2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the hell was that woman who butchered the National Anthem? After hearing Lauren Hart sing God Bless America before the Alumni game, and after hearing that absolute abomination of a National Anthem, I can safely say the NHL screwed up. Somebody go find Lauren Hart and have her sing it during intermission.

If you have the NHL network you should be able to catch it on there over the next few days.

Sadly no NHL network for me

Both sweaters look really good on the ice. I wouldn't mind seeing Philly make those their homes next season. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Rangers use theirs as an alternate.

Edit: Is it me or do the numbers look like twill?

Congrats to Rangers fans.

Being a Flyers fan I am little frustrated at this time.

My thoughts:

2nd goal by Rupp: Blame on BOB, just leaky goaltending there... reminded me of last years playoff run.

3rd goal: Sorry Giroux but that is on you for leaving B. Richards wide oepn in front of the net

3rd period: Flyers D: it took 3 minutes from 8 min left to 5 min left to get the puck in and contain in the Rangers' zone.

Can't blame Danny for missing the penalty shot (King Henry is one of the best in shooutouts).

Congrats to Schenn and first NHL goal, Hartnell looked like a beast today, hope Jagr is ok.

And to keep this jersey related: Finally decided to go with Giroux (shocker I know) for my jersey customization.

Mike Rupp.... Honoring Jagr with salute... or just being disrespectful?

They reported that Hartnell confronted him at center ice after that goal and yelled at him to show respect.

Can't wait for the 24/7 episode to come out now.

So was I seeing things, or was the ref FROM Philly TRYING to screw us? That "dive" on Callahan was bulls***, and the penalty shot was an even bigger joke.

Great win and two big points.

Yes, the officiating was embarrassing in the third period. It was so slanted towards the Flyers, it wasn't even close. BUT, it doesn't matter now so it's not worth getting upset over.

Congrats to Rangers fans.

Being a Flyers fan I am little frustrated at this time.

My thoughts:

2nd goal by Rupp: Blame on BOB, just leaky goaltending there... reminded me of last years playoff run.

3rd goal: Sorry Giroux but that is on you for leaving B. Richards wide oepn in front of the net

3rd period: Flyers D: it took 3 minutes from 8 min left to 5 min left to get the puck in and contain in the Rangers' zone.

Can't blame Danny for missing the penalty shot (King Henry is one of the best in shooutouts).

Congrats to Schenn and first NHL goal, Hartnell looked like a beast today, hope Jagr is ok.

And to keep this jersey related: Finally decided to go with Giroux (shocker I know) for my jersey customization.

Briere HAS to bury that rebound. It should have never come down to a penalty shot.

I really liked the look of both teams complete unis...Socks and pants looked great!

Yes, the officiating was embarrassing in the third period. It was so slanted towards the Flyers, it wasn't even close

Glad I wasn't the only one paying attention.

I was screaming at the ref in the third. OMFG!

p11958478dt.jpg

Anyone know where this can be had for less than 6xx.xx?

Timmo hooked, but Callahan held onto the stick and instantly dropped to the ice.

The penalty with JVR throwing the Ranger into the net was the wrong call though

And the penalty shot?

The glove never went near the puck forget about closing on it.

And the penalty shot?

The glove never went near the puck forget about closing on it.

When I first saw it I didn't think it was a penalty.... but after watching it over and over with biased eyes (sorry, still bleed orange) It looked very close like he slide over top of it with the glove. A top camera angle would have been better.

He slid into the crease trying to block it. The rule is a player cannot close their glove/hand on the puck. He never came close to capturing the puck, hell I doubt he knew exactly where it was, I did not until it was way up ice.

He slid into the crease trying to block it. The rule is a player cannot close their glove/hand on the puck. He never came close to capturing the puck, hell I doubt he knew exactly where it was, I did not until it was way up ice.

I always thought the rule was no player can cover the puck in the crease besides the goalie, irregardless if its a glove or not.

Here are the rules:

I thought they called it because they said he grabbed it.

Clearly he was not on it as it ended up up ice.

(i) Deliberate illegal substitution

Rule 68

(ii) Intentionally dislodging the net from its moorings during the course of a breakaway

Rule 63

(iii) Intentionally dislodging the net from its moorings when the penalty cannot be served in its entirety within regulation time

Rule 63

(iv) Falling on the puck in the goal crease

Rule 63

(v) Picking up the puck with the hand in the goal crease

Rule 63

(vi) Player on a breakaway who is interfered with by an object thrown or shot by a defending team player

Rule 53

Rule 56

(vii) Player on a breakaway who is interfered with by a player who has illegally entered the game

Rule 70

(viii) Player or goalkeeper throws or shoots an object at the puck in his defending zone

Rule 53

(ix) Player on a breakaway who is fouled from behind

Maybe rule 63 (IV), falling on puck....

Either way, the play earlier where the ref lost sight of pcuk and blew the play dead hurt the flyers..., King Henry lost his stick and the puck was on a flyers stick 15 feet in front of a empty net.

Either way, great game, congrats to Rangers fans.... We'll see you in the play offs!

As an unbiased fan, hoping both teams lost, not wanting to see an OT:

-The call on Callahan was the correct call. He without a doubt sold that. If he didnt fall and continued moving forward, it would have been an awarded goal. But c'mon Cally, I expect that from the Pens, not you

-The Penalty shot call was from NBC. That was a great play by McDonagh.