It arrived today v3.0

JeffB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Kings pickups, mharolde. I'm curious, though, are the numbers on these jerseys (and any other recent season Kings gamers you might have) done in kiss-cut style?

So it's the stitching around a loose nameplate like EPS does, right?

Yup, that's exactly what it is. Who does the serging for you Mike? I usually just put the nameplate on without the serged edge.

Yup, that's exactly what it is. Who does the serging for you Mike? I usually just put the nameplate on without the serged edge.

As for me, I never tried and I'm not even sure if my sewing machine can do that kind of stitching

Yeah, odds are it can't. Mine can't either unfortunately. I think there are some out there that can do both but usually you have to buy a serger machine. They can also cut the fabric along that edge if you're going from a raw piece of material. It's a great little tool and I DESPERATELY need one for myself.

As for my plates though, whenever they come unserged, I go to a local dry cleaners and have them do it. It's a quick job and it rarely costs more than $5.

Those look pretty much like the ones that my machine does as well. I actually got excited when I saw that one on mine because I thought the exact same thing. The pattern on the fabric comes out differently though. The serger uses multiple lines of thread to create that stitch. Some will use four rolls of thread at a time. That's probably why it's almost always a separate machine. If you Google Image search a 'serger machine', you'll see what I mean.

Nice Kings pickups, mharolde. I'm curious, though, are the numbers on these jerseys (and any other recent season Kings gamers you might have) done in kiss-cut style?

The current jerseys I have 2009 - 2010 and 2010 - 2011 are semi-kiss cut.

However the jerseys I have from 2001 - 2002 and 2002 - 2003 are layered.

These are the only years I have three layer numbers so I don't know what year the switch to semi-kiss cut happened.

The current jerseys I have 2009 - 2010 and 2010 - 2011 are semi-kiss cut.

However the jerseys I have from 2001 - 2002 and 2002 - 2003 are layered.

These are the only years I have three layer numbers so I don't know what year the switch to semi-kiss cut happened.

Thanks very much for checking. Not too long ago I had some jerseys done by EPS, a 2003 Robitaille, which came back layered, and a 2009 Kopitar, which came back semi-kiss cut. I didn't specify which I wanted simply because I didn't know what the official team customizer used. I'm really glad they match your gamers! I too am now curious as to when the changeover occurred.

That's gonna be a Thomas jersey right? Lucky enough you found a Bruins 2.0 they "not really" game worn. Are the numbers on the back from Custom Crafted? Can we have some close ups please? Do yourself and your jersey a favor and send it out to Custom Crafted to have it completed. There is none other or better than them to get the right stuff. Great jersey, I'm loving my Ference gamer which is a white 2.0 too. :thumbsup:

Here are close ups of the number 5 I removed from the back. (clickable links)

It is one layer of yellow twill. The white and black parts are "printed" onto the twill. White zig-zag stitching was on the white part to make it appear to be sewn on.

th_IMG_0473.jpg th_IMG_0474.jpg

I just finished this one up:

onalTeamcirca2004Nikeauthentic-vi.jpg

nalTeamcirca2004bNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

I still have to get the nameplate serged though so that's still loose for now.

Trying to find a replica blank of that jersey. Anyone recently see one? And nice jersey. Got Ovie's autograph at a Starbucks in Columbus during the exhibitions games. Good kid.

Here are close ups of the number 5 I removed from the back. (clickable links)

It is one layer of yellow twill. The white and black parts are "printed" onto the twill. White zig-zag stitching was on the white part to make it appear to be sewn on.

ARGH!!! Why did you remove it? And why did you removed the white stitching? That's The work from Custom Crafted alright. You should have sent it to them the way it was to just have the 0 and the name added.

Thats a sweet hawks jersey, id love to own one someday.

Thanks. I never noticed until I compared it today to my 2010 3rd that the present day versions of that classic crest have just an outline for the lips, while the 91 version has them bright red. My son said, "It looks like the old version is wearing lipstick!"

Just got my baby girls first jersey. It will be a little big for her this season so I am going to get a infant size CBJ 3rd jersey for this year and then she can wear this one the year after. Going to remove the joke tag tomorrow. :stickhndl:

P1000529.jpg

Check out how small it is compared to a size 58G.

P1000530.jpg

haha! awesome jersey for your baby girl!

here's something cute a friend of mine did with his boy. Each birthday, he's taken a picture of him wearing an adult OSU Football jersey. Now that he's 7, it's awesome to look back through the photos as he begins to fill it in! Some of the ones when he was very little are just him and the jersey in the same photo, but the effect is there. Just thought it was a cool idea to share!

haha! awesome jersey for your baby girl!

here's something cute a friend of mine did with his boy. Each birthday, he's taken a picture of him wearing an adult OSU Football jersey. Now that he's 7, it's awesome to look back through the photos as he begins to fill it in! Some of the ones when he was very little are just him and the jersey in the same photo, but the effect is there. Just thought it was a cool idea to share!

i should start doing this with my son. he's 3 and just got his first jersey for his birthday.

Love the jr. Blue Jackets jersey, can't wait until I have a kid I can do the same for lol.

Anyways, I picked this one up recently. I was holding out for a 52 at a cheaper price but bit the bullet on this 54 because I'm guessing finding this style with the vector logo was going to be extremely tough once whatever's out there dries up. Not 100% sure who's going on it but right now I'm leaning towards Armstrong. Now onto finding a white.

2807560200105461084S600x600Q85.jpg

Just got my baby girls first jersey. It will be a little big for her this season so I am going to get a infant size CBJ 3rd jersey for this year and then she can wear this one the year after. Going to remove the joke tag tomorrow. :stickhndl:

Nice jersey bluejacket. :thumbsup:

That's a pretty cool idea. Thanks for sharing. :stickhndl: