2011 NHL ASG Jersey

NYIJM29

Blue..Large, I did remove the jock tag on it, they look bad on all hockey jerseys but the tag just destroyed the look of this one IMO.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=3096

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you have NHL do the customization?

It came today, and I did have NHL do the customization. I'm really torn about whether I should keep this jersey. I called and even though it was customized because I have a cancellation confirmation number they will authorize a return.

The good: I love the look of this jersey. In person it is even nicer than the pictures show. Some of the detail, like the neck and sleeve insets, is awesome. The crest is fantastic. The rounded nameplate and sewn name (I got Sharp on it) are cool. I like the allstar shoulder patch a lot. Overall - this jersey looks awesome... from a distance.

The bad: As others have said, the stars are heat-pressed on. The numbers are screened three color, complete with the screened stich marks - and then they are actually stitched to the jersey. The NHL logo at the neck is some weird felt thing. And there is no Blackhawks logo on the right sleeve (should have anticipated that, I guess...)

So - if I keep it, anyone know a source for the Blackhawk shoulder patch? Should I live with the stars and send it somewhere to strip the numbers and replace them? I'm really torn...

It came today, and I did have NHL do the customization. I'm really torn about whether I should keep this jersey. I called and even though it was customized because I have a cancellation confirmation number they will authorize a return.

The good: I love the look of this jersey. In person it is even nicer than the pictures show. Some of the detail, like the neck and sleeve insets, is awesome. The crest is fantastic. The rounded nameplate and sewn name (I got Sharp on it) are cool. I like the allstar shoulder patch a lot. Overall - this jersey looks awesome... from a distance.

The bad: As others have said, the stars are heat-pressed on. The numbers are screened three color, complete with the screened stich marks - and then they are actually stitched to the jersey. The NHL logo at the neck is some weird felt thing. And there is no Blackhawks logo on the right sleeve (should have anticipated that, I guess...)

So - if I keep it, anyone know a source for the Blackhawk shoulder patch? Should I live with the stars and send it somewhere to strip the numbers and replace them? I'm really torn...

If the player wore the crappy stars, I mean that makes it legit. I got my shoulder patches off SportsK, I'm sure they have some Hawks stuff.

I'm not sure where you could send it, the only places that seem to do the customization on these is House O Hockey and EPS, it sounds like you got kind of what they used on the game worns? I'm not super familiar with the smoothfit stuff but your description sounds right. As far as the shoulder patch goes there's a few on ebay, I picked up a couple different ones and will be using the one that looks closest to the picture unless EPS can provide a more accurate one. I'm okay with the jersey, I think it's one of the nicer ASG jerseys. I just hope this is not the future of jerseys we're looking at in terms of heat pressed everything and smoothfit numbers for every team.

That one has a white boarder around it....the all star ones had a black boarder.

If that white is just the plastic backing they refer to, there's a narrow black border on the patch itself.

Hard to tell from the picture. Or does the proper patch have a wider black border?

That one has a white boarder around it....the all star ones had a black boarder.

Actually I found an image on Getty (how do you post a link to a Getty image?) and zooming in on his patch there is a white border around the Hawks logo just like the SportsK one...

Actually I found an image on Getty (how do you post a link to a Getty image?) and zooming in on his patch there is a white border around the Hawks logo just like the SportsK one...

... and, BTW, the numbers on the front of the actual jerseys are MUCH bigger than the ones NHL.com put on my customized authentic... Grrrrrr.

So, I can't really tell, did they do every right? Rounded nameplate?

I can see the screen printed stitching under the regular stitching. Also, is it just me or does the jersey look slightly dirty or discolored?

I think it's shadow from the wrinkles.

So, I can't really tell, did they do every right? Rounded nameplate?

Yep - the name plate is rounded. That actually looks good. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

And it isn't discolored - that's just shadows from the poor lighting. The jersey itself is really nice. Just can't stand the numbers.

also, for what it's worth - not sure if this would do any good as far as helping you get your patch for free or not, but I asked this question a while back when I was dealing with shopNHL:

Dear Randy,

Thank you for contacting Customer Service at www.shop.nhl.com.

The authentic All Star jerseys will be identical to the ones worn by the

players on the ice. The team shoulder patch will be included with the

jersey if you select a player who will wear it on their game jersey. We

hope this information has been helpful and you are able to complete your

purchase.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and

thank you again for contacting Customer Service at www.shop.nhl.com.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth W.

Customer Service Representative

Customer Service at www.shop.nhl.com

If you have additional questions, please visit our online Help Desk.

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

To: customerservice@nhl.com

Subject: Placing an Order

Order Number:

Name: Randy Williams

Phone Number: xxxxxxxxxx

Wrote: Hi - just a question on the AUTHENTIC NHL All star jerseys (2011)

-- if i was to order the player customized jersey, would it have the

team shoulder patch on the side like the ones that the players wear?

Thanks!

-Randy

Just got back from Staples Center and thought I would report on the All Star jerseys they have.

They had two racks of pre-customized Kopitar jerseys, both authentic and replica.

However, the customization job was not very good in my opinion.

The replicas had single layer numbers pressed to the jersey...very flimsy.

From what I have read in these forums, it is a typical NHL.com customization job.

The authentics were the disappointment. They also had single layer numbers that were the

flimsy material, however they were stitched on. Would've thought you got a pro customization job

for the 400 bucks they are charging for the jersey.

Lastly, both the replicas and the authentics had oval nameplates.

Just a little FYI

Just got back from Staples Center and thought I would report on the All Star jerseys they have.

They had two racks of pre-customized Kopitar jerseys, both authentic and replica.

However, the customization job was not very good in my opinion.

The replicas had single layer numbers pressed to the jersey...very flimsy.

From what I have read in these forums, it is a typical NHL.com customization job.

The authentics were the disappointment. They also had single layer numbers that were the

flimsy material, however they were stitched on. Would've thought you got a pro customization job

for the 400 bucks they are charging for the jersey.

Lastly, both the replicas and the authentics had oval nameplates.

Just a little FYI

I'm next to positive that the game worn jerseys used the same 'flimsy' (read: smoothfit) numbers.

I emailed customer service. If the numbers on the front of the jersey were bigger and the Hawks patch was on there I'd be fine with the jersey. The are supposed to follow up. Actually, if they find a way to add the Hawks patch I'll be ok.

I'm next to positive that the game worn jerseys used the same 'flimsy' (read: smoothfit) numbers.

I hadn't read all the posts from this thread...until now.

I see my report on the flimsy customization is old news.

Gotta say I am not a big fan of the smoothfit.