2011 NHL ASG Jersey

NYIJM29

Curious what the community's thoughts on the alternate all star jerseys, the ones that were prepared for use at the game, so they're game issued, but not used since a player was selected the other team. IE, blue jerseys for guys that were ultimately chosen for Stall and the opposite.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious what the community's thoughts on the alternate all star jerseys, the ones that were prepared for use at the game, so they're game issued, but not used since a player was selected the other team. IE, blue jerseys for guys that were ultimately chosen for Stall and the opposite.

I would love to get Giroux' and strip it to become a Briere, if that counts. Otherwise they're kind of just props more than anything else.

Maybe I missed it -- where did those jerseys end up? If different, where were they supposed to end up?

Would be a cool item to have but not worth what MeiGray wants for them.

Maybe I missed it -- where did those jerseys end up? If different, where were they supposed to end up?

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreDirectory.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&catLevel=1&catParentID=4519&scId=4519&oldParentID=4213

Thanks, interesting to see their pricing structure.

So are these jerseys Meigray is selling jerseys that were just made up, but never used or worn because they got drafted by different teams?

Edit: I really need to learn how to read.

Thats an extremely steep price for a jersey never worn. Especially because 2.0s are the retail jersey.

Really pricey for some "unofficial game issues", but we all know how Meigray can be with their jerseys.

I'm still facinated by Chara's jerseys. Both Chara's and Brent Burns' jersey are/were listed as 58+s. (I was going to post pics directly to the jerseys, but the Chara has sold within the past few hours.) When you compare the two jerseys, the Chara is custom made and probably 4-6 inches longer than the Burns. That guy is a monster!

Really pricey for some "unofficial game issues", but we all know how Meigray can be with their jerseys.

I'm still facinated by Chara's jerseys. Both Chara's and Brent Burns' jersey are/were listed as 58+s. (I was going to post pics directly to the jerseys, but the Chara has sold within the past few hours.) When you compare the two jerseys, the Chara is custom made and probably 4-6 inches longer than the Burns. That guy is a monster!

When he was on the Isles, I remember a story about how they had to cut up the sleeves on other jerseys and then sew it on to the sleeves of his current jersey. I have a picture with him when I was 7. The guy is a giant and I looked like an ant :)

NHL.com is listing the blue authentics as in stock again.

Anyone know where I can get the white authentic? I keep hoping our arena will get them like past years, but the only thing they've had so far has been the 'jersey t-shirts'.

For anybody who wants an alternative to EPS for the all star jersey Triple Threat Sports is able to do them as well, cost is $85 with the team patch.

Look what nhl shop says about the jersey... this shows that yep they are all 2.0s, or it would have that 1.0 material spandex info

100% double knit polyester

Official All-Star graphics on chest and shoulder crests (where applicable) are designed with a combination of direct embroidery and appliqué twill

NHL® shield patch is sewn on the bottom front of the collar fabric insert

Center Ice jock tag with numeric sizing is applied to the lower left bottom of the jersey

Authentic tie down "fight" strap attached inside back of jersey

Reinforced stitching on all seams and hems

Decorated in the team colors

Officially licensed

Imported

after reading how one or two of you were able to get All Star jerseys from your local arena I decided to call today. All I've seen in Columbus are the jersey tees for Nash. In the past, they've always carried at least a small number of authentics and replicas. The manager said that because of the short timeframe, customized jerseys were still hard to get and that he would not be carrying any, instead focusing on selling the new Columbus third. Kind of lame. It's amazing to me that at no point has it been particularly easy or possible for me to simply get an authentic blank, let alone a customized Nash. Sucks. I don't even like the white jersey, it just annoys me I can't get it.

after reading how one or two of you were able to get All Star jerseys from your local arena I decided to call today. All I've seen in Columbus are the jersey tees for Nash. In the past, they've always carried at least a small number of authentics and replicas. The manager said that because of the short timeframe, customized jerseys were still hard to get and that he would not be carrying any, instead focusing on selling the new Columbus third. Kind of lame. It's amazing to me that at no point has it been particularly easy or possible for me to simply get an authentic blank, let alone a customized Nash. Sucks. I don't even like the white jersey, it just annoys me I can't get it.

I bet if you guys wait until the season is over, more places will have the ASG jerseys for sale. They are usually hard to find right when they come out, as I'm sure you guys know. This goes for any new jersey that comes out. For example, authentic versions of the 2011 WC jersey are difficult to find for a REASONABLE price. (They're out there, but for a ridiculous amount) So my advice is to sit tight, keep checking the places where you would buy your jerseys, and eventually you'll find them. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg

So I think these have disappeared again, can anyone prove me wrong?

I am looking at buying a game issued reverse blue jersey from Mie gray that is the only way I know they are not fakes and are done up with the correct Fonts

I am looking at buying a game issued reverse blue jersey from Mie gray that is the only way I know they are not fakes and are done up with the correct Fonts

Boyle, Green, Nash, Ovechkin, Perry, Price available here: Meigray

$595 - $1250.

Yes thanks I am getting the Nash jersey I love the edge 2 and this will be a little different as its the opposit team he played for .As authentics go they were going for 350.00 plus numbering so it may work out to 450.00 and that is if they do it correctly will post when it arrives

EPS still has my white one - waiting for them to get it customized, but last I heard from Josh they had over 400 that they were customizing (I'm assuming those were replicas) -- so I was just waiting in line. I know the Eye was sending all of theirs off to EPS - so I'd assume that they'll do the big RBC Center order first, then work on the ones sent directly to them. Hoping to have it back in a few weeks though, will post some pictures once it arrives.

So...questions about EPS. Josh told me they'd do 3 layer, with the top one subliminated. Now I don't think that's what the NHL used, but it's most likely better. Should I go that route?

So...questions about EPS. Josh told me they'd do 3 layer, with the top one subliminated. Now I don't think that's what the NHL used, but it's most likely better. Should I go that route?

I'm wondering the same thing. I was going to send mine that I had NHL.com customize (ugh) to EPS to fix the too small front numbers. (They used the smaller numbers for the replica jerseys, not the ones that are the same size as the sleeve numbers.) Josh said they could put the right size numbers on there for me - but the three layer and not the printed as the other numbers are. I am considering having him change all the numbers to three layer. I guess I'm not as concerned about them looking "as worn" and rather concerned about them looking great!

BTW - Josh also told me the Blackhawks team patch from EPS would be printed since he cannot get the embroidered team patch. Instead I'm trying to find something better to send him to add as well (since NHL.com did NOT put a team patch on - ugh again.)