this town produces their own beer? It's called "F(&^*** Hell". Hell in this case stands for "pale".

fucking-hell.jpg

My very first was a size Medium NJ Devils red and green replica Jersey back in 1988 or so. No idea where it is, probably in my parents' attic.

My first authentic was a CCM Ultrafil home Jersey when they changed the colors, customized with #15 MacLean. Got it in 1995, added the Stanley Cup patch after they won. Still have it and still wear it.

Unsure which I got first, but it was either a Bauer Albany River Rats replica, or a Starter Avs replica that some family friends picked up for me on a trip to Colorado. Soon after I also had a Starter Ducks jersey, I wish I knew what happened to that one.

Early to mid 80s, a white replica CCM Blackhawks jersey. My grandfather took me to Doug Laurie Sports at Maple Leaf Gardens and bought it for me. The design appealed to me a lot as a kid, and even more so today.

I was in 3rd or 4th grade and my first jersey was a blank white CCM Ducks jersey, before they had shoulder patches. My first Wichita Thunder jersey was a replica of their black alternate jersey with white lightning on it from 2001-02 with the 10th anniversary patch on the shoulder.

WichitaChamps.jpg

1BCottonKingsLR.jpg

The top one is the jersey but wrong logo used by a team in Kansas City, the bottom is the Thunder in a game against the Lubbock Cotton Kings.

My very first jersey was a Chicago Blackhawks CCM replica from like 1991 or so that I bought at my hockey rink's pro shop. My first authentic I believe was a NJ Devils Scott Stevens jersey in '93 (which I still own) from River City Sports followed by a Blackhawks Barberpole (which I also still own) from Burlington Coat Factory of all places. After those two I asked for an authentic jersey every year for Christmas. LOL!

Funny story, a year or two ago I sent both jerseys out to have patches sewn on (Stanley Cup Finals and 75th ann) and had them shipped to my mom's house in Chicago where I was staying for a few days during Christmas. When I opened the bag I showed her the jerseys and told her that these are the same jerseys she bought me when I was just a kid. She got a little teary eyed. :)

My very first jersey was a 92-93 Probert Wings road authentic w/SC 100 patch and "A", that he signed for me when the Wings played the Caps that year.

My first gamer was this one - 91-92 Louie DeBrusk Oilers home with NHL 75th patch I bought in the late-90's -

LouieDeBrusk_zps4faf0f24.jpg

• 10 months later...

I'm having a pest through your lovely forum and found this thread, and so my (boring) tale starts

after starting to watch the Maple lafs on dodgy streams here in the UK staying up til 0330, i thought to myself i'll get a jersey, had a look on ebay and thought i found a bargain a Phil Kessel with A for about 50quid, unbeknown to me its a fake, it now sits on my parcel shelf in my car, i cant bin it as its my first jersey, crest is bubbled etc

then i started watching ice hockey here in the uk, my local team manchester phoenix, did an end of season auction, where i picked up my first gamer, a Robert Schabel, ex nashville predator i recall, the thing is huge, has puck marks and a rip on the collar

next whilst looking through pictures i saw Hartford Whalers green jersey, which was another ebay pickup, I'm not sure if it is a fake, most likely is, but i love the jersey style

my next is an Ovechkin replica from his time at Moscow

2nd gamer matt rupert London Knights, cream 2012 memorial cup with patch, stick/puck marks, holes, holes sewn up, i got that as i loved the style of the jersey, having seen youtubes of Matt Rupert, i like him too

i then went to a Great Britain v Holland game, and picked up the white great Britain away replica with IIHF on the back

after watching the film The Goon i acquired a St John Shamrocks Rhea 3 dark, with Maritime Hockey League patch, some slave in the Philipines made that, but for $50 including shipping, i couldn't pass that up

Now my last jersey (hopefully arriving tomorrow) my 3rd gamer, and will be my new favourite jersey, after only following the Leafs since 2011, and i cant have Gilmour etc as favourite players, as i didn't see them play, i found a great love and joy in watching for half a season only Leo Komarov, fast forward from then, til a few months back and my ice hockey jersey collecting hobby, i wanted a Leo Komarov, like a fiend needs crack, i searched the internet high and low, ever been on page 20 of Google? i have 3 times, i made a few posts on various Facebook sites and a couple of forums, nada. Couldn't even get hold of a replica/authentic, til i came here, made a post, and got an offer from a user who had two (lucky sod) he was willing to sell Leo's home alternate, from the playoff series against Boston, the seller knows who he is, much love

thanks for reading this

Edited by DJ Rhea

CCM Devils, home and road blank replicas, in 1988.

First authentic was a 1995 Devils CCM home John MacLean.

EDIT: didn't realize I previously responded.

Edited by mfitz804

My 1st Hockey jersey was acquired in 1996. My dad got me a Home Messier Starter replica for Christmas which I had to exchange because my all time favorite Ranger is Richter.

Edited by OR68

My first was a Penguins CCM road that I got somewhere around 1993 or 94. First one I bought was a Starter Penguins home, a Lemieux which I still have. My first authentic was a Jordan Staal 2011 Penguins winter classic.

My first was the sharks original teal away jersey ccm replica............walked by a store with my mom, saw it in the window .........belive i got it for next birthday as a gift.

Knew nothing about hockey at the time, that jersey got me into the game,

So when someone says it dosn´t matter how jerseys look, it´s a crock of s***........great jersey designs get new fans to the game

I agree the first jersey I had was a simple white starter kings jersey. I liked the simplicity