New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to try to play soon. I will just rent gear first before i invest in gear. But I am always down at the preds practices and alot of the time open hockey starts right when they finish so its perfect! I'm always free on mornings. I want to rent sharp skates is that possible? so i can try to do the hockey stops that shave the ice. : ) I've always wanted to do that! haha

If I can make one suggestion about skates..if you're serious you're better off going to buy some low end hockey skates than you are renting. Skates and their fit are the most important part of this process and not only will rental skates not fit you right but the hollow on the blade probably won't be right for you either. Find a hockey store or pro shop and try on a ton of skates until one feels perfect and the experience of playing will be a ton better. For hockey stops and shaving ice it's actually much easier to learn on a shallower hollow (or what most call dull), sharper skates will dig rather than shave, but yeah buy skates over rent and if you don't know how to skate learn that before you play. If you have to focus on skating even the slightest you won't be very successful in a game. Once you can skate forward, do crossovers and stop successfully on both sides you're ready to try and handle a puck and then move into a game. Skating backwards can come later and is not totally necessary to play hockey at a low level unless you have dreams of playing Defence.

Some Michigan arrivals

Authentic Game Cut Nike 1997 University of Michigan Charles Woodson Road Jersey.

1997 Heisman Trophy Winner

fefd3c7d-d712-46bb-975b-1f0eea1b888f_zps

b67d8aa2-05e6-4557-bfa7-89af9ac7e829_zps

Authentic Nike 2001 University of Michigan Mike Cammalleri Frozen Four Road Jersey. This jersey was worn on April 5th, 2001, against Boston College at the

Pepsi Arena in Albany, New York. Name is layered with the base white as one connected piece, numbers are reverse kiss cut. Frozen Four patch is authentic.

DSCN2316_zps529186f7.jpg

DSCN2327_zps9ace100a.jpg

DSCN2320_zpsa0aa8c57.jpg

Been after one of these tribute jerseys for a little while.

Vancouver Giants "Millionnaires" Jersey - Misha Fisenko 2008/09.

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

I never thought I would end up owning one of these to be honest. Love the player though. Thanks to TMLFAN for this guy.

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

As soon as Dubinsky signed with Alaska in the ECHL, I called Meigray to reserve his jersey and they had the black still available. It arrived today! It has very light wear, a few unrepaired holes and a board burn or two. It also has the sleeves taken in about an inch around the wrists. As previously mentioned from folks that own other Dubinsky gamers, the size tag has been completely removed as well.

2012-13 Alaska Aces Brandon Dubinsky Black Set 1

8486816031_b533ed1f49_z.jpg

8486817305_b6cb283b30_z.jpg

Very cool Aces shirt John!

Added some new shirts myself:

11/12 Hugh Jessiman LE Monsters, worn when he got the OT game-winner in Milwaukee last year. Interesting fact: about 5-6 massive holes in the sleeves but no repairs!

IG9X7796-M.jpg

IG9X7800-M.jpg

10/11 Eddie Lack Manitoba Moose w/ 15 year patch

IG9X7787-M.jpg

IG9X7789-M.jpg

09/10 Pekka Rinne Nashvile Predators Alternate, light wear, photomatched to small mark on sleeve stripe, great repair on the chest.

i-JcSVC8p-M.jpg

i-5dN7N8Q-M.jpg

Even though I've never cared much for that jersey design, I have to say that having 2 incredibly rare authentic ones done up with those guys is pretty awesome!

Agreed

whaaaaaaaa sick Rinne 3rd. Thats the one thats been up and down on eBay a few times? I was trying to get it but the seller was so weird. Nice grab man.

That Cammalleri nameplate is awesome. Would you mind taking a close up of just the nameplate?

Here you go. Font is a bit off from a photo of the gamer I saw but pretty close. Think EPS did a nice job, but they originally incorrectly layered the numbers so I have been waiting on this guy for quite a while.

DSCN2328_zpsc4c8a848.jpg

Man, I really miss those 3rd's on the Ice! Sick Rinne! Does ithave a black mark on the 35 on one of the sleeves. I saw a guy selling one that did? Regadless..... such a Beautiful jersey and It's Peks!!!!! I hope he gets the Hart trophy this year. I keep hearing that he's a favorite in the running so far! Recently just found out that Weber only wore 1.0 in those 3rd's Last year's home Golds were the first 2.0's Weber has ever wore.

Was one of like 10 at the Redwings closed Practice today at Bridgestone arena. Fathers of the players trip.

Got to talk to Tootoo for a bit as I knew him for years from the practices. I'm meeting him tomorrow to sign my stick and Game worn Gold 2011-2012 set 1 jersey. It's the jersey he flew into Ryan Miller and the

whole team jumped him and the Fistric fight where he body slammed Fistric while being like 7 inches shorter than him. I also photo matched it to that fight, Tootoo was so pumped and just laughing when i was talking about the Miller Thing especially. He just loves fighting ... also got to Meet Tootoo's Father, Which was awesome! Tootoo told me to come to the Hotel before the game.

IMG_4498_zps674c3881.jpg

it was funny..... there is such a debate on how Nashville if going to react to him on the ice. Half are super bitter he is on the Wings and people like me just miss him. Some think here really left out of spite for being benched during the playoffs. IDK..... But I still will follow him and I will miss seeing him play. Loved his aggressiveness! He always seemed to give it his all..... Even if he didn't deliver. He was never a slacker out there

my buddy is going to help me Try out hockey For the first time next week. He said he actually has all gear and skates I could use to try it out. I m so siked! He is in a local beginner league of

adults and said if I pick it up, I can get in on the league and play with the team. haha!

I am so excited. I have never shot a puck on the ice and i can't wait! I have a Erat game stick that is like the perfect size for me. Do I play with it or not?

it's also auto's really nice but I would cover it somehow if i use it . I definitely dont want to break it! its solid though and I wont be doing slap shots or having contact

thoughts?

my buddy is going to help me Try out hockey For the first time next week. He said he actually has all gear and skates I could use to try it out. I m so siked! He is in a local beginner league of

adults and said if I pick it up, I can get in on the league and play with the team. haha!

I am so excited. I have never shot a puck on the ice and i can't wait! I have a Erat game stick that is like the perfect size for me. Do I play with it or not?

it's also auto's really nice but I would cover it somehow if i use it . I definitely dont want to break it! its solid though and I wont be doing slap shots or having contact

thoughts?

2714117_o-vi.gif

I was actually going to tell you not to use a pro stock stick to start out with since I knew you had a bunch of them. They are built to be as light as possible and only meant to last until your next breakaway. You don't want to get yourself used to shooting with a pro stock only to have it break and not be able to find a replacement with the same balance, curve, etc.

^thanks man! what should i get? there is a pro shop with all kinds of sticks where I will paying? My buddy can cover gear so i guess I'll buy a decent stick to use for a while. i have no clue how any of this works

I'm left handed and Erat's RS seems to be a perfect size. I"m 5'9

That's really hard to say without knowing what your comfort level on ice is and what's available. You probably won't get full benefit out of a top of the line OPS until you are used to skating. The low end stuff is a lot heavier but in my experience it's better in help you get a good feel of playing the puck. As for brands I still use a set of Mission two-piece that I bought years ago so I am not of much help.

I'd actually say it's more important to get a pair of skates you are comfortable with if you plan on playing long term. That's going to make a bigger difference than any stick ever will.

Just got these 2 in today from EPS:

1996-97 Paul Coffey Whalers, always wanted one of these.

afbb1bac-eef8-44d2-96e4-8723c485844d_zps

73fa2d7b-8c40-44dd-b2b9-f8d109ca45c7_zps

2010-11 Shea Weber. I can't fit in 2.0 TI sizes, so one of the cool things about getting this 1.0 done up as a Weber is that the 1.0 is actually accurate for him, as Steezyb coincidentally pointed out earlier.

a8c0a751-5cfb-4081-8010-5cab38fee3f9_zps

51bfa231-9ff3-49c2-8b51-b6c43fd4f790_zps

I Need jersey autograph advise. I most likely will try to hold on to this Tootoo gamer I'm getting signed. With that said, would it be terrible to get him to sign the jersey number really nice in paint pen? Or should stick with fight strap to be safe?

Does number signing really turn people off a lot to buying a gamer if I did have to sell it one day?

I just love all the stories that go with it. I preorderd it with Meigray and then got to watch him in action all season. I was at the Ryan miller fiasco and Fistric fight in person. The jersey really means more to me than some I just swiped a card to buy

What do you guys think? I may frame it as well.