New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I got today a game worn David Jones with good game use has a big team repair on the back from a fight vs Steve Staios and has three other team repairs on the sleeves this is the best picture I could get it really makes me resize them down to post them up. I have better pictures of it in my photo bucket link below.

This is what I got today a game worn David Jones with good game use has a big team repair on the back from a fight vs Steve Staios and has three other team repairs on the sleeves this is the best picture I could get it really makes me resize them down to post them up. I have better pictures of it in my photo bucket link below.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice av's like the repair

Thanks. It's hard to find a gamer that shows a lot of wear especially the darker jerseys

Did he have Edge plates in stock for both?

Unfortunately not. He has white and black material on hand, and that's it. There was a blue practice jersey at SVP that looked like it may match the colour that could do up a few plates, but can't guarantee that. For me, I just cut up an extra Oilers 58+ I had lying around. Nothing left over 'cause of that Nugent-Hopkins guy, unfortunately.

20130305_181005_zps14e41ce2.jpg

I am pumped for this. Looks like a team issued blank right? Well it is. But the story behind it is awesome. A guy who works with the Louisiana Ice Gators was digging through old items and found this boxed up. It was sent by the Wild for players to wear for photos. This is one of the last items floating around that Boogaard wore at one time. This os the closest thing i will get to w boogey game worn so i am quite pleased to have this.

^Holy crap! That's an awesome story!

Thanks. His family was given all of his gameworn stuff from the wild after he passed. He was such a good guy. I was devestated when he died so this is exciting to have in my collection

Picked this up from FHG, and LOVE it:

47384231287552-vi.jpg47384231287612-vi.jpg

But I have a question for the diehard LA fans. This jersey has a nameplate. It's actually quite long and goes from shoulder to shoulder, basically over the mesh on the back. I know most Kings jerseys have no plate, but if this was ever accurate, especially for a Quick jersey, I'd leave it alone. I know there was half a season or so where some players did actually have plates. It's an easy fix if I need to do so, but if it's acceptable, I'd leave it as is. Thanks west-coast!

The Kings used nameplates during the 2007/08 and 2008/09 seasons. Quick played one game in the black jersey in 2007/08 (I think it was a 1.0 though) and a lot more games throughout the 2008/09 season, so with respect to the nameplate, your jersey is OK for either season, although technically speaking, it's more accurate for 2008/09, being a 2.0. But I don't know if they ever used a nameplate that long- all the ones I've seen were cut to fit the name.

The Kings used nameplates during the 2007/08 and 2008/09 seasons. Quick played one game in the black jersey in 2007/08 (I think it was a 1.0 though) and a lot more games throughout the 2008/09 season, so technically your jersey is OK for either season, although more accurate for 2008/09, being a 2.0. But I don't know if they ever used a nameplate that long- all the ones I've seen were cut to fit the name.

Thanks for the detailed info!

I did just find this on Getty:

Looks like a plate on a 1.0. What would you do?

84140901.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=GkZZ8b

and this was the caption of the pic, lol

"LOS ANGELES, CA - DECEMBER 29: Jonathan Quick #32 of the Los Angeles Kings waits in the crease during warmups prior to the game against the St. Louis Blue Jackets on December 29, 2008 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Noah Graham/NHLI via Getty Images)"

St.Louis Blue Jackets!

I can't see enough detail on the shoulder panel to say for sure that it's a 1.0. I would have thought by 2008 the whole team had converted to the 2.0's.

One thing I forgot- the only home Edge jersey in that style with the 2 layer numbers is the 2007/08. In 2008/09 they switched over to the 3 layer numbers so your jersey is customized for the 2007/08 season, and I don't think Quick used a 2.0 that year.

I can't see enough detail on the shoulder panel to say for sure that it's a 1.0. I would have thought by 2008 the whole team had converted to the 2.0's.

One thing I forgot- the only home Edge jersey in that style with the 2 layer numbers is the 2007/08. In 2008/09 they switched over to the 3 layer numbers so your jersey is customized for the 2007/08 season, and I don't think Quick used a 2.0 that year.

Son of a...! This thing is garbage. To the curb she goes! Lol

Sorry, dude. Well, if you could change the numbers to the 3 layer, everything would be fine...

Quick played 3 games for the Kings in the 2007/2008 season.

In all three games the Kings wore their white jerseys.

It is possible Quick wore the black jersey as a bench backup, but never in a game.

I would shorten the nameplate AND remove those incorrect numbers, they are too thin.

The three layer numbers would better match your jersey.

Bottom line is, it is your jersey and do what makes you happy.

It will be a project to make it 100% accurate.

One other side note, the Kings only wore the 1.0 for the first part of the 2007/2008 season.

By 2008/2009 they were full time 2.0

I stand corrected on the issue of Quick's black jersey in 2007. The photos I saw of his black jersey were indeed from a warmup, as mharolde suggested. He didn't actually play his first game with the Kings until a few days later, but at least we know there was a black game-issued jersey made for him.

Did he have Edge plates in stock for both?

I will ask him Thursday I am picking my USA jersey up

Quick played 3 games for the Kings in the 2007/2008 season.

In all three games the Kings wore their white jerseys.

It is possible Quick wore the black jersey as a bench backup, but never in a game.

I would shorten the nameplate AND remove those incorrect numbers, they are too thin.

The three layer numbers would better match your jersey.

Bottom line is, it is your jersey and do what makes you happy.

It will be a project to make it 100% accurate.

One other side note, the Kings only wore the 1.0 for the first part of the 2007/2008 season.

By 2008/2009 they were full time 2.0

Thanks for the help. I'm still looking for some decent pics. If I were to redo the numbers, I would just strip the whole thing and have the name directly on the jersey without the plate.

Thanks for the help. I'm still looking for some decent pics.

Just trying to be helpful here, which details are you looking for in the pictures?

Just trying to be helpful here, which details are you looking for in the pictures?

I'd really like to find pics of the name and numbers on the back, especially the different layers. I've only checked on Getty so far and can't find any clear pics.

If you just want to know what the lettering should look like, this gamer is a 2010/11, but it's exactly the same as any gamer from 2008-11 (except for the nameplate of course):

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=62&lotid=1003

If you just want to know what the lettering should look like, this gamer is a 2010/11, but it's exactly the same as any gamer from 2008-11 (except for the nameplate of course):

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=62&lotid=1003

Perfect! Thanks dude!