DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I'm pretty much set on making the Avs I picked up a Sakic so I'm all set no matter what shows up :D

Nice! I did that! It was an 05-06 version! Though, Denver Athletic messed up the customization, I specified 4 times (including writing it down on a note on the jersey) that I wanted kiss-cut and they did stacked twill. So, I am really looking into making it an 01 Cup Finals or ASG jersey. If anyone has a blueish (for the Avs burgundy) Koho patch, you will become my best friend forever! :) Seriously though, contact me and we can work something out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philadelphia-Flyers-Mike-Richards-Authentic-Jersey-48-/120474900428?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c0cdd17cc

Some peeps might like this deal? Customized Richards orange authentic $100 with an offers option.

Nice! I did that! It was an 05-06 version! Though, Denver Athletic messed up the customization, I specified 4 times (including writing it down on a note on the jersey) that I wanted kiss-cut and they did stacked twill. So, I am really looking into making it an 01 Cup Finals or ASG jersey. If anyone has a blueish (for the Avs burgundy) Koho patch, you will become my best friend forever! :) Seriously though, contact me and we can work something out.

Did the Avs do kiss cut in those years or was that just your preference? I'd like to get mine as accurate as possible

Did the Avs do kiss cut in those years or was that just your preference? I'd like to get mine as accurate as possible

Per Jay (BurnabyJoe), who is the guy you want to talk to for Avs help, the Avs started using kiss cut in 2005-06.

:huh:

WHY would you want to?

it's a PRO jersey and other than the fact that Modo wore a 58, it's pretty spot on!

:unsure:

Oops. I should correct myself. I meant to say is there anyway to remove the Stars logo on the lower hem on the left side near the CCM logo and the NHL shield.

ottawa sens 3rd air knit with the Chara written on the tag is mine.

pissed i missed out on the 9 jersey lot on ebay

What was the 9 jersey lot? I must have missed that, too. Anyone have a link?

What was the 9 jersey lot? I must have missed that, too. Anyone have a link?

Was it this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-JERSEY-CCM-PRO-PLAYER-KOHO-LOT-9-TOTAL-XXL-/150647956204?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item23135162ec

(Not sure if the link will work, because it's a completed listing.)

Was it this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-JERSEY-CCM-PRO-PLAYER-KOHO-LOT-9-TOTAL-XXL-/150647956204?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item23135162ec

(Not sure if the link will work, because it's a completed listing.)

Pretty awesome deal provided they're all in good shape. XXL is pretty ###### huge though

Oops. I should correct myself. I meant to say is there anyway to remove the Stars logo on the lower hem on the left side near the CCM logo and the NHL shield.

I think what he meant was that the Stars hem logo is supposed to be there on the authentic through the late 90's. It only came off in 1999, the year after the Stars won the Cup. The logo looks quite nice, imo- wish more teams had done that.

Does anyone know if Major League Lettering has the proper nameplate curve for the Avalanche jerseys?

Last time. We've talked over PM about this at least twice before. The only place that can get the Avalanche curve exactly right is Denver Athletic. Go somewhere else if you want, but they won't get the curve right. Nothing against any other places, they all do great work for the most part, but Avalanche nameplates are pretty tough to get right.

...I was busy drinking with my neighbor, staring at her giant rack...ugh!!!

You need to be clear here.

"Ugh" that you lost the auction?

Or "ugh" you neighbors giant rack is somewhat less than appealing?

And any chance of a picture of the above mentioned giant rack in the "Is it good or not?" thread?

You need to be clear here.

"Ugh" that you lost the auction?

Or "ugh" you neighbors giant rack is somewhat less than appealing?

And any chance of a picture of the above mentioned giant rack in the "Is it good or not?" thread?

Ugh, that I missed the auction, and double ugh that I'm only staring at her rack, and not motor boating it...it's quite nice...and being an 80s collector, well, let's just say that it would suit my collection theme quite nicely :wub:

Ugh, that I missed the auction, and double ugh that I'm only staring at her rack, and not motor boating it...it's quite nice...and being an 80s collector, well, let's just say that it would suit my collection theme quite nicely :wub:

Hell, those would (lol...I said wood) even fit in my collection! :thumbsup:

Hell, those would (lol...I said wood) even fit in my collection! :thumbsup:

<_<

too bad the seller didn't list it correctly.. from the pix it looks like a authentic, not a replica... i see a size tag and the logo on the hem looks like an authentic.. my bad, i ignore listings that say "xl or xxl" because i don't do replicas.. maybe i should look more closely next time?

dry.gif

too bad the seller didn't list it correctly.. from the pix it looks like a authentic, not a replica... i see a size tag and the logo on the hem looks like an authentic.. my bad, i ignore listings that say "xl or xxl" because i don't do replicas.. maybe i should look more closely next time?

Those ARE the steals...the ones that say 'Fight Strap', 'authentic pro' or they list a pro size '48, 52, 54, etc' are going to have everyone watching them, and chances are they'll go high, or at least what they're worth.

It's the hidden gems that you want to find, the jersey that a fan bought in 1989 when they went to the game so many years ago, and have had sitting in a closet ever since. And all of a sudden they decide to do a bit of spring cleaning, dig them out, and put them up ebay just to get rid of them.

Take the '86-87 Bruins I found recently - the title was 'Boston Bruins Jersey Terry O'Reilly w/ Bonus' and the listing said, and I quote -

"I bought this jersey at the Bruins Pro Shop back when O'Reilly was the coach. It's a real jersey with sewn on numbers and patches as well as a riveted strap. It is in very good condition and comes with a bonus promotional jersey from Allison Mleczko featuring the Monster.com (sponser) patch on the front and printed 2002 Winter Olympics sponser on the sleeve."

...sewn on numbers and patches as well as a riveted strap.

Love it!!

I just hate it when I find a gem like that Stars, I add it to my watch list and hope for the best, and then I end up missing it because I'm titty-drunk! ARRRGGGH!!!!

Being a first year Dallas Stars, I could easily have removed those shoulder patches, cleaned it up, and turned it into a last year North Stars!

At the time, it seemed worth it -

2319949170105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

Holy cow.

<_<

Good call. Direct quote form the seller in the Question and Answer section, "There is a little tag with the number 52 on it and I have no idea what that means." :blink: I wonder if he has any "replica" Avalanche jerseys.

Holy cow.

If only I were more G-rated like you. I'll give it a try: JEEEEEBUS!