What was your first jersey?

enzo269

Here's mine.. 1981-82 New York Rangers Ron Duguay.. Bought for me by my mom at Gerry Cosby's in the winter of 1982 for my birthday.. I wore it to school like 4 days in a row.. LOL!

Very cool gift.

i decided to get it "customized" with a #66 and my last name on it in heat press glory lol.

maybe slim can fix it?

Sorry, too much history with that jersey...that's almost worse than stripping a gamer :P

My first, I won back circa '91-'92 (13-14 yrs old) at a Darren Turcott charity golf tourny in North Bay. Hatcher bros were there (monsters!), along with Mr. Kypreos who handed me this bad boy -

Kypreos1-vi.jpg

Kypreos2-vi.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously dude? even your first jersey is freakin rare and awesome. wtf?! this thread is supposed to be for some old silk screened crap. lol

in other words... awesome as always bro

seriously dude? even your first jersey is freakin rare and awesome. wtf?! this thread is supposed to be for some old silk screened crap. lol

in other words... awesome as always bro

Haha i was thinking the same thing. I was getting ready to type what my first jersey was and saw Chris' post and said nope that'll be all for me.

My first two jerseys were Denis Savard-Chicago Blackhawks-home and away-game issued right from Gunzo's.

Both jerseys were signed in my Hawks Fan cave when Savvy came to award me the prize for winning the Ultimate Hawks Cave contest...he was completely amazed that I had them...

They are now both framed and proudly hanging in my Cave ;-)

mine wasn't hockey, it was a Dan Marino replica which i was so proud of. have it to this day stored somewhere in my house. my kid will end up with it.

first hockey was a Wild green replica given to me years ago for my birthday by my wife. still have it and have no intention of getting rid of it as it is what got me started.

Here are my first jerseys, or at least what I've still got kicking around. They still get worn to games on occasion, but mainly by girlfriends or sisters.

Flying V's

IMG_1281.jpg

Flying Skate

IMG_1282.jpg

Some others that I probably got because I thought the crest was nifty

IMG_1284.jpg

My first jersey was a Minnesota North Stars home white from the early 1980's when they added the black trim.

I got some sort of a pom-pom with a plastic handle at a gas station for filling up my car if I recall correctly. In the handle was a disc you could punch out that was a discount coupon for merch at the arena, so I took that to a game at Met Center and they didn't have any of the jerseys in stock. Crushed! I had to wait what seemed like forever for it to arrive.

It was mesh and blank on the back, so I took it to a sporting goods store near me and paid them to put Neal Broten's #7 on it, which they did in the wrong font without a drop shadow. This was back in 1982 or so and I've been fighting the poor customization battle ever since!

As I continued to grow as a teen, it no longer fit me as an adult and I sold it on ebay a long time ago.

I still have my second one though, a Minnesota Gophers jersey from the same era, which no longer fits me either. Don't you love the way the "M" is cockeyed as heck? Nice quality there...

MinnesotaGophers1981-82F.jpgMinnesotaGophers1981-82B.jpg

My first was a WBS Penguins warmup jersey from the 2002-03 season...I think they wore it in 2001-02 too. I got it for my 18th birthday, so that was 10 years ago this year! I wish I still had it, but I outgrew it. Bummer. It had tons of autographs too.

My first was a black Kings Gretzky replica I got as a birthday gift. It has recently returned home after being MIA for many years.

I got a Pens diagonal in second grade, then another in 4th grade. The first I bought with my money was in 6th grade, a Lemieux home that I still have. I actually received a Jagr so I made them correct it and never had to send the wrong one back. I sold it on ebay recently.

First jersey was a Starter replica LeClair, white, with straight up awful customization (factory norm at the time). Exact same as this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Size-XL-John-LeClair-10-Flyers-Jersey-/230922026961?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item35c4067fd1

Also, I miss everybody and I will be back regularly to mock you all soon.

First jersey was a Starter replica LeClair, white, with straight up awful customization (factory norm at the time). Exact same as this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Size-XL-John-LeClair-10-Flyers-Jersey-/230922026961?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item35c4067fd1

Also, I miss everybody and I will be back regularly to mock you all soon.

The seller is KatsKountryKubbard, or KKK...

Reminds me of a place I went to once in Newfoundland

30003_683151538560_7183963_n.jpg

They have strange place names in that province for sure (Mods feel free to remove if over the line)

30003_683151543550_788606_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If I recall it was either a kids blue rangers starter jersey (later signed by Jon Mclean and Bruce Driver...yech!) or a Mark Messier replica white starter jersey. Still have both. Messier still fits and will hopefully be passed down to kids.

Mine was a white NYR CCM mesh, #20 Luc Robitaille bought at Cosby's in May of '96. They only had a 48, which was a little too big on me (still is) but I didn't want to wait or get another player. Wore it a bunch and realized how warm those things can be in late spring. (I still remember him taking a hit behind the net in the playoffs against PHI- he got smashed against the boards, let out this un-manly groan, fully picked up by FOX's microphones. Not your finest moment, Lucky.) Wore it to the Garden and caught a few taunts (from Ranger fans no less) but whatever; last time I checked he's in the HOF.

Just before finding this board online was able to ship it to his wife's charity in LA, where he signed it and sent it back. (Reveal: I also sent in a donation to the charity) He probably looked at it and said "they made Ranger jerseys of me? Why?" I had it framed and hung it in my basement. I think Cosby's may have used slightly thinner letters for him b/c his name is pretty long.

My first jersey as a kid was a dureen Minnesota North Stars jersey. It was the smallest jersey and only one that the store had that would fit me so my dad bought it for me...My second was a "Gilles Gilbert" style Boston Bruins jersey that my dad had customized with my name and #1 on the back...He was from Boston and I loved the colors...Next thing you know the Flyers are playing the Bruins in the Stanley Cup finals. I have photos of these somewhere but the jerseys are long gone. Yeah I'm OLD!

The seller is KatsKountryKubbard, or KKK...

Reminds me of a place I went to once in Newfoundland

They have strange place names in that province for sure (Mods feel free to remove if over the line)

30003_683151543550_788606_n.jpg

Yeah I know people hate quoting pics, but come on.......I laughed my Arse off the first time I heard there was a place called d_zps821432ed.jpg in Newfoundland.......

Yeah I know people hate quoting pics, but come on.......I laughed my Arse off the first time I heard there was a place called d_zps821432ed.jpg in Newfoundland.......

I thought the same thing.

How big is it? Lol