New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

Oh yeah, the next mug who double quotes pictures, especially right after they've been double quoted, is getting banned for life.

...just try me :)

Sorry dude. I tried to leave the pics out but got some BS about the number of something in my post not matching the number in the original post. Didn't intend to cause you extra stress or work.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet Brind'Amour, Rob!

That style Flyers jersey is a beauty.

Man, slimcutta. You always never cease to amaze me with the awesome jersey you seem to get every month. Always wanted one of those purple and gold Kings jerseys from the 80's with either Dave Taylor or Dionne.

Ain't no thang, sec...I'm just breaking ballz

Thanks for the praise MF, but it should go to youz guyz - ya, I find a few gems here and there, but a lot of them come directly from you mugs.

Thanks IJ members!

I love youz all :D :D :D

Just picked this one up... most likely going to send it off to get a Roenick nameplate added by Brilliant, trying to figure out if the rest of the current customization is ok or if it should be stripped and throw on something else.

IMG_0756_zps5007a8f3.jpg

IMG_0759_zps4ea6a8a2.jpg

Interesting tagging - I noticed on some of the authentics the 'Made in Canada' tagging was sewn to the actual jersey, but on this one it's sewn to the Nike tag, probably because of the USA Hockey stamp underneath.

IMG_0757_zpsedf60310.jpg

Also kind of interesting how similar the 1998 US Hockey jersey was to the 1998 US Lacrosse jerseys

IMG_0770_zps6321cf98.jpg

But regardless it'll make a nice pair with the 1998 Canada jersey that I've had for about a decade.

As a warning - there is a jersey foul here... I know Gretzky was never captain of the 1998 team (though given that they gave the 'C' to Lindros maybe he should have been....) and I have NO idea why the person who customized it used a font for the 'C' that doesn't actually exist. Any thoughts?

IMG_0768_zpsebc6a6e4.jpg

IMG_0767_zps2c8ded98.jpg

IMG_6695.jpg

Whoa are these the real deal Reebok wordmarks? Are they for the Islanders current home jersey?

Some recent Flames arrivals

1998-1999 Theoren Fleury Authentic Flames Alternate. Not sure if Fleury ever wore the Atlanta Flames style assistant crest that season, prior to his trade to Colorado. All i could find were photos of him wearing the regular 'A' crest on the alternate jerseys. I prefer the Atlanta Flames 'A' crest myself.

IMG_0118-vi.jpg

IMG_0119-vi.jpg

1999-2000 Game issued Pavel Torgaev (thanks TheMadhat)

IMG_0120-vi.jpg

IMG_0121-vi.jpg

Flames Reebok Edge 2.0 (1st version with the Reebok lettering added over the Reebok vector)

IMG_0122-vi.jpg\

IMG_0123-vi.jpg

Whoa are these the real deal Reebok wordmarks? Are they for the Islanders current home jersey?

They are not "real deal", but it is embroidered on. It's the same patch that goes on the replica jerseys. This is for the Isles homes, but I think the color matches the Rangers and possibly the Leafs.

A couple of more Flames

2005-2006 Game Issue Paul Marr

IMG_0124-vi.jpg

IMG_0125-vi.jpg

Atlanta Flames CCM re-issued in the early 90's. I grabbed this a while back but never posted it, but since i was posting Flames jerseys...

IMG_0126-vi.jpg

IMG_0127-vi.jpg

They are not "real deal", but it is embroidered on. It's the same patch that goes on the replica jerseys. This is for the Isles homes, but I think the color matches the Rangers and possibly the Leafs.

I thought the replica workmark patches were slightly bigger than the ones that goes on the authentics?

Sorry dude. I tried to leave the pics out but got some BS about the number of something in my post not matching the number in the original post. Didn't intend to cause you extra stress or work.

I'M FREAKING OUT, HERE, MAAAAAN!!!!

sinessStressManWithTextAnxiety-vi.jpg

Really? Really...

BANNED!!!

Teemu Selanne 05-06

Olli Jokinen 02-03

I'm pretty sure those are the two best jerseys either of those clubs wore, especially that Panthers with the AS patch.

1999-2000 Game issued Pavel Torgaev (thanks TheMadhat)

I'm not a big fan of the design of the jersey, but the triple layer crest and numbers really pop out nicely, especially with those colors. Nice flames all around.

ps - sell me the ATL flames jersey, svp

Here's a cool one. The first Titans jersey I've gotten of a player who actually got to the NHL. Jerred Smithson:

onTitanscirca20004aSPauthentic-vi.jpg

onTitanscirca20004bSPauthentic-vi.jpg

Hell, I never even knew he played for the Titans! Apparently though, for three games in 2000-01, he was there. And this is the one he wore! Very light wear as to be expected. Still a solid Trenton pickup in my eyes though.

Some recent Flames arrivals

1998-1999 Theoren Fleury Authentic Flames Alternate. Not sure if Fleury ever wore the Atlanta Flames style assistant crest that season, prior to his trade to Colorado. All i could find were photos of him wearing the regular 'A' crest on the alternate jerseys. I prefer the Atlanta Flames 'A' crest myself.

Theo never wore Pro Player Flames. That was a one year wonder just for the 99-00 season. CCM prior, Koho/CCM the next. I'm fairly certain Theo never wore the Atlanta assistant patch too. Nice haul though!!

The 98-99 had the standard 2 color "A", not the Atlanta flames "A". A ccm with the logo and NHL shield would be the correct version for the fleury.

Before I get into posting my new arrival, I just want to say that the quality of people on this message board is incredible. In the past few months, I've made some amazing deals with people that required a lot more effort and trust than just sticking a box in the mail. I never could have made the additions I made without a few great people on this board.

With that said, another member here helped me out to epic levels in finally acquiring a Ryan Ellis rookie jersey. A HUGE thank you to our main man in Nashville, steezyb. He went above and beyond in every way to get this jersey for me.

2011-12 Ryan Ellis Set 2 & First NHL Goal Jersey

ellis-b.jpg

ellis-f.jpg

Now the best part. After Steven got the jersey, he told me he was going to the practice the next day. I'm really not one for signatures on jerseys but Steven and I debated it and came up with, what I think was the absolute best thing that could've been done. Check it out on the fight strap and twill!

ellis-2.jpg

Now thats how you get a jersey signed, first goal date and inscription by the player! I couldnt be happier with everything and it's one of the best pieces in my Preds collection. Ellis changed his number this year too.

Thanks again to Steven and our overall great members here.

And awesome Smithson Titans jersey. Thats a good find. A very underrated player!