New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh just a tip....... if anyone is wanting a Craig Smith Gamer The Preds is available at $850 not $1,750 like Meigray. I have no clue what that insane price is about. that's higher than they want for the Weber on Meigray.

Really?

Not to be a jerk, but if you like them whippy, have you looked into an intermediate stick? they are cheaper than senior sticks too!

Don't like them whippy, is just that I'm short so I have to cut senior sticks down so a 77 flex becomes over a 100 flex. I think I would an 85 flex would just be right for me. I think the width of the shaft of intermediate sticks are too small for me to use.

Hopefully you like it, was one of my favourites. Nice to see it's in good home.

I'll take great care of it. I'm actually wearing it to the Avs/Preds game this afternoon. Thanks for the chance to add it to my Avalanche collection and thanks for the quick shipping. That was great.

Don't like them whippy, is just that I'm short so I have to cut senior sticks down so a 77 flex becomes over a 100 flex. I think I would an 85 flex would just be right for me. I think the width of the shaft of intermediate sticks are too small for me to use.

I understand. Which brand do you use? Warrior might be very good for you. Their sticks are whippy, so an 85 flex might be a 75 on any other stick.

Playing open hockey is awesome. I mainly play roller which is fun too

I'm going to try to play soon. I will just rent gear first before i invest in gear. But I am always down at the preds practices and alot of the time open hockey starts right when they finish so its perfect! I'm always free on mornings. I want to rent sharp skates is that possible? so i can try to do the hockey stops that shave the ice. : ) I've always wanted to do that! haha

Even though I've never cared much for that jersey design, I have to say that having 2 incredibly rare authentic ones done up with those guys is pretty awesome!

I hate you so much >_< ....

2 of the Best players in 95-96 on the same line...

Awesome, thanks so much man! I am going to do it for sure.

Definitely go for it! I'm so jealous. When I was growing up in TN there was no hockey anywhere. I always wanted to be a goalie for some reason. Really disappointed that I'll never get to.

I'm going to try to play soon. I will just rent gear first before i invest in gear.

(If I'm using up valuable space then move this folks!) I've always wanted to make the switch to ice. I played soccer as a teen and was fielded at wing back because I could thread in pin-point crosses and rush back to defend. I always felt more at home in net though, and would like to try my luck with ice hockey.

Any tips where to start out as a complete beginner, like off-ice training (learning to skate would help)? Perhaps a more appropriate topic to discuss this too? :P

I started playing ice hockey for the first time a year ago. I've never played forward as I've played in net my entire life, so it was pretty tough. I'm really quite a good skater on rollerblades, but ice is much tougher. I ended up skating almost daily for a month to try and re-learn how to ice skate well enough before I got on the ice. If you can't skate, you can't play. How can you focus on the stick and puck if you can't stop, turn or even skate backwards? Basically, I just got on the ice with friends every week and spent the first 15 minutes skating around, passing a puck back and forth, getting comfortable with a stick in my hand and a trying to move around with a puck. It's so much different than I'd expect. The puck is heavier and not that easy to shoot with power. I clearly didn't and still don't know how to utilize the stick like I'm supposed to. It's also way more physically intensive than I'd have thought. I've never sweated so much in my life like when I play hockey. Not even close. Ultimately, once I got a bit more comfortable on skates and having a stick in my hands, just playing was the best learning experience. You know you're by far the worst player out there, but playing with guys that know what they're doing will help you get a little bit better. By your 3 or 4th time playing, you'll be significantly better than when you first got out there. You gotta accept that you look like a complete idiot, too, and just hope there's one or two other guys as bad as you to take a little bit of the heat off.

I've only played ice goalie once, but that transition was much easier for me. You don't have to be the fastest, best skater. You don't really have to learn to dangle, stop at fast speeds on your wrong foot, or anything like that. The biggest difference was more equipment and simply being on skates. As long as you have good balance and can move from side to side and can get up and down with relative ease, you should be able to transition from street to ice quite a bit easier. I wish I could play it more, but it's a lot more expensive with the equipment and I could never commit to that. I still enjoy ball hockey goalie, and played for 2 and a half hours just last night. I never understood why so many people hate playing goal.

Also, those wild wings are pretty amazing. Congratulations on that.