It arrived today v3.0

JeffB

Very nice. I gotta respect the fact you are not making one an Ovie

haha yeah that's not really something I could wear, you'll be proud, I got my first Isles jersey tonight, kicking off the collection in style

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha yeah that's not really something I could wear, you'll be proud, I got my first Isles jersey tonight, kicking off the collection in style

I am! But now, you have to tell us what you got!

It's been awhile since I've posted, so here's a look at some recent additions to my Blackhawks jersey collection ...

Toews SCF Edge 2.0 Jersey, sz 58 customized by City Sports Lettering (as close as I'm going to get to a Toews SCF gamer)

2918503450106169334S600x600Q85.jpg

Ooooooohhhhhh! I've never been tempted to beat someone up and steal their jersey, but this has me pretty ###### close to trying! Nice freaking jersey!

You would have to be crazy to STRIP a Brian Leetch gamer.

No way Brilliant stripped a gamer. A GI maybe but even then doubtful. I'm thinking it was a team issue or retail authentic to start with.

I do find it odd he's not showing the back, as it would hold some more clues as the origin of the jersey. Very sneaky Mike.

Hot damm, those are some NICE Hawks jerseys! I like the way you have the Kane and THEN the Leighton because that's EXACTLY how it all happened on the ice! :D

You guys are making waaaaaay too much out of this whole Leetch thing. It's not game-worn and it's not game-issued. It's just a KOHO jersey that I had stripped a few years back to put Brian and the ribbon on and then decided to take the RANGERS off and replace it with the NEW YORK. After that, I had to swap out the KOHO neck tag for CCM; which I did this morning. So, we now have a Brian Leetch Opening Night World Trade Center memorial jersey:

angerscirca20011aKOHOauthentic-vi.jpg

angerscirca20011bKOHOauthentic-vi.jpg

leetch1-vi.jpg

That was a tough night to get through...especially the pre-game stuff.

Kane, Leighton, and the disappearing puck! Horrible memories...

Anyway, very creative Mike. That's a very nice tribute jersey.

Hot damm, those are some NICE Hawks jerseys! I like the way you have the Kane and THEN the Leighton because that's EXACTLY how it all happened on the ice! :D

You guys are making waaaaaay too much out of this whole Leetch thing. It's not game-worn and it's not game-issued. It's just a KOHO jersey that I had stripped a few years back to put Brian and the ribbon on and then decided to take the RANGERS off and replace it with the NEW YORK. After that, I had to swap out the KOHO neck tag for CCM; which I did this morning. So, we now have a Brian Leetch Opening Night World Trade Center memorial jersey:

That was a tough night to get through...especially the pre-game stuff.

Wow! that must of been one hell of a strip job!

Great job man!

Photo%20Jul%2012%2C%2017%2057%2049.jpeg

One for the wife, one for me. Mine will probably be an Ovie (don't hate :) dunno what the wife wants yet, probably Laich or Backstrom

As a person who goes to around 20 Caps games a year all I can say about getting an Ovie is don't be surprised if some drunk fool tries to tell you how cheap he got his "authentic" and compare it to yours. The amount of fake Ovies is amazing, like locusts. I prefer Backstrom, which I got with the "A" since he wore it in a few of the early home games this past season, then again at the end and in the playoffs. My favorite is Knuble, not many folks have him, that is what I have on my Winter Classic.

I thought long and hard about it actually, with exactly what you mentioned in mind, but when it came down to it, I don't want to let other peoples stupidity influence whether I get a jersey of a player I like. if that makes any sense lol.

Also I live in Maine, so I only go to one or two caps games a year :( depending how many home games they have during Christmas week when I'm visiting my inlaws

I thought long and hard about it actually, with exactly what you mentioned in mind, but when it came down to it, I don't want to let other peoples stupidity influence whether I get a jersey of a player I like. if that makes any sense lol.

Also I live in Maine, so I only go to one or two caps games a year :( depending how many home games they have during Christmas week when I'm visiting my inlaws

Just got this bad boy today. Gonna make it into a Hunter, # 32. Still thinking of if I should put the NHL 75th Patch on it, or the Stanley Cup 100th. They both look nice and am leaning towards the Stanley Cup Patch, but then again Hunter will live in Infamy that season for his cheap shot in the playoffs.

Any thoughts folks?

^ I would have thought you would have preferred the Tri-States' Greatest defenseman, Dennis Potvin, hit on Ulf Nilsson in 1979 to the Dale Hunter cheap shot. :thumbsup:

cheap shots aside I always enjoyed watching dale hunter play, and from guys I know who have met him, he's a real nice guy.

go with the 100th patch just for the sake of a conversation starter ;)

Dale Freaking Hunter. Sweet!

"It's been awhile since I've posted, so here's a look at some recent additions to my Blackhawks jersey collection ..."

White, Red, or Black, B'Hawks jerseys are great!!

Your defense of Ovie jerseys has led me to take the plunge myself. Dam the drunkards, we wear what we want! I have read on other areas of the board that City of Winners is very highly thought of, and I just took this off his hands.

2010-11 Columbus Blue Jackets Antoine Vermette Away Set 1 - lots of wear and repairs. Though this is a set 1, it was worn as late as March. Vermette was the third alternate, and with injuries, I think they just dug this jersey up instead of re-sewing the A so often. The 50 on the right sleeve has several flaws that match the photo exactly. There are some nice sewn repairs on the front that I wish you could see in the photo (mine or the getty). You might remember the Derick Brassard I posted a week or two ago. I ended up more or less swapping that one for this one...which is what I wanted in the first place, but talked myself out of it :^)

5932447540_2cff69062b.jpg

5931891265_ceb691bda7.jpg

232x337.jpg