What was your first jersey?

enzo269

A Patrick Kane IndoEdge Blackhawks red bought last year. I didn't start building up my jersey collection until I had stable employment (looking for work for a year and a half after graduating from college sucked) and now I'm the proud owner of that jersey and several others.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my first jersey for my 13th Birthday June 6 2004. It was a White Lightning Khabibulin replica jersey. My dad had looked all over Tampa and other parts of Florida looking for a Lightning Khabibulin jersey. At the time Khabibulin was my favorite goalie and i kept asking my dad to get me one for my birthday that year. I dont remember what he told me he paid for it but i think it was around $160. I remember when i first got it the jersey was really big on me and now i can still fit into it but i am too big for the jersey. I still have it

jersey1005-vi.jpg

jersey1006-vi.jpg

• 2 months later...

HornetJerseys004_zpsa1fdee9d.jpg

My first was Pete Goegan's 1963-64 red wool custom replica (on right) by Ebbets Field, which I had completely stripped and customized.

The first gamer was Travis Hansen's 2003-04 Cleveland Barons throwback from the mid-1960s, which I purchased from Gameworn.com.

Edited by LouMarcon

First jersey was a North Battleford North Stars jersey (local Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League Team) my mother made for me when I was only a couple months old. First NHL jersey was a 1989 Calgary Flames white, a gift from my uncle from Calgary.

• 4 weeks later...

Big block CCM white Rangers jersey. Saved up my newspaper route money for a couple months. Asked my grandma to place the order with her CC cuz my parents thought I was nuts spending $180 and wouldn't do it for me. Bought it out of a Hockey News add way back in 93'ish.

I guess that is agood example of being a jersey snob huh? LoL. Even at the age of 13 I couldn't bring myself to buy a replica.

Big block CCM white Rangers jersey. Saved up my newspaper route money for a couple months. Asked my grandma to place the order with her CC cuz my parents thought I was nuts spending $180 and wouldn't do it for me. Bought it out of a Hockey News add way back in 93'ish.

I guess that is agood example of being a jersey snob huh? LoL. Even at the age of 13 I couldn't bring myself to buy a replica.

:thumbsup: